+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 198 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    The opening date is April 30th unless it changed. They are training right now.
    yup, lots of cars in the lot but huge sign saying "opening soon"

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

If any of you Ruston Dawgs are in the vicinity, and can snap a picture of opening day congestion...i bet that place is gonna be INSANE for a several days.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Found out yesterday they did have a soft opening this weekend. If you want a burger to get it.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Found out yesterday they did have a soft opening this weekend. If you want a burger to get it.
    It's just not worth it. I might even embarrass myself.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    It's just not worth it. I might even embarrass myself.
    lol well played. I don't feel too bad about since I was quoting someone else.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    If any of you Ruston Dawgs are in the vicinity, and can snap a picture of opening day congestion...i bet that place is gonna be INSANE for a several days.
    So how is it? The drive-through line has been insane. Tuesday night they were backed up six deep onto the service road. At one point, if not more, they had cops directing traffic. Tonight about seven o'clock it was three deep out in the service road. Someone said they waited about 15 minutes once inside. I would hope they could handle the crowds or they'd make a lot of bad first impressions.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    So how is it? The drive-through line has been insane. Tuesday night they were backed up six deep onto the service road. At one point, if not more, they had cops directing traffic. Tonight about seven o'clock it was three deep out in the service road. Someone said they waited about 15 minutes once inside. I would hope they could handle the crowds or they'd make a lot of bad first impressions.
    Nobody is going because it is too crowded.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

That's my plan--give it a month or so until the new wears off. But I thought there were a few on here who couldn't wait for it to open and would have braved the crowds and traffic and then have some sort of critique.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Nobody is going because it is too crowded.
    Thanks, Yogi!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

That's my plan--give it a month or so until the new wears off. But I thought there were a few on here who couldn't wait for it to open and would have braved the crowds and traffic and then have some sort of critique.
    Alas, opening week Chuckie was on the west coast, but I intend to get my Whataburger ON today. I've heard good reviews by folks who braved the crowds...good food, great service...in spite of the store being slammed with people this week.

I'll let y'all know what the Chuckster thinks later today.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Skip the burger and get the chicken strips with gravy. The apple pie is also excellent.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Their BOB (breakfast on a bun) is terrific as well. All fresh ingredients and real eggs.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

My impression of Whataburger from here in C. Texas is that they are pretty much always slow. Not as bad as you're describing, but it just takes 2-3 people in line to really slow things down. It's largely their system--"don't make it until it's ordered" that does it. It'll get better as the new wears off, but I wouldn't expect it to ever be lightening quick.

So we got there about 5:30, on day 5 after opening. Cars were 15 deep in the drive-thru, and it was SRO inside. Cars parked on the curbs and in adjacent lots. Anyway, the 4 of us walked up in there...and while you couldn't stir 'em with a stick, the Staff was actually pretty fast. Manager opened an additional register to get orders taken. We walked up, and of course with the kids we had a couple of complicated "hold this, add that" orders. Even with all the chaos, our order was delivered to our table QUICKLY and was 100% CORRECT. Honestly, we were expecting the order to be jacked up, but it was perfect. If they can continue to keep the bar set high, they'll do very well in Dawgtown!

Good job, Whataburger.

Thanks for the report, ChuckK3.

I noticed dirt movement and maybe a slab form going in on Malone's development off Kentucky. Anyone know what that is?

+ Reply to Thread