+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kim and Barmore comments

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: Kim and Barmore comments

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    It is my understanding that she would have been at Tech if DR had agreed to a 5 yr. deal. We have a great coach in Spoon, who is as good or better than Kim. What we lost was the years in between. This is much like the lost years of football. We the alumns should not let either happen again.

I don't think that Spoon, and I love her to death, will ever be as good or better than Kim for the simple reason that Leon groomed Kim for so many years, preparing her to take over when he left. She has the major advantage of all those years of learning from one of the best all time coaches in the history of the game. That is what we lost, more than anything, when DR let her slip from our grasp. The Lady Techsters would have never missed a beat if he had been smart enough to keep her, and just think, Leon would probably be back on the sidelines in the TAC. :bigcry:

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    I don't think that Spoon, and I love her to death, will ever be as good or better than Kim for the simple reason that Leon groomed Kim for so many years, preparing her to take over when he left. She has the major advantage of all those years of learning from one of the best all time coaches in the history of the game. That is what we lost, more than anything, when DR let her slip from our grasp. The Lady Techsters would have never missed a beat if he had been smart enough to keep her, and just think, Leon would probably be back on the sidelines in the TAC. :bigcry:
    I think Spoon is, actually, the better coach. Kim got some great recruits to start out - including a couple of ours. She is a great coach, but Spoon started from scratch and is building us something without the B12 advantage. Spoon coaches up. I am glad we have Spoon. Anyone that witnessed the turn-around mid season when Spoon took over, should see what a difference maker she is. We have an awesome coach! Glad Leon kept it classy.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Exactly! I want Spoon to finish her career here.
    ?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I KNOW none of you want me to chime in on the pigtails saga....

So, unless provoked .... I won't.

My coach is Spoon. I don't know any other WBB coaches that I give a rat's ass about. Like him or not, Geno A. is a good coach. Pat S. is an icon. And there are many others, some famous, some not so famous, that can coach. But, I only care about Spoon. I only wish success, God-speed, and good luck to Spoon.

The rest can pizz in a can....

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

I wish the best to Kim and Leon and until Spoon wins a championship I would never say that she is better than Kim.

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

The only thing that ultimately counts in life is our relationships - first, and foremost, with Christ, and then with those He has placed in our lives. In this continuing saga I see a deep and unhealed bitterness that will continue to bring emtional and personal ruin, and that is a grief to me. Basketball trophies are not "friends" - they do not care about us, do not visit us when we are in need and we cannot take them with us when we die. It is sad that years of relationship would be replaced with resentment. When we harbor such in our souls, we are the ones who are ultimately harmed, no matter what else may be "achieved".

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

If should would have not worn that Blue Outfit to rub it in our faces I would think differently. Still today she take jabs at TECH!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

wait, wait, wait, I got this one........dead horse right???? Let it go guys. Kim was great for us then and she is great for us now. Every time she is on TV they refer back to her days at TECH. They show footage of the old school jerseys and everything. Her success is our success. Our program made her what she is. Our program will get back there now that we have a coach who grew up in the same locker room. Love where we are and where we are headed!!

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Baylor wins the B12 championship by 3 points. A&M almost pulled off the buzzer beating three pointer to put it in ot.

Kim comments on National TV (paraphrased due to memory loss :icon_wink: I love having Coach Barmore here so he can have all the perks that La. Tech wouldn't give back in the day.

Barmore comments on National TV right after that (again paraphrased): I am so proud of Kim, but I am here for Kim, Gary Blair, and Teresa Weatherspoon at Louisiana Tech and the game of WBB.

Thank you, Coach Barmore!

Kim will hold this grudge to the day she dies. Forget all the good that she experienced at Tech - the packed Memorial Gym and TAC, the National Championships, the Final Fours, the support from the community. I am not saying who was right or wrong, but she needs to let this go. I think she is supportive of Spoon - by comments I have heard, so that is good. I just hate that it has to be a lifelong grudge for Tech, our fans, and her.
    The truth is what it is about what she said about Leon and what she has been able to do for him that Tech never did and couldn't. Leon is making far more as an assistant at Baylor than he ever made as the head coach at Tech.

I do not believe that Kim holds any grudge for Tech nor the fans. I am certain that she has a very bitter taste in her mouth for Dan Reneau and Jim Oakes. They screwed up, not the fans. I think the success of Kim, Blair and Mickey DeMoss have continued to bring recognition to the Lady Techster program. There are others that escape me for the moment.

Any way that you try to analyze Kim's departure from Tech, it turned out great for her and not so good for Tech. She taught Reneau a lesson apparently because since her departure, every Lady Techster coach has been given a longer term contract than she was offered.

Perhaps, Champion110, you too would do well to just let it go.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

It would just be classier if she had said "couldn't" instead of "wouldn't. Since it is paraphrased maybe she did.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    It is my understanding that she would have been at Tech if DR had agreed to a 5 yr. deal. We have a great coach in Spoon, who is as good or better than Kim. What we lost was the years in between. This is much like the lost years of football. We the alumns should not let either happen again.
    Dream on my friend. Mulkey paid her dues as an assistant coach for 17 years. She then went to Baylor and in 5 years turned a loser into a national champion. Spoon has a total of 3 years of college coaching experience. The lack of experience at times becomes extremely evident. For Spoon, it has definitely been on the job training due to no fault of her own. She was suddenly thrust into the position. She is improving each year, but she is definitely a work in progress.

If and when she achieves enough success to attract an offer comparable to what Baylor offered Kim, please try to refrain from turning on her too providing she accepts it.. If she leaves Tech, it will be because she is no dummy. It is just what coaches do to improve their lot in life.

Guest student0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I actually wish Kim nothing but good things. She did everything in her power to make us good while she was at TECH. I think it is almost comical the grudge that she has against TECH though. She surely has excelled financially to a level that would not have been achieved, she has succeeded at a school that supported her financially where TECH could not, and seems to have what many could only dream about. Obviously all of her success has not made her happy.
    Happy people are not filled with hatred, they have let that go

Who are you to know what is happiness? Obama is your President.....remember?

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by student0003 View Post
    ?
    Who dis is? What that is he be talkin bout?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    The truth is what it is about what she said about Leon and what she has been able to do for him that Tech never did and couldn't. Leon is making far more as an assistant at Baylor than he ever made as the head coach at Tech.

I do not believe that Kim holds any grudge for Tech nor the fans. I am certain that she has a very bitter taste in her mouth for Dan Reneau and Jim Oakes. They screwed up, not the fans. I think the success of Kim, Blair and Mickey DeMoss have continued to bring recognition to the Lady Techster program. There are others that escape me for the moment.

Any way that you try to analyze Kim's departure from Tech, it turned out great for her and not so good for Tech. She taught Reneau a lesson apparently because since her departure, every Lady Techster coach has been given a longer term contract than she was offered.

Perhaps, Champion110, you too would do well to just let it go.
    I have wished the best for Kim. I don't even hold a grudge. Glad we have who we have as coach now. I just don't like cuts on National TV. I know Kim doesn't hold a grudge toward the fans. Let's just let it go. The dead horse is right. I just don't like the horse to keep coming back to life when they hand her a mic. I love what she did for Tech while she was here. She is gone now. Maybe I should not have posted what I did, but it just irritated me. Leon did a classy job.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Will y'all still wish her the best when she is coaching LSU in a few years? I have a feeling that is where she will end up

+ Reply to Thread