+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Rupp Extension

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

Re: Rupp Extension

DONW Yes I haave moved here pernamently, if anyone comes down give me a call (727)238-8000. Look forward to seing anyone with BBB

Big Dog ANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of light

"The word I’m getting from Tech officials is that they’re evaluating the program. If they do decide to let Rupp go, I think they’ll wait until after the NCAA tournament for financial reasons."

I emailed Ethan Conley of the Monroe News Star and this was his response.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ANODESSEY View Post
    "The word I’m getting from Tech officials is that they’re evaluating the program. If they do decide to let Rupp go, I think they’ll wait until after the NCAA tournament for financial reasons."

I emailed Ethan Conley of the Monroe News Star and this was his response.
    The key date to remember is in mid April when Coach Rupp begins the 5th year of his 5 year contract. It is my understanding that the 5th year buyout will only be $100,000.

HoDo's SPECULATION: I still don't expect to see a buyout with either public or private funds. I expect that no buyout will be paid because of the dire situation expected with state budget cuts. A buyout to a MBB coach will not look good to the general public when other staff positions will be eliminated due to reductions in state funding.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Way to know what you are talking about. Lathan was a player the coaching staff thought was good enough to play here. He just had some character issues and was facing an NCAA suspension which he served at ISU.
    The list of Rupp recruits without character issues may be shorter than the list of those with issues. Combine those failures with academic issues, lack of talent issues, and players failing to show up, and it is obvious that his ability to seek and sign good recruits consistently is lacking. This past season was totally his own. He can't blame Richard for one iota of 2010-2011,

He needs lots of help. How many scholarships does he have? How many players will he dismiss this time to make room for his juco and transfer desperation fixes? Watch and wait!
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 03-15-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    The list of Rupp recruits without character issues may be shorter than the list of those with issues. Combine those failures with academic issues, lack of talent issues, and players failing to show up, and it is obvious that his ability to seek and sign good recruits consistently is lacking. This past season was totally his own. He can't blame Richard for one iota of 2010-2011,

He needs lots of help. How many scholarships does he have? How many players will he dismiss this time to make room for his juco and transfer desperation fixes? Watch and wait!
    I don't get what you are talking about. Lathan was a Richard recruit.
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 03-15-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I don't get what you are talking about. Lathan was a Richard recruit.
    I did not mean to infer that Lathan was a Rupp recruit. I am saying that of the list of Rupp recruits, the list of those without character problems is probably shorter than the list of those with character problems. His recruiting program has been a revolving door since he summarily dismissed the four Richard recruits that were more entertaining to watch than his 2010-2011 team. At least they left it all on the court every time that they played. I don't think that they ever lost by 40 points and only scored 30 in a game.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Rupp was not hired under Dooley...Dooley didn't become AD officially until July 1, 2008. Rupp was hired in April 2007.

And the stupid "wait until the END of the NCAA Tournament" buyout clause is a JOakes special. How about the START of the NCAA Tournament instead.

Big Dog ANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Rupp was not hired under Dooley...Dooley didn't become AD officially until July 1, 2008. Rupp was hired in April 2007.

And the stupid "wait until the END of the NCAA Tournament" buyout clause is a JOakes special. How about the START of the NCAA Tournament instead.
    It looks like you are right. I could have sworn he was hired under DD. It seems like we can't get past the era of the previous administration. All the more reason to let Rupp go this year, so we can officially/completely move on.

+ Reply to Thread