+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love...

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I love...

...the Scatterload.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: I love...

Rib and cheese on sour dough, FTW.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I tried it this past week. I liked it, but want to try something else next time. They have all kinds of good stuff on the menu.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I'll admit that the hundreds of times I've been there, I've had nothing except the Scatterload. I just can't imagine anything being better. I keep meaning to try the rib and cheese.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    ...the Scatterload.
    You just made me hungry! I've never had one of those but it looks real good!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

I really appreciate all the nice things you guys have to say about the Scatterload and the other sandwiches. If you ever get tired of or want to try something other than a sandwich you really need to try the 1/2 chicken platter. Of all the things I serve (sandwiches, ribs, brisket, etc ...) the 1/2 chicken is the best kept secret on the menu.

And by the way, I will hopefully be building a new, larger restaurant with double the capacity and a drive thru pick-up window soon. The plan is for the new restaurant to serve all of the current bbq items we have now plus fried catfish platters, french fries, chicken strips, more side items like corn on the cob, black eyed peas, green beans, candied yams, turnip greens, and some new desserts like cobbler and bananna pudding.

Again, thanks for your support of Dowling's Smokehouse BBQ and for your support of La Tech Athletics!

Jeremy Telford
    Owner, Dowling's Smokehouse BBQ
    www.dowlingsbbq.com

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Now I'm really hungry! Do you ship to San Antonio?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I love the 1/2 chicken. Get it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcherjlt View Post
    If you ever get tired of
    ?!?!

But on a more serious note, I'll have to try it out someday if I can ever get past the feeling of being unfaithful.

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Now I'm really hungry! Do you ship to San Antonio?
    That's a fantastic idea. The meats could be shipped and then cooked here. Next time I'm in Ruston I'm ordering 50lb of uncooked Scatterload.

Tampa Bay area BBQ has been pretty mediocre, imo.

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

If you ever get tired of or want to try something other than a sandwich you really need to try the 1/2 chicken platter. Of all the things I serve (sandwiches, ribs, brisket, etc ...) the 1/2 chicken is the best kept secret on the menu.

I went to try the chicken last night. It was amazing! I had never had anything other than the Rib sandwich except the scatterload when the horrible words, "I'm sorry, we're out of the rib meat" were uttered.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I really appreciate all the nice things you guys have to say about the Scatterload and the other sandwiches. If you ever get tired of or want to try something other than a sandwich you really need to try the 1/2 chicken platter. Of all the things I serve (sandwiches, ribs, brisket, etc ...) the 1/2 chicken is the best kept secret on the menu.

And by the way, I will hopefully be building a new, larger restaurant with double the capacity and a drive thru pick-up window soon. The plan is for the new restaurant to serve all of the current bbq items we have now plus fried catfish platters, french fries, chicken strips, more side items like corn on the cob, black eyed peas, green beans, candied yams, turnip greens, and some new desserts like cobbler and bananna pudding.

Again, thanks for your support of Dowling's Smokehouse BBQ and for your support of La Tech Athletics!

Jeremy Telford
    www.dowlingsbbq.com
    Will it be in the same location?

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

Jeremy Telford
    www.dowlingsbbq.com
    I concur that the 1/2 chicken is excellent. The meat just falls off the bone.

Puppy SeminoleDawg has turned a few heads around hereSeminoleDawg has turned a few heads around hereSeminoleDawg has turned a few heads around here

Just had the 1/2 chicken per yalls recommendation. It was "fall off the bone" excellent. Also has the Scatterload for the first time last week and it was awesome as well.

Varsity Bulldog LThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post

I was going to ask the same thing.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LThoo View Post
    I was going to ask the same thing.
    Along that same line, does anyone know if any business will ever open in all that land that was cleared next to Dowlings? Seemed like someone paid A LOT of money to clear that land, only to have it sit vacant for years.

+ Reply to Thread