+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 198 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: Logan's Roadhouse Coming to DAWGTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Except in Ruston, where people prefer chain restaurants that remind them of bigger cities that they have visited instead of appreciating the much better local options. It is just another symptom of N. Louisiana's inferiority complex.
    I would rather eat anywhere BUT a chain. Local is always better.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    According to my wife - the ONLY places I think there are to eat in Ruston are Dowlings, Dowlings, Dowlings and Monjuni's...
    Hot Rod's BBQ is pretty awesome.

But that's sort of the point of it all, there aren't many local joints. And the few there are, or have been, aren't very good or are never heard of because they didn't think their business model through.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I think I'm going to open a Steak n' Shake in Ruston.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Hot Rod's BBQ is pretty awesome.

But that's sort of the point of it all, there aren't many local joints. And the few there are, or have been, aren't very good or are never heard of because they didn't think their business model through.
    To me Hot Rod's is nothing more than a Podnuh's knock-off...

I've eaten at just about every joint in Ruston except for Karl's Teriayki place, Scott's and Bistro 102 -

Some I've hit a couple of times, but either poor service (Dawghouse) or inconsistent food (Log Cabin & Ronin) keep me from frequenting them more often....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I'm going to be at Lake Claiborne all next week Dwayne. What is the Moons steak night and what are the particulars to getting there on time, ordering ect?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus_KKY View Post
    I think you mean Zaxbys.... And I can't wait till they open!
    Zaxby's opened yesterday in West Monroe. Man it was good but the traffic was a nightmare!!!

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus_KKY View Post
    Zaxby's opened yesterday in West Monroe. Man it was good but the traffic was a nightmare!!!
    Where is it?

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    Where is it?
    Get off at Well Road and go North. Go straight at the first light (cross over Hwy 80) and it will be on your left. Across from Mac's Fresh Foods. Can't miss it!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I hate it when people say that when it comes to a food place or a service industry...

If the food is good at a reasonable price or if the business provides a good service at a reasonable price they will get more traffic than they can handle...

It's ALL about what you put on the table or out the door that insures repeat business

BTW - I think a Whataburger would do good in Ruston
    I agree totally, and location helps. My two favorite places in Ruston aren't chains...Ponchatoula's and Dowling's.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Of course my post refers to the people in Ruston, so I am not talking about the people passing through.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Of course my post refers to the people in Ruston, so I am not talking about the people passing through.
    As you know, you almost have to have the "people passing through" to be successful. My observation is that a restaurant with a good lunch crowd will be successful no matter where they are located. If the lunch crowd is slim, they'd better have a HECK of a dinner crowd. We all know that locals from Ruston and West Monroe can't support as many restaurants as we have available.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I'm going to be at Lake Claiborne all next week Dwayne. What is the Moons steak night and what are the particulars to getting there on time, ordering ect?
    Friday & Saturday -

Call it in 927-3687 and then it will be ready when you get there

Come down 146 into town - turn right on Beardsly at the old CEC building and that will cut you directly over to 9 and then head north towards Summerfield - Moon's will be on the right in Antioch...

Give Tech77 and myself a call one day (except Thursday we have Lions) and we will grab a burger up at the Rebel Stop -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Speaking of new restaurants needed in Ruston and beyond, we need . . .

one of those In&Out thingies.

Everybody ready? 3. . . . 2 . . . . 1 .. . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Bulldog LT2 is an unknown

We ate at Newk's in Monroe today. It was delicious!! I thought they were going to build one in Ruston.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I think I'm going to open a Steak n' Shake in Ruston.
    I think that'd do well in Ruston. Freddy's Frozen Custard would too, which is similar to Steak n' Shake. We have quite a few Freddy's locations here in San Antonio.

+ Reply to Thread