+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 198 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

I would love to see Ruston develop its downtown with local eateries and bars. It has potential.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I would love to see Ruston develop its downtown with local eateries and bars. It has potential.
    Like Sundown, Ponchatula's, RAW, the place that used to be Monjunis.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I wonder if there are any Tech grads out there with extensive experience in city planning and downtown revitalization .... ???

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    My impression of Whataburger from here in C. Texas is that they are pretty much always slow. Not as bad as you're describing, but it just takes 2-3 people in line to really slow things down. It's largely their system--"don't make it until it's ordered" that does it. It'll get better as the new wears off, but I wouldn't expect it to ever be lightening quick.
    Apparently not slow enough for the people of Ruston. Whattaburger is NOT McD or Burger King last time I checked.

All fast foods are as fast as their menu allows.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    All fast foods are as fast as their menu allows.
    While generally true, this does not explain all fast-food establishments. At Griffs, for example, your order will be ready whenever the staff decides it will be ready.

And Chick-A-Dilly, of course, is a category all its own.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    While generally true, this does not explain all fast-food establishments. At Griffs, for example, your order will be ready whenever the staff decides it will be ready.
    And, Saturday night at the Shreveport Griff's, it was <2 minutes from the order being paid for at the first window.

And, yes, the FF's were awesomely limp.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    And, yes, the FF's were awesomely limp.
    That was intentional right?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I wonder if there are any Tech grads out there with extensive experience in city planning and downtown revitalization .... ???
    I don't know of any.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

What's the latest on Zaxby's? I have't thought to look at the progress lately.

Puppy Crowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the roughCrowdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Thanks for the report, ChuckK3.

I noticed dirt movement and maybe a slab form going in on Malone's development off Kentucky. Anyone know what that is?

Karl's establishment has great potential. Hopefully the new development meets the potential. I've heard rumors such as: retail, whole foods store, and maybe an emu farm(lol).

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see Mayor Hollingsworth and the city would go after Tanger Outlets and build a Foley, AL or San Marcos, TX -sized Tanger Outlet center in Ruston. I'm not talking Vicksburg or Terrell,TX...i'm saying a 150-200 store outlet mall. A BIG HUMMER.

Imagine the tax revenue, jobs, and ripple effect economic development something like that could mean to Ruston/Lincoln! You're an hour east of S/B, 30 minutes west of M/WM, 90 minutes north of Alex/Pineville, and 45 minutes south of El Dorado. Folks would drive in from all over, stay overnight (particularly during the holiday shopping season), eat at your restaurants...and would probably be a strong drawing card for folks to just relocate to Ruston.

Do any of y'all know if a project like that has ever been pursued at all?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    A BIG HUMMER.
    Bernice has the market pretty well cornered.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    I would like to see Mayor Hollingsworth and the city would go after Tanger Outlets and build a Foley, AL or San Marcos, TX -sized Tanger Outlet center in Ruston. I'm not talking Vicksburg or Terrell,TX...i'm saying a 150-200 store outlet mall. A BIG HUMMER.

Imagine the tax revenue, jobs, and ripple effect economic development something like that could mean to Ruston/Lincoln! You're an hour east of S/B, 30 minutes west of M/WM, 90 minutes north of Alex/Pineville, and 45 minutes south of El Dorado. Folks would drive in from all over, stay overnight (particularly during the holiday shopping season), eat at your restaurants...and would probably be a strong drawing card for folks to just relocate to Ruston.

Do any of y'all know if a project like that has ever been pursued at all?
    The first random thoughts that popped in my head were:
    1) the example in Arcadia isn't lighting any motivational fires
    2) retail won't come unless they can be directly on I-20
    3) Ruston doesn't have enough residential housing
    4) people "from everywhere" would just assume drive a little further to Monroe or Shreveport/BC

Personally, to use someone else's words from a meeting I was in this morning...I'd like to see Ruston become a college town, instead of a town with a college. But that requires effort from everyone working together.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crowdaddy View Post
    Karl's establishment has great potential. Hopefully the new development meets the potential. I've heard rumors such as: retail, whole foods store, and maybe an emu farm(lol).
    See my last post about being too far from I-20. And at this point they are just (baseless) rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    What's the latest on Zaxby's? I have't thought to look at the progress lately.
    Dirt piles and a lovely wooden "coming soon" sign.

+ Reply to Thread