+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech mardi gras float (we should have one next year)

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

LA Tech mardi gras float (we should have one next year)

Just a thought, but La Tech/ alumni group/ TAG should sponsor a float in the Shreveport mardi gras parade. The centar is going on now and there is tiger crap everywhere. A Tech float would be a great start in showing LOUISIANA Tech is a major part of the state. It would be good exposeure because there are tons of people here who are probably the "casual fan" we are trying to reach.

The float can have a giant lady of the mist front piece. (we can get the art students to make it) then throw tech cups, blue/red beads, and some kind of cheap plastic novelty with next year's schedule on it. Maybe miss Tech, homecoming queen, or regal blues could ride along!

Anyone interested in seeing if this is a possiblity please post more ideas!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: LA Tech mardi gras float (we should have one next year)

I think it's a great idea. I would love to participate if I lived closer. For now, I would donate money to the construction of the float.

Karl Malone or Davison can probably help out on providing a flatbed trailer.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Football Re: LA Tech mardi gras float (we should have one next year)

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I think it's a great idea. I would love to participate if I lived closer. For now, I would donate money to the construction of the float.

Karl Malone or Davison can probably help out on providing a flatbed trailer.
    Thanks, Q!

You can come down from LR to see the "misty lady float!"

I'm thinking a few fellow alum here in Shreveport would be potential participatants also. We could maybe get ctb (trying to expand over in SBC), Maxwell's, smoothie king...etc to corporate sponsor it too?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

We should have it in both the Monroe and the Shreveport parades.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Good idea to be in both cities. Seems like Tech's band has marched in the Monroe one in years past, or did I dream that? I thought about that at the mbb game last Saturday and assumed they weren't since the hoop troop was at the game.

Anyway, someone on this board brought up the idea of having a Tech float last year, I think. Maybe one of these years someone will get inspired to make it happen--either alumni or Tech honchos.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Good idea to be in both cities. Seems like Tech's band has marched in the Monroe one in years past, or did I dream that? I thought about that at the mbb game last Saturday and assumed they weren't since the hoop troop was at the game.

Anyway, someone on this board brought up the idea of having a Tech float last year, I think. Maybe one of these years someone will get inspired to make it happen--either alumni or Tech honchos.
    How about folks on latechbbb? :icon_wink:

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    I know that we did in 1998. I got a few numbers along the route! :icon_wink:

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Good Luck....We can't even get people to step up and participate in the TAG group....Been the same 8-10 of us running that group since it started...Time for some new blood.

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    Good Luck....We can't even get people to step up and participate in the TAG group....Been the same 8-10 of us running that group since it started...Time for some new blood.
    I'll call out some folks who live in shreve/bossier who would participate...ITdrummer.

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

I was talking about this yesterday with a friend. I would be more than willing to donate/participate.

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

Guys, guys, Guys - We need to be all over North La. in marketing. I mean twice as big as to what LSU is doing up here. There needs to be a budget for our area - not so much for the state. take small steps at first. This idea of thinking small has been the normal for many, many years. The fans seem to be more prouder than the faculty's view of marketing the school.

Tech souvenirs WILL sell in stores on North LA. if they'd just get them there. Man, toilet seat covers from LSU to just about anything else they marketing dept wants to dream up. LSU has a great Marketing Dept. I'm not saying we need to be equall to them, just the thinking process for our limited area. What does our Marketing Dept think and what's there floor plan to put the souvenirs in the local stores?

A good rule of thumb is how we operate the Game Day experience. It's better than in years past that's for sure - but the fans see alot of room for improvement. If tailgatting by the fans is any indiaction of what the fanes want (it's super) - why is the game day experience so lacking when everybody goes inside? The game day experience should be like a stage performance (my opinion) - it shouldn't be like a organized fire drill...just my thoughts.
    Last edited by cberg; 02-28-2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: tweaking

I threw this together, it's a very rough rendering.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Q: We've tossed that idea around some time ago but there are a bunch of factors in the mardi gras idea. The only parade we could participate in, financially, would be the Highland Parade. We'd need a warehouse to store our float, people to build and man said float, and none of us TAG guys would be near sober enough to drive the damn thing come parade day!
    As Shreveportdawg points out the TAG Group is hard-pressed at this time to donate any more of our personal monies/TIME and did I mention TIME to any other projects. We need recruits to help the NW La TAG expand and thrive....hell, maybe just to keep existing. I know my participation has dropped off significantly due to family and business stuff.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I threw this together, it's a very rough rendering.

I wonder if the Architecture Dept. and/or Art Dept. could do something like this as a project?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I wonder if the Architecture Dept. and/or Art Dept. could do something like this as a project?
    I bet they could. Then add some EEs in there for the electrical work for the generator and lighting.

+ Reply to Thread