+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NCAA First Round vs. Rutgers

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

Re: NCAA First Round vs. Rutgers

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Do we really not have a zone offense?
    We did. I shouldn't have said "surprised", that was stupid. We prepared for both. All I meant to say was that was tactically the key reason we lost imo. Not sure if anyone noticed but they actually went to a M2M briefly and we started scoring on it. Then they switched back and shut us down again.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

While I was at the Tech-Rutgers game last night, I noticed someone on the front row of the press box (in front of Section 107) browsing through BB&B on his laptop. I don't know who it was though. I just thought it was interesting.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    1. While there is so much we don't know about next year's players, I feel optimistic.
    2. Anderson should be improved. I believe defense is probably what is limited her playing time this year. Personally, I thought she looked like she could play when she got the chance.
    3. Shantale has some talent and should be more consistent.
    1. That makes one of us!! We lose a TON of production in this years class.
    2. I don't know about this either. Considering we were going up against Dikembe Mutombo and we didn't even sniff the court until 2 minutes left in the game. Kinda tells me that the coaching staff things that she's not very good. Hope I'm wrong.
    3. She may be able to start in place of AJ, but I don't think that she'll have near the production. Especially since she is 2-3 inches shorter

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

From that to this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    From that to this:
    That side was where the A&M and Rutgers fans were. Do you have a good shot showing the other side? That's where most of the Tech fans were.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    1. That makes one of us!! We lose a TON of production in this years class.
    2. I don't know about this either. Considering we were going up against Dikembe Mutombo and we didn't even sniff the court until 2 minutes left in the game. Kinda tells me that the coaching staff things that she's not very good. Hope I'm wrong.
    3. She may be able to start in place of AJ, but I don't think that she'll have near the production. Especially since she is 2-3 inches shorter
    1. Agree.
    2. Agree. She should have been given more PT throughout the year because she was the only true post player on the roster.
    3. I agree, but Shantale and Adrienne both started the year listed at 6-0.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

That side was where the A&M and Rutgers fans were. Do you have a good shot showing the other side? That's where most of the Tech fans were.
    All my shots are good shots.:icon_wink::icon_wink:
    This is a good shot cuz it does not show the empty endzone to the right. This is taken 5 mins left in the half of the Tech game and both sides were about even. That baseline though was just about empty.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Well, I realize nothing is certain, but we usually lose production whenever a senior moves on. And players usually get better from year to year. There are a lot of unknowns, but I am counting on that growth along with the influx of more size and talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    All my shots are good shots.:icon_wink::icon_wink:
    This is a good shot cuz it does not show the empty endzone to the right. This is taken 5 mins left in the half of the Tech game and both sides were about even. That baseline though was just about empty.
    Ok, thanks. I just never got a good look at the other side because that's were I was sitting. Apparently none of the other photographers got a full shot of the other side either. I was kinda disappointed in Tech's crowd because we had more fans at the Fresno State game. There was a decent contingent of A&M, McNeese, and Rutgers fans who watched our game. Our admin didn't do much to promote this game up. They went all out for Fresno, and Matt Lange did some nice stuff for the 1000 wins. However, we did next to nothing to promote last night's game, one of the biggest Tech events of the decade. I'm still pissed we missed a golden opportunity for a Saturday night pep rally at the boardwalk.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

http://www.latechsports.com/sp.../032011aaa.html

It was a great season for our Lady Techsters but they had a tough outing against Rutgers. It's sad to see the season end but at least we've made two straight NCAA tournaments and that is something to build off of for the future. I'll miss Adrienne Johnson and Tarkeisha Wysinger-Mackey but the future looks bright.

I won't be around as much during the off season since it's slow with basketball news and no games, but I'll be back in the fall ready to go for another exciting season of Lady Techster hoops.

Thanks to the seniors for all their hardwork on getting Lady Techster basketball back to respectability and into the national spotlight. I'm sure we're here to stay and hopefully can get back into the Top 25 and near the top of WBB once again or at least two some Final Fours here and there.

GO Lady Techsters!!!

+ Reply to Thread