+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Past Purchases by BBB

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Re: Past Purchases by BBB

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I hope you guys do not go with "paw prints". It's not part of Tech's approved logos. Honestly, there will be a lot of fans/alumns who will be like "WTF, paw prints?". You're gonna get a lot of backlash. Just warning you.

My suggestion is to stay away from spell outs. What if you lose a letter? Then you're pretty much screwed and it would cost a lot to make a whole bunch of backup letters. Keep it simple. Just order a whole bunch of State-T logos.
    I'd suggest three different designs, at most, and no letters. The covers should be the state-T logo, bulldog logo, and Lady Techsters logo. The logos could be alternated. Or just get the state-T logo and have it on every tuba.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I would suggest no pawprints, Lady Techsters are not dawgs, and if all they can spell is "la tech" do State-T T E C H State-T

While I agree that the State-T logo, the new Bulldog head, just letters, or maybe even the shoulder/endzone stripes are all better than pawprints, the Lady Techsters are Bulldogs. If you're a Louisiana Tech student, you're a Bulldog (just like we're all "Techsters" whether we are on the women's b-ball team or not). Their team isn't called the Bulldogs, but I don't think it would be the end of the world for them to have Bulldog related tuba covers at their games (whether pawprints or logos).

I think State-T logos are best for fillers, my second choice would be the new Bulldog head (not that anyone asked).

Puppy guard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the earsguard_dawg seems to have something between the ears

My suggestion is to stay away from spell outs. What if you lose a letter? Then you're pretty much screwed and it would cost a lot to make a whole bunch of backup letters. Keep it simple. Just order a whole bunch of State-T logos.

we've had the old letters since 2003 and all of them are still accounted for. we havent lost anything. they are in their case until they get used and are collected immediately after the game by the section leaders.

and the only reason the paws got brought up is because jrob liked em

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Stick with officially recoginzed signage....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    I'd suggest three different designs, at most, and no letters. The covers should be the state-T logo, bulldog logo, and Lady Techsters logo. The logos could be alternated. Or just get the state-T logo and have it on every tuba.

YES! Please.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I say ditch the old ones and get all blue covers with the state-t, not the latech state-t. You don't need covers that spells "Louisiana Tech". Do something like this below.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    If Robken wants the new tuba covers tell him to get in contact with me -

Regardless of the grant we will get the covers and ya'll can get something else with the grant....

Good gawd. Why do you band types make things so hard?

The blue cover blend with the blue band unis, but red ones matching the helmet scheme would really stand out at basketball games.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Good gawd. Why do you band types make things so hard?

The blue cover blend with the blue band unis, but red ones matching the helmet scheme would really stand out at basketball games.
    I like that. Let's make it happen. Dawgpix has good taste.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Listen to them. State T. No paw prints.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Can Trombone sleeves be next?? I like seeing those...

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Can Trombone sleeves be next?? I like seeing those...
    Me too, but only for basketball pep bands. It would suck to play with them on during a windy day.

They are pretty easy to make. Get some fabric, sew on some Velcro, add some vinyl iron on letters (cheapest route). If you want to go fancy, get it screen printed.

How about this Doc?

Last edited by qng001; 03-09-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Nice!!

Bulldog lillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nice

Just to clear any confusion. We started a new organization on campus Tau Upsilon Beta Alpha or just simply TUBA. I'm co-founder and President and we want to make some much needed changes esp with the covers. Now, I agree with the whole spelling out thing I am not much of a fan of that myself and I been in Tech Band now since '04. With that being said we don't want to completely abandon it either. What I was thinking is to get blue ones like some have suggested with mostly all logos. State T's and bulldogs etc. I really like that idea of lady Techsters logo for hoop troop. We will look into that as well. I was also thinking about getting some for trombones not sure what just yet but that was also in the works. We hear what you all are saying and we value your input. We will be working on this over the next week and hopefully i can post photos of what we will be getting.

Thanks for your input,
    President

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lillojo318 View Post
    Just to clear any confusion. We started a new organization on campus Tau Upsilon Beta Alpha or just simply TUBA. I'm co-founder and President and we want to make some much needed changes esp with the covers. Now, I agree with the whole spelling out thing I am not much of a fan of that myself and I been in Tech Band now since '04. With that being said we don't want to completely abandon it either. What I was thinking is to get blue ones like some have suggested with mostly all logos. State T's and bulldogs etc. I really like that idea of lady Techsters logo for hoop troop. We will look into that as well. I was also thinking about getting some for trombones not sure what just yet but that was also in the works. We hear what you all are saying and we value your input. We will be working on this over the next week and hopefully i can post photos of what we will be getting.

Thanks for your input,
    President
    You don't understand . . . you're supposed to value our money not our input. Don't tie too many strings.

BTW--Do you get a medical redshirt to be band eligible all those years?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lillojo318 View Post

Thanks for your input,
    President
    Wait TUBA's have a president? From my experience voting was just too complicated for our section!

That's cool ya'll made an organization, kinda sad too, cause K-Psi used to fill those support gaps in the band and I know they've gone downhill since '05. Saw their's a guard org too now

Bulldog lillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nice

I have noticed the decline as well. We had to do something things just weren't getting done.

+ Reply to Thread