+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Past Purchases by BBB

Puppy guard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the ears

Past Purchases by BBB

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone on here remembers when the tuba covers were new? we are currently trying to purchase new ones and are trying to get them from the same company if we can, but noone seems to remember how they got to us.
    The only info i have from alumnio members is that quang nguyen was the head of the project, but BBB actuall purchased and had the covers manufactured.
    If any one can remember or may know someone who would have any idea about this PLEASE let me know ASAP

Thanks for the help!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Past Purchases by BBB

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guard_dawg View Post
    Hey guys i was wondering if anyone on here remembers when the tuba covers were new? we are currently trying to purchase new ones and are trying to get them from the same company if we can, but noone seems to remember how they got to us.
    The only info i have from alumnio members is that quang nguyen was the head of the project, but BBB actuall purchased and had the covers manufactured.
    If any one can remember or may know someone who would have any idea about this PLEASE let me know ASAP

Thanks for the help!!
    Quang was the head of this? HAHA, would happen to be Quang that told you that? QNG are you out stroking your ego again?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Quang was the head of this? HAHA, would happen to be Quang that told you that? QNG are you out stroking your ego again?
    Nope, I don't know who headed this project. I just know some bbb members did this.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Thanks for the help!!
    I say ditch the old ones and get all blue covers with the state-t, not the latech state-t. You don't need covers that spells "Louisiana Tech". Do something like this below.

Keep it simple like...

Marquette

Wisconsin

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Thanks for the help!!

As former Tuba section leader I'd like to ask what happened to the old ones and why the rush? If DFM doesn't know who made them I can find out.

Puppy guard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the ears

germ we still have the old ones but the tuba line is so mall all we can spell is la tech. and people dont like to take care of things that dont belong to them so some are frayed and dirty. we jut thought idt be a nice change. we were looking at doing tech blue with options to spell different things or get T's and pawprints to alternate when its only a few tubas.

were havent decided fully on what we wanna do yet. waiting on quotes from different companies. we will keep the old ones (of course) and utilize the new ones. this all depends of course on if we get the grant we are applying for. we're also getting all 16 sousas repaired and getting new necks and bits. again. all depends if we get this grant

next on the list..NEW CASES!!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If Robken wants the new tuba covers tell him to get in contact with me -

Regardless of the grant we will get the covers and ya'll can get something else with the grant....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

germ we still have the old ones but the tuba line is so mall all we can spell is la tech. and people dont like to take care of things that dont belong to them so some are frayed and dirty. we jut thought idt be a nice change. we were looking at doing tech blue with options to spell different things or get T's and pawprints to alternate when its only a few tubas.

were havent decided fully on what we wanna do yet. waiting on quotes from different companies. we will keep the old ones (of course) and utilize the new ones. this all depends of course on if we get the grant we are applying for. we're also getting all 16 sousas repaired and getting new necks and bits. again. all depends if we get this grant

next on the list..NEW CASES!!!
    New cases already?!? Those things were brand new in 01-02, I realize that's 10 years ago now but those things should last longer than that; I think ya'll should look into getting Pelican Cases (http://www.pelican.com/). If you're not familiar they're the same cases that the military use

I would suggest no pawprints, Lady Techsters are not dawgs, and if all they can spell is "la tech" do State-T T E C H State-T

And I understand the whole people not taking care of things not there's but the Section Leader should be held responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    New cases already?!? Those things were brand new in 01-02, I realize that's 10 years ago now but those things should last longer than that; I think ya'll should look into getting Pelican Cases (http://www.pelican.com/). If you're not familiar they're the same cases that the military use

I would suggest no pawprints, Lady Techsters are not dawgs, and if all they can spell is "la tech" do State-T T E C H State-T

And I understand the whole people not taking care of things not there's but the Section Leader should be held responsible.
    Yeah those cases were heavy duty. It's like the same kind of cases touring musicians uses. They were way better than those flimsy plastic ones Tech had.

I agree no pawprints. Just order a whole bunch of State-T's and maybe like you suggested, the spellout TECH (with the new font).

the cases are on there last leg. people think they are seats and have bent them by plopping their fat butts on them. i think almost all of the wheels are gone. hell some of the wheel casings have been torn off. it takes some wqork to get them to close and some of the latches dont even work.

jrob had the idea of doing all pawprints. what we had in mind was about 19-22 covers so we could spell different things

BULLDOGS (and an AW so it can be BULLDAWGS) GO TECH and a couple of state T's . maybe a bulldog head. we didnt discuss it cause none of us really care for the "new" design. and mayeb just an LA so we dont ever have to spell out louisiana ever again. you can see the versatility we are trying to get with the new ones.
    we can use the old ones if we ever get a line of 16 again and we can use the new ones for smaller lines, ground breakings, hooptroop, traveling, parades etc

thing is the grant is due friday so were trying to get everything settled ASAP.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

the cases are on there last leg. people think they are seats and have bent them by plopping their fat butts on them. i think almost all of the wheels are gone. hell some of the wheel casings have been torn off. it takes some wqork to get them to close and some of the latches dont even work.

jrob had the idea of doing all pawprints. what we had in mind was about 19-22 covers so we could spell different things

BULLDOGS (and an AW so it can be BULLDAWGS) GO TECH and a couple of state T's . maybe a bulldog head. we didnt discuss it cause none of us really care for the "new" design. and mayeb just an LA so we dont ever have to spell out louisiana ever again. you can see the versatility we are trying to get with the new ones.
    we can use the old ones if we ever get a line of 16 again and we can use the new ones for smaller lines, ground breakings, hooptroop, traveling, parades etc

Nothing like waiting till the last minute, huh?

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Paw prints are not an official logo for Tech. The official logos are listed here except for the Lady Techsters logo. Help promote OUR university by using the correct logos. If the maker of the tuba covers is a licensed vendor, then they should have or they can get the logos from CLC.

I hope you guys do not go with "paw prints". It's not part of Tech's approved logos. Honestly, there will be a lot of fans/alumns who will be like "WTF, paw prints?". You're gonna get a lot of backlash. Just warning you.

My suggestion is to stay away from spell outs. What if you lose a letter? Then you're pretty much screwed and it would cost a lot to make a whole bunch of backup letters. Keep it simple. Just order a whole bunch of State-T logos.

lol yeah. we've actually been working on it for a few weeks but no one seemed to know where the heck the covers had come from. we have quotes from different companies but we want the sewn on covers just like the old ones. most of these companies offered screen printed covers.

+ Reply to Thread