+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2012

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Election 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I am curious why you want my opinion. I think that last time I gave it you told me "don't spread that b.s." so why do you care what I think? My opinion hasn't changed any. Here is an interesting comparison of the candidates. I don't know how accurate it is, but it is interesting. I have a problem with Romney and his position on health care and regardless of what you say about it- he is way more alike with obama than any other viable candidate in that area and is for mandated health care. http://psudo.us/sho/GOP.html You say he would not have done his own version, but he will not repeal the crap we have- and no one believe obama could get it though either. The fact that he believes like he does makes him an enemy to conservatives. I like that Santorum is conservative and love his stance on all life being precious. The thing I dislike the most about Santorum is his support of No Child Left Behind. The concept was nice, but it is harmful to education rather than an improvement. People teach to a test and the education has been watered down. I am sure there will be those that disagree with that- and that's fine. I know my daughters don't take Leap tests and are nearly a year ahead of the public school system.
    There's opinion, and there's just blatantly lying. I told you that because you were blatantly lying. And then you do it here again with the healthcare stuff. Romney is a true politician - he only does what his constituency wants him to do. There would be no national Romneycare and he is for repealing it. You're very link states this as true:
    Mitt Romney advocated for a health care mandate for Massechusttes while he was governor, but he opposes a nation-wide system on the basis of states' rights.
    And from his own website
    Repeal and replace President Obama’s health care law
    Mitt Romney believes that Obamacare must be repealed. On his first day in office, he will issue an executive order paving the way for waivers from Obamacare for all 50 states. Subsequently, he will call on Congress to fully repeal Obamacare, and advocate reforms that return power to the states, improve access by slowing health care cost increases, and make health insurance portable and flexible for today’s economy.
    Masschusetts wanted it. For better or worse, they got it. America doesn't want it, and he is against it. So, I will say again, don't spread that bs. It is simply not true; a patently false lie (not an opinion) to say anything otherwise.

Is there anything else tangible for disliking Romney?

But thank you for your opinion on the Santorum question. I figured most conservatives are going to like his extreme social conservative stances. And I agree with you about NCLB. Too bad he supports it.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    There's opinion, and there's just blatantly lying. I told you that because you were blatantly lying. And then you do it here again with the healthcare stuff. Romney is a true politician - he only does what his constituency wants him to do. There would be no national Romneycare and he is for repealing it. You're very link states this as true:
    And from his own website

Masschusetts wanted it. For better or worse, they got it. America doesn't want it, and he is against it. So, I will say again, don't spread that bs. It is simply not true; a patently false lie (not an opinion) to say anything otherwise.

Is there anything else tangible for disliking Romney?

But thank you for your opinion on the Santorum question. I figured most conservatives are going to like his extreme social conservative stances. And I agree with you about NCLB. Too bad he supports it.
    Don't let the facts get in your way on your Romney love there. You might want to research just a little more before you buy into that belief.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Don't let the facts get in your way on your Romney love there. You might want to research just a little more before you buy into that belief.
    Don't let your hate of Romney get in the way of facts. What there doesn't smack you of research???

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Please go back and read where it says "mandated health-care" and see the response- then come back and explain the "if done right". Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't true. I will choose overturn obamacare every single time! Your man will not do that-he supports it whether you believe that or not-and I really don't care what you believe. If you ever find anything where Romney plans to do anything to overturn obamacare I will be happy to pick up this coversation again- but we both know that will not happen.
    Last edited by Cal&Ken; 01-06-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Please go back and read where it says "mandated health-care" and see the response- then come back and explain the "if done right". Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't true. I will choose overturn obamacare every single time! Your man will not do that-he supports it whether you believe that or not.
    I really hate purposeful, chosen stupidity. You are part of the problem of America with it.

Mitt Romney advocated for a health care mandate for Massechusttes while he was governor, but he opposes a nation-wide system on the basis of states' rights.
    That is from your link. From your "mandated health-care" explanation.

From Romney's website.
    Repeal and replace President Obama’s health care law
    Mitt Romney believes that Obamacare must be repealed. On his first day in office, he will issue an executive order paving the way for waivers from Obamacare for all 50 states. Subsequently, he will call on Congress to fully repeal Obamacare, and advocate reforms that return power to the states, improve access by slowing health care cost increases, and make health insurance portable and flexible for today’s economy.
    Again - he has proven he is a true politician, he only does what his constituency wants him to do. There would be no national Romneycare and he is for repealing Obamacare.

The only way he doesn't repeal it is if the belief that because of the new subsidies and regulations, there would be no way to repeal it holds true. It's a bullshit thought, but that goes for EVERY republican nominee, not just Romney.

I haven't decided on who to support yet. I just hate purposeful, chosen stupidity. Don't be like that.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Forgive CK for not taking Romney at his word: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyp2Q...e_gdata_player

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Forgive CK for not taking Romney at his word: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyp2Q...e_gdata_player
    Nope.

Again - he has proven he is a true politician, he only does what his constituency wants him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Ole Romney is amazing. I guess he has one vote on here. I hadn't seen that one yet. There are so many articles out there though. I so hope he is not the candidate!!!!! He can flip and flop all he likes, but he is a terrible candidate!!!!!

Ole Romney is amazing. I guess he has one vote on here. I hadn't seen that one yet. There are so many articles out there though. I so hope he is not the candidate!!!!! He can flip and flop all he likes, but he is a terrible candidate!!!!!
    Based on what exactly? For being a politician? Then why would you want to vote for any of the other remaining candidates?

And no, he does not have my vote yet.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Romney is obummer-light on some issues, and clearly WAAAAAAY better on other issues. Overall...well, was gonna say Romney would make a better prez than obummer, but the same could be said for millions and millions of other people.

However, millions of others aren't running for prez, Romney is. If he gets the GOP nomination, and that is looking likely at this point, many of us will simply have to hold our noses and vote to get the worst prez in history out of there.

BTW, you may have seen this circulating around the Net:

You come home and find that the city sewer has backed up and your house is filling with, ahem, dirty water and waste. Democraps would say, you should raise the ceiling, and keep raising it if necessary. Most of us would seek another solution.

Next November you can vote to raise the ceiling, or vote to pump the crap out.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Romney is obummer-light on some issues, and clearly WAAAAAAY better on other issues. Overall...well, was gonna say Romney would make a better prez than obummer, but the same could be said for millions and millions of other people.

However, millions of others aren't running for prez, Romney is. If he gets the GOP nomination, and that is looking likely at this point, many of us will simply have to hold our noses and vote to get the worst prez in history out of there.

BTW, you may have seen this circulating around the Net:

You come home and find that the city sewer has backed up and your house is filling with, ahem, dirty water and waste. Democraps would say, you should raise the ceiling, and keep raising it if necessary. Most of us would seek another solution.

Next November you can vote to raise the ceiling, or vote to pump the crap out.
    I agree with you on everything except the nomination. He is certainly in the lead, but I don't think you can hand it to him just yet- there is still hope.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

I agree with you on everything except the nomination. He is certainly in the lead, but I don't think you can hand it to him just yet- there is still hope.
    Romney will say anything to get the nomination. What is his vision for the future of America?

At least he thinks global warming is for real.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Romney will say anything to get the nomination. What is his vision for the future of America?
    Probably hope and change.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    Probably hope and change.
    He would do better with "Change is Hopeless."

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    He would do better with "Change is Hopeless."
    Which perfectly summarizes obummer's tenure.

+ Reply to Thread