+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2012

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Re: Election 2012

I was so excited to see what the game plan was going to be, I was really expecting to see alot of information coming forth about how Romney and Ryan are going to get us out of this. I still don't know anymore now than I did going into the convention.
    I know that they feel they can do a better job than what is currently in there but I didn't see one shred of this is how we are going to do it.
    I really thought it was gonna be a throttle of here is where we are with the state of the country and if you look at these charts this is where we are going to get the money and fix this.
    I saw none of that, all that I took away from this convention was that Obama is bad and we need change. Well I kinda figured that out on my own so a little information as to how that change is gonna take place. Where are the figures as to how this is gonna happen.

So now I will be watching the other side bash the Republicans and hear them tell of how Romney and Ryan are awful, I really just wish each side would focus on their own issues and stop trying to make the other side look bad because right now neither side is needing any help with that. The bashing each side is doing just seems to make a person wonder if either side really has a plan of how to fix it.
    Last edited by philgarris; 08-31-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: mispelled

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

As usual, you were (and not alone in) looking for the wrong thing and paid little to no attention to anything.

The amount of leaping and bounding people are going to find a reason to vote for Obama is truly depressing.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    As usual, you were (and not alone in) looking for the wrong thing and paid little to no attention to anything.

The amount of leaping and bounding people are going to find a reason to vote for Obama is truly depressing.
    Please point out the places that I missed him laying out the plans. I thought I watched pretty much all of it and I watched it through Fox and CSPAN where I could make sure not to miss it. I wanted to be completely informed of his EXACT game plan but it wasn't just Romney and Ryan that didn't seem to point out how it was going to be corrected.

Did I miss them explaining how they are going to correct it other than overturning the Obama Care.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I was so excited to see what the game plan was going to be, I was really expecting to see alot of information coming forth about how Romney and Ryan are going to get us out of this. I still don't know anymore now than I did going into the convention.
    I know that they feel they can do a better job than what is currently in there but I didn't see one shred of this is how we are going to do it.
    I really thought it was gonna be a throttle of here is where we are with the state of the country and if you look at these charts this is where we are going to get the money and fix this.
    I saw none of that, all that I took away from this convention was that Obama is bad and we need change. Well I kinda figured that out on my own so a little information as to how that change is gonna take place. Where are the figures as to how this is gonna happen.

So now I will be watching the other side bash the Republicans and hear them tell of how Romney and Ryan are awful, I really just wish each side would focus on their own issues and stop trying to make the other side look bad because right now neither side is needing any help with that. The bashing each side is doing just seems to make a person wonder if either side really has a plan of how to fix it.
    Really? That is what you were expecting? If you watch CNN like I do, you would have expected something much closer to what we got - a showcase of the man - not the plan.

1. Remember - Obama was elected with zero substance and 100% charisma.
    2. What is the most important foundation of persuasive speaking? Establishing rapport with your audience - trust, believability and genuineness. This is where Romney has been suffering for so long. It was absolutely critical that Mitt be presented in a light that allowed other people to relate to him and trust him. Once you establish rapport (which Romney had not previously done) then you can get down to the brass tacks.

When you consider the above 2 points, I would be shocked if we see anything specific before November (and maybe not after the election either).
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Please point out the places that I missed him laying out the plans. I thought I watched pretty much all of it and I watched it through Fox and CSPAN where I could make sure not to miss it. I wanted to be completely informed of his EXACT game plan but it wasn't just Romney and Ryan that didn't seem to point out how it was going to be corrected.

Did I miss them explaining how they are going to correct it other than overturning the Obama Care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Really? That is what you were expecting? If you watch CNN like I do, you would have expected something much closer to what we got - a showcase of the man - not the plan.

1. Remember - Obama was elected with zero substance and 100% charisma.
    2. What is the most important foundation of persuasive speaking? Establishing rapport with your audience - trust, believability and genuineness. This is where Romney has been suffering for so long. It was absolutely critical that Mitt be presented in a light that allowed other people to relate to him and trust him. Once you establish rapport (which Romney had not previously done) then you can get down to the brass tacks.

When you consider the above 2 points, I would be shocked if we see anything specific before November (and maybe not after the election either).

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Romney talks about his 5 Point Plan at every campaign stop (and again last night):

1. Become energy dependent by using our oil, coal, gas, nuclear, and renewables.
    2. Education: school choice
    3. Fair trade. Hold other countries accountable for cheating.
    4. Make a budget and balance it.
    5. Spur small businesses with tax cuts.

For deeper info you can go to mittromney.com

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Romney talks about his 5 Point Plan at every campaign stop (and again last night):

1. Become energy dependent by using our oil, coal, gas, nuclear, and renewables.
    2. Education: school choice
    3. Fair trade. Hold other countries accountable for cheating.
    4. Make a budget and balance it.
    5. Spur small businesses with tax cuts.

For deeper info you can go to mittromney.com
    But you see, Romney didn't go into details! OMG! Why can't you see that?
    /sarcasm

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Obama has details. Bad ones.....

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Yeah, he should have just paid. Wouldn't have got caught and get himself and his buddies fired.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Obama's details are basically the opposite of Romney's:

1. Do not use our resources. Buy from Venezuala so we can be more equal/fair.
    2. Education: No school choice
    3. We need to quit stealing so many resources from other countries. It's OK for them to be unfair to make up for the past.
    4. Budget? What's that?
    5. Raise taxes on businesses... double it for the really successful businesses.

There should be no doubt what this election is about!

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    But you see, Romney didn't go into details! OMG! Why can't you see that?
    /sarcasm
    Well in November we will see if those points are enough for a change.
    I doubt we will see much difference in Charlotte this next week.
    Than more bashing the Republicans

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Romney giving specifics will not play well. Obama will use this to engage in class warfare. If I were running Romney's campaign, the next couple months would be focusing on:

1. Playing up the man - talk about his involvement as a LDS stake president and bishop and how that role involved dealing with people's personal problems, talk about his wife and family, talk about women, repeat over-and-over his version of the Bain story.
    2. Talk about Obama's failure.
    3. Promise jobs - and draw loose connections to freedom and the American Dream (the conservative version).
    4. Whatever you do - do not talk about specifics. When attacked on specifics, repeat 2 and 3 and talk about your qualifications for the job.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Romney giving specifics will not play well. Obama will use this to engage in class warfare. If I were running Romney's campaign, the next couple months would be focusing on:

1. Playing up the man - talk about his involvement as a LDS stake president and bishop and how that role involved dealing with people's personal problems, talk about his wife and family, talk about women, repeat over-and-over his version of the Bain story.
    2. Talk about Obama's failure.
    3. Promise jobs - and draw loose connections to freedom and the American Dream (the conservative version).
    4. Whatever you do - do not talk about specifics. When attacked on specifics, repeat 2 and 3 and talk about your qualifications for the job.
    You make good points, can see why he would not want to go on the specifics if it will do that to him. I am sure after hearing all the garbage slung this last weekend the mountain of garbage that is about to slung back is going to be monumental.

every other speaker will be talking about how romney was pro choice and all of the flip flopping he has done instead of matters concern for keeping the white house.

Paul Ryan hinted at specifics:

"They (Obama administration) have no answer to this simple reality: We need to stop spending money we don't have. Before the math and the momentum overwhelm us all, we are going to solve this nation's economic problems. And I'm going to level with you: We don't have that much time. But if we are serious, and smart, and we lead, we can do this... With tax fairness and regulatory reform, we'll put government back on the side of the men and women who create jobs, and the men and women who need jobs."

I take that as they are going to reform spending programs and cut taxes. They have been clear that Medicare reform is necessary to save it. Social Security needs to be reformed eventually. I don't think they want to touch military spending. I have a pretty good idea what is going to be done. The Democrats are going to flip out too... and I'm not going to watch the news for 4 years.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Paul is right....reform Medicare or lose it. No other options. The Obama plan is to let it fall off a cliff.

+ Reply to Thread