+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 198 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2956

Thread: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by dawgpix View Post
    a step above waffle house?

No such thing.
    gospel!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

Not sure about Scott's Seafood, but if I were a betting man...I'd bet on Ruston's 10th Mexican restaurant.
    Day surgery center going in the old Scott's Seafood.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

So the new gas station in front of the library—is that a QT?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    So the new gas station in front of the library—is that a QT?
    Hopefully no diesel for big trucks.

We finally got the round a bout thing working well in West Monroe, then QT moved in and screwed traffic up.

BTW, our middle daughters family is living in Benton. Nice area. When I see Temple, I always think about you and George Straight.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Last I heard, QT will serve big trucks.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Last I heard, QT will serve big trucks.
    That's gonna be a mess.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Truck stops should only be allowed on the very outskirts of a city. I would think the truckers would prefer that too, with easier on/off an interstate.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That's gonna be a mess.
    Speaking of a mess...can someone please do something to alleviate the traffic SNAFU that is the Dallas metro area!? Here's what is needed: a by-pass from I-20 to I-35 just above Denton, going in both directions. This by-pass will NOT, I repeat NOT have any on/off ramps that can be accessed by Dallas dwellers. You access it either off I-20, east/west or via I-35 above Denton. That's it!

And hello to all the Texas highway engineers, try this: TRAFFIC CIRCLES!!! Join the rest of the world in the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That's gonna be a mess.
    I agree, and my info could absolutely be wrong or old. However, I was told that QT and Bucee’s stay in constant contact. Bucee’s informs them as to when they will be building in an area and if QT owns a space there, they build as well. The goal, apparently, is for QT to serve the traffic that Bucee’s can’t/won’t.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Bingo.
    If the trucks don't stop at the old Guide plant site east of Monroe or the Pilot/QT at Well Road in West Monroe I'd imagine they'd plan to hit East Bossier or West Shreveport truck stops.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Supposed to be a service road in the works from Tarbutton to Grambling. Big truck stop going in in Grambling. They will probably get a lot of traffic. And they will keep their sales and property tax revenue. Novel concept.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Speaking of a mess...can someone please do something to alleviate the traffic SNAFU that is the Dallas metro area!? Here's what is needed: a by-pass from I-20 to I-35 just above Denton, going in both directions. This by-pass will NOT, I repeat NOT have any on/off ramps that can be accessed by Dallas dwellers. You access it either off I-20, east/west or via I-35 above Denton. That's it!

And hello to all the Texas highway engineers, try this: TRAFFIC CIRCLES!!! Join the rest of the world in the 21st century.
    If your goal is to by-pass Dallas from I-20 east, take US69 at Lindale, go thru Mineola then over to Greenville, then over to US380. It takes you thru McKinney, over US75, and finally over to Denton. It doesn't bypass Denton, but connects to I35.

As far as traffic circles, Dallas attempted one at Northwest Highway and Denton Drive/Harry Hines Blvd. and it was FUBAR. They finally did away with it in late 70's or early 80's. You got on it and so did about 5 other streets, spun around and ATTEMPTED to get right so you could exit at your street. Accidents galore and nothing but frustrated drivers. I lived about a half mile away from it and had to spin thru the damn thing daily for a while. No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Bingo.
    If the trucks don't stop at the old Guide plant site east of Monroe or the Pilot/QT at Well Road in West Monroe I'd imagine they'd plan to hit East Bossier or West Shreveport truck stops.
    Rayville Pilot is an easy in and easy out for Trucks...Now better with the new traffic circle, but it must not matter because they are always full. So it the cluster at Pilot West Monroe...and the Pilot at DFM's favorite town in Bossier Parish is always rockin'...I HATE Pilot because they are always the first to price gouge on gasoline.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    If your goal is to by-pass Dallas from I-20 east, take US69 at Lindale, go thru Mineola then over to Greenville, then over to US380. It takes you thru McKinney, over US75, and finally over to Denton. It doesn't bypass Denton, but connects to I35.

As far as traffic circles, Dallas attempted one at Northwest Highway and Denton Drive/Harry Hines Blvd. and it was FUBAR. They finally did away with it in late 70's or early 80's. You got on it and so did about 5 other streets, spun around and ATTEMPTED to get right so you could exit at your street. Accidents galore and nothing but frustrated drivers. I lived about a half mile away from it and had to spin thru the damn thing daily for a while. No thanks!
    Fort Worth has two traffic circles, a small one near TCU and a bigger one farther west. They're fine, I guess.

+ Reply to Thread