+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Largest Earthquake in Japanese History

Hey Inudesu, is everyone you know in Japan okay after the quake? So far I guess half of my people have reported back, so I'm still waiting. I actually wanted to live in Sendai, but thank God I don't right now. I don't really have anyone in the northeast, thankfully, but the ones in Tokyo are dealing with a lot of crap right now. I haven't heard from my best friend in Osaka, but I'm sure he's totally fine, 'cause there shouldn't be any damage there obviously. An odd thing is that I'm actually interviewing with a Japanese company for a job right now, though it's in Covington.

8.9 earthquake near Sendai, Miyagi-ken today folks... This is like one of the mega-quakes experts talk about, and would have annihilated a HUGE swath in North America. It's amazing how good the infrastructure is in Japan, but even their infrastructure gets screwed by this big of a quake and ESPECIALLY the tsunami, my goodness! 33 foot tsunami ain't nothin' to play with! This saddens my day a good bit... I recognize places in some of the pics and videos I see, and I am not wanting to find out just how many people end up dead from this... Pray for Japan.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Re: Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan

Echo. I know. Admin can y'all combined the threads.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Some of the most amazing photos I have ever seen. Prayers go out to Nippon.

Another quake just hit about 10 minutes ago. 6.2 this time.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Most of my Japanese friends are in the Kansai area. I know of a missionary family in Sendai, but I've heard that they are ok (I don't know them well, but they were there when I was there).

This is a bad deal. If there is any country who can best respond to something like this, it's Japan - but it's still going to be pretty bad. I've toured the Earthquake research center/Hanshin earthquake musuem several times and I know they have lots of diaster relief planning for this kind of thing.

Be praying for Japan. There is going to be a high death toll, a huge number of people displaced and injured, and a long rebuilding process to go through.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's probably selfish as hell, but it's one thing to see Indonesia or Chile get hit... It's another when you see a place you have a personal connection to, get ravaged like this. It's Katrina #2 in a way for me, though the destruction is probably much worse. We'll see now that it's daybreak in Japan. I actually was wanting to move to Sendai, but thank God I haven't yet. Still waiting to hear from some folks in Tokyo. I'm not worried about the friends in Kansai. I heard there was another 7.2 in Nagano-ken a little while ago, but I don't think it was too bad.

Thinking about all the quakes I felt in Japan, I'm very fortunate that none of them were like this one. When a big one starts, you just don't know if it'll stop after a couple seconds or if it'll keep going, so it can be pretty scary at times. Pray really hard for Japan... Let's hope the death toll isn't too high...

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

There are reports on CNN now that a nuclear meltdown is taking place in one of the reactors, doesn't look good. One the experts said the salt water they're pumping in is a last resort.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Upgraded to a 9.0 earthquake, tieing it for 4th most powerful.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

The before and after pictures are incredible. I never realized how the earthquake scale works. A 9.0 is 32 times more powerful than a 8.0. If the guy explaining it was correct then that is almost unbelieveable.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

More pics. I cannot even begin to imagine what those folks are going through.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...survivors.html

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

It's interesting how the Japanese react to a catastrophic event vs Americans. I haven't heard of any looting and shootings from the news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15YKFhK0c5Q

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

They probably need a seminar given by 9th ward or Watts.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post

Those pictures are nuts!

By the way, AT&T and Verizon are allowing free calls to Japan from the USA for the rest of March, as well as text messages. AT&T is also making the 24-hour television network, TV-Japan available for free to U-Verse customers for the rest of March.

+ Reply to Thread