+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3/1 UALR game

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 3/1 UALR game

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Gary Hogan Field
    Seating: 548
    Surface: Grass, Artificial Turf (infield) 3
    Built: unknown (used by UALR in 1978)

Where is the stadium located? Is it close to the campus?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Where is the stadium located? Is it close to the campus?
    Yeah, it's east of the campus a couple of blocks. If you go pass the ballpark you might end up in a not so good neighborhood. I think you might can score some meth back in there.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The UALR folks who I talked to that made it down to Ruston for the series last weekend RAVED on and on about our set-up -

They were very complimentary and stated on numerous occassions that they wished they had something just close to our park -

I can see why now -

BTW - Nevada & Hawaii has the same infield setup
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The UALR folks who I talked to that made it down to Ruston for the series last weekend RAVED on and on about our set-up -

They were very complimentary and stated on numerous occassions that they wished they had something just close to our park -

I can see why now -

BTW - Nevada & Hawaii has the same infield setup
    As has Creighton for the past 20+ years until this year. And I think Wichita St. still has it.

This is pretty common in College baseball - the turf infield.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    As has Creighton for the past 20+ years until this year. And I think Wichita St. still has it.

Northwestern St has it

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post

I looked up Wichita State's Eck Stadium, it's nice! They used to have that astroturf infield, but replaced the entire field with fieldturf in 2009.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I believe Hawaii replaced their old astro-turf with field turf as well. And UH's entire field is turf so it's actually very nice and much better than the artificial infield/real grass outfield. That is just bush league imo.

It is also very nice bc the stadium is usually close to full and most games (maybe all) are televised over the entire island. And bc its in Hawaii.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    BTW - Hawaii has the same infield setup
    It's hard to grow grass in Hawaii you didn't know?

Puppy CompleteUnknown84 has turned a few heads around hereCompleteUnknown84 has turned a few heads around here

Tulane and ULL both have artificial grass everywhere except pitcher's mound. Both have great tradition and it looks really good. It is also great for rain.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by CompleteUnknown84 View Post
    Tulane and ULL both have artificial grass everywhere except pitcher's mound. Both have great tradition and it looks really good. It is also great for rain.
    That is much different than atstroturf.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Some guys I play baseball with here in BR have played on or been to the Love Shack, and they had nothing but great things to say about it. A lot of folks really like our field at Tech. One of the big things they mention is the apartments in the outfield, every time. They also knew that Tech really had a longer tradition of baseball or at least had better facilities than LSU way back in the day, but that of course Skip Bertman took LSU to the top and Tech stagnated. There's a good bit of respect here for Tech baseball actually, at least with the guys I know.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Baseball Re: 3/1 UALR game

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Some guys I play baseball with here in BR have played on or been to the Love Shack, and they had nothing but great things to say about it. A lot of folks really like our field at Tech. One of the big things they mention is the apartments in the outfield, every time... There's a good bit of respect here for Tech baseball actually, at least with the guys I know.
    To your point- see the 4:50 and 7:00 marks. Tech's baseball facility is very nice (especially when we are rolling the U of Arkansas).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp19DgNY-5g

I have an Arkansas grad at work who has been to JC Love. He had nothing but good things to say. My coworker really liked the dorms and also the train rolling in the background.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I have an Arkansas grad at work who has been to JC Love. He had nothing but good things to say. My coworker really liked the dorms and also the train rolling in the background.
    The Love Shack is an awesome venue!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

No thread about the game? Get your rally caps on! Down 1-5 6th inning.

+ Reply to Thread