+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kim and Barmore comments

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Kim and Barmore comments

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Will y'all still wish her the best when she is coaching LSU in a few years? I have a feeling that is where she will end up
    I wish good things for all TECH people. Now, when you go to the dark side I will wish you personal success and lots of losses.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

She sure hasn't aged well

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post

I bet she wants to murder whoever took that picture. That should be cause for a lawsuit!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post

Ruff....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Dream on my friend. Mulkey paid her dues as an assistant coach for 17 years. She then went to Baylor and in 5 years turned a loser into a national champion. Spoon has a total of 3 years of college coaching experience. The lack of experience at times becomes extremely evident. For Spoon, it has definitely been on the job training due to no fault of her own. She was suddenly thrust into the position. She is improving each year, but she is definitely a work in progress.

If and when she achieves enough success to attract an offer comparable to what Baylor offered Kim, please try to refrain from turning on her too providing she accepts it.. If she leaves Tech, it will be because she is no dummy. It is just what coaches do to improve their lot in life.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but not the: "If she leaves Tech, it will be because she is no dummy." comment. It almost implies that she would have to be a dummy to stay. Leon certainly wasn't a dummy for staying all of those years when he could have made more money elsewhere.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Dream on my friend. Mulkey paid her dues as an assistant coach for 17 years. She then went to Baylor and in 5 years turned a loser into a national champion. Spoon has a total of 3 years of college coaching experience. The lack of experience at times becomes extremely evident. For Spoon, it has definitely been on the job training due to no fault of her own. She was suddenly thrust into the position. She is improving each year, but she is definitely a work in progress.

If and when she achieves enough success to attract an offer comparable to what Baylor offered Kim, please try to refrain from turning on her too providing she accepts it.. If she leaves Tech, it will be because she is no dummy. It is just what coaches do to improve their lot in life.

Well said. But I don't think Kim would have been looking to leave once she moved into the top position. Kind of like Leon. There is a lot more to life than just money. Spoon might also feel the same way, once she gets up and running, because she has a fanatical love for Louisiana Tech just like the BB&B'ers.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The truth is what it is about what she said about Leon and what she has been able to do for him that Tech never did and couldn't. Leon is making far more as an assistant at Baylor than he ever made as the head coach at Tech.

I do not believe that Kim holds any grudge for Tech nor the fans. I am certain that she has a very bitter taste in her mouth for Dan Reneau and Jim Oakes. They screwed up, not the fans. I think the success of Kim, Blair and Mickey DeMoss have continued to bring recognition to the Lady Techster program. There are others that escape me for the moment.

Any way that you try to analyze Kim's departure from Tech, it turned out great for her and not so good for Tech. She taught Reneau a lesson apparently because since her departure, every Lady Techster coach has been given a longer term contract than she was offered.

Perhaps, Champion110, you too would do well to just let it go.
    GREAT post! Absolutely perfect.

HD

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    wait, wait, wait, I got this one........dead horse right???? Let it go guys. Kim was great for us then and she is great for us now. Every time she is on TV they refer back to her days at TECH. They show footage of the old school jerseys and everything. Her success is our success. Our program made her what she is. Our program will get back there now that we have a coach who grew up in the same locker room. Love where we are and where we are headed!!
    Good Post

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you are saying but not the: "If she leaves Tech, it will be because she is no dummy." comment. It almost implies that she would have to be a dummy to stay. Leon certainly wasn't a dummy for staying all of those years when he could have made more money elsewhere.
    Your post makes absolutely NO SENSE, especially since Barmore retired early and moved to Baylor just to make a few bucks. Today he's trying to make up for lost time financially.

When Leon was coaching the Lady Techsters, the "big money" hadn't really arrived in womens college basketball yet. Now it has. Mulkey herself makes $1 Million a year. Gail Goestenkors of Texas makes about the same. So, don't kid yourself, it will be much tougher for T-Spoon to resist the temptation of today's big bucks than it was for Leon in his day. When Leon was coaching, the salaries were all below 100K. Even Leon himself would have trouble resisting a $1 Million salary today.

HD

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Your post makes absolutely NO SENSE, especially since Barmore retired early and moved to Baylor just to make a few bucks. Today he's trying to make up for lost time financially.

When Leon was coaching the Lady Techsters, the "big money" hadn't really arrived in womens college basketball yet. Now it has. Mulkey herself makes $1 Million a year. Gail Goestenkors of Texas makes about the same. So, don't kid yourself, it will be much tougher for T-Spoon to resist the temptation of today's big bucks than it was for Leon in his day. When Leon was coaching, the salaries were all below 100K. Even Leon himself would have trouble resisting a $1 Million salary today.

HD
    I don't believe that at all. I think Leon could have gotten a raise and chose not to because he was happy here. I agree that the amount of the raise is different now but if you think he couldn't have had his pick of jobs you are smoking something. Besides you are missing the entire point of the post which is to say sometimes people stay and take less mess money when they are happy. Spoon isn't a "dummy" if he she goes that route. Different things make different people happy.

I don't believe that at all. I think Leon could have gotten a raise and chose not to because he was happy here. I agree that the amount of the raise is different now but if you think he couldn't have had his pick of jobs you are smoking something. Besides you are missing the entire point of the post which is to say sometimes people stay and take less mess money when they are happy. Spoon isn't a "dummy" if he she goes that route. Different things make different people happy.
    You're missing the point. Nobody said Leon couldn't have had his pick of jobs. But it was MUCH easier to turn down the LSU job paying $70,000 per year than it would be to turn down the LSU job paying $1 Million per year.

HD

You're missing the point. Nobody said Leon couldn't have had his pick of jobs. But it was MUCH easier to turn down the LSU job paying $70,000 per year than it would be to turn down the LSU job paying $1 Million per year.

HD
    No you are responding to MY posts and YOU are missing the point. The point is Spoon isn't a dummy for staying at Tech if offered more money elswhere as was implied in the original post. This other crap that you are bringing up is splitting hairs and has nothing to do with what I was posting about.

No you are responding to MY posts and YOU are missing the point. The point is Spoon isn't a dummy for staying at Tech if offered more money elswhere as was implied in the original post. This other crap that you are bringing up is splitting hairs and has nothing to do with what I was posting about.
    No, you were responding to Sharkey's post, and I was responding to yours. You were using Barmore as an example of someone choosing loyalty (to stay at Tech) over dollars....yet there the man sits in Waco drawing a bigger salary off Baylor than he ever made at LA Tech.

If we don't pay Spoon a VERY competitive salary, she might in fact be a dummy if she has a $1 Million offer and doesn't take it....regardless of whether you think so or not. Don't make the same mistake Oakes and Reneau did, and try to rely on a coaches "loyalty". They tried it with Mulky, and failed.

HD

No, you were responding to Sharkey's post, and I was responding to yours. You were using Barmore as an example of someone choosing loyalty (to stay at Tech) over dollars....yet there the man sits in Waco drawing a bigger salary off Baylor than he ever made at LA Tech.

If we don't pay Spoon a VERY competitive salary, she might in fact be a dummy if she has a $1 Million offer and doesn't take it....regardless of whether you think so or not. Don't make the same mistake Oakes and Reneau did, and try to rely on a coaches "loyalty". They tried it with Mulky, and failed.

HD
    #1 Barmore was retired. He didn't leave Tech to go to Baylor. He simply went to Baylor. Whether he needed the money or not isn't relevant as he wasn't our head basketball coach at the time he left.

#2 You are reading into something that simply isn't there and preaching to the choir. I have never implied we shouldn't take care of Spoon and pay her a competitive salary. I am not stupid though. Even if we give all that we can, and pull out all of the stops we have there WILL be more money elsewhere. And again, she isn't stupid for turning it down if she loves Tech and wants to be here.

#3 I can't believe I am getting into this with you in the WBB forum. I would rather watch paint dry than watch WBB.

#1 Barmore was retired. He didn't leave Tech to go to Baylor. He simply went to Baylor. Whether he needed the money or not isn't relevant as he wasn't our head basketball coach at the time he left.

#2 You are reading into something that simply isn't there and preaching to the choir. I have never implied we shouldn't take care of Spoon and pay her a competitive salary. I am not stupid though. Even if we give all that we can, and pull out all of the stops we have there WILL be more money elsewhere. And again, she isn't stupid for turning it down if she loves Tech and wants to be here.

#3 I can't believe I am getting into this with you in the WBB forum. I would rather watch paint dry than watch WBB.
    Are you kidding? Women's basketball is fun. And what the hell.......it's certainly beats watching our MEN's team!!!

HD

+ Reply to Thread