+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Defense of Marriage Act no longer to be defended

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Defense of Marriage Act no longer to be defended

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    What do you think would be biblically correct?
    I know that God hates divorce (even if there are some provisions for it...those provisions do not mean that he endorses it or is okay with it). The biblical thing to do is to honor your marriage vows. I think we can all attest to the fact that there are times that we don't "feel" like doing that...that's why it's a commitment.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Okay. I know them and from all normal observable indications, they were great husbands. If you choose to believe that they weren't because they struggled with same sex attraction, you're welcome to that.
    Asexual marriages are not healthy.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You're making assumptions that aren't justified.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

You're making assumptions that aren't justified.
    How much man-sex would you have if that were the type of relationships that were Biblically ordained? Are you talking about bisexual, bi-curious, or homosexual men?
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

But homosexual marriages are?

How much man-sex would you have if that were the type of relationships that were Biblically ordained? Are you talking about bisexual, bi-curious, or homosexual men?
    I'm talking about men who fulfill their obligations to their wives although they struggle with same sex attraction. I don't believe I've been unclear about that.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

ask genpoop

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

I know that God hates divorce (even if there are some provisions for it...those provisions do not mean that he endorses it or is okay with it). The biblical thing to do is to honor your marriage vows. I think we can all attest to the fact that there are times that we don't "feel" like doing that...that's why it's a commitment.
    I think He is OK with it under the provisions you are aware of. If not, he wouldn't have given us those provisions.

But homosexual marriages are?
    Some of them. Not all heterosexual marriages are healthy.

Some of them. Not all heterosexual marriages are healthy.
    Agree.

I'm talking about men who fulfill their obligations to their wives although they struggle with same sex attraction. I don't believe I've been unclear about that.
    But they are still sexually-attracted to their wife? If so, your scenario is not surprising to me, and I would not consider these men homosexuals. Merely, bisexual or bi-curious.

I think He is OK with it under the provisions you are aware of. If not, he wouldn't have given us those provisions.
    He gave provisions for dealing with sin too...he's not okay with that.

But they are still sexually-attracted to their wife? If so, your scenario is not surprising to me, and I would not consider these men homosexuals. Merely, bisexual or bi-curious.
    Like I said, it's a struggle (just like it can be for heterosexual couples). It is funny though: I say I know men who struggle with same-sex attraction and they have stable homes...you're response: they're not gay enough.

got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    ask genpoop
    I am surprised he has not weighed in. This is the only subject that he actually knows anything about and he has not posted.

homosexuals (meaning those that are not attracted to the opposite sex but are attracted to their own)
    The men I'm speaking of would say that they struggle because, apart from their beliefs about the Scripture, they would prefer same-sex partners. They are convinced that they cannot honor God and have same-sex partners, so they work and struggle to have God honoring relationships with their wives (God honoring includes all aspects of the relationship...including the bedroom).

+ Reply to Thread