+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WAC Announces Women's Basketball Postseason Honors-WACSports.com

Varsity Bulldog buchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the ears

Re: WAC Announces Women's Basketball Postseason Honors-WACSports.com

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Coach Spoon will never win it from here on out if that is how the WAC selects the Coach of the Year.
    maybe maybe not. you never know. Im not saying Spoon doesnt deserve it im just giving you a reason why they might have picked the USU coach though...

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Raegan Pebley
    2010/11: 16-13 (10-6)
    2009/10: 13-17 (5-11)
    2008/09: 16-15 (9-7)

Coach Weatherspoon
    2010/11: 23-6 (15-1)
    2009/10: 23-9 (10-4)
    2008/09: 21-13 (12-4)*
    *denoted head coach towards end of year
    In 2008-09, Spoon was 8-0 in the WAC and 9-2 overall.

Varsity Bulldog buchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    FWIW I thought Munroe should have been 2nd team instead of Moult.
    The one thing i am confused about is how you can leave Tay off the all defensive team. She is leading the WAC in Steals/game at about 2.9/game.... how does that make any sense?

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by buchananbando5 View Post
    Munro had health issues for a good portion of the year and is coming off the bench. Moult is very good and i think deserves the 2nd team honor. Out of the 5 seniors im going to miss Munro the most though.

I was always impressed with Munro. She can hit the 3, good rebounder, run the floor, strong with some size. Always a threat with her versatility.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by buchananbando5 View Post
    The one thing i am confused about is how you can leave Tay off the all defensive team. She is leading the WAC in Steals/game at about 2.9/game.... how does that make any sense?
    I agree....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

While I agree that such honors as these: all-conference, MVP, coach of the year, etc...are nice, they are usually popularity contests and/or the voters take the easy way out and glance at stats, W-L records and pick the "obvious" choices.

I don't know enough about USU's program, their season, or Pebley to state yay or nay to this choice. However, it does show that the voters did NOT make the "obvious" choice: Spoon.

It might be because when voters look at Tech at 23-6/15-1 they shrug and think big deal! That's what you expect from the Techsters.

Spoon is my COY!

and sense I am so much smarter than all those voters combined, you know who is right.

+ Reply to Thread