+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Women's Bracket Chair McNeil Responds to 'Why Was Tech Seeded Higher Than WAC Champs?

Big Dog Longdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to all

Women's Bracket Chair McNeil Responds to 'Why Was Tech Seeded Higher Than WAC Champs?

NCAA Division I Women's Basketball committee chair Marilyn McNeil was asked "What factors led to Louisiana Tech getting a higher seed than WAC champion Fresno State, and also how Fresno State ended up with its seed, its highest ever?" at a post-announcment media conference.

She basically said, "you study what these teams have done over the whole entire season" but you can read the full response -- the second among the full list of questions on the NCAA web site. See "McNeil addresses selecting 2011 field" at http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...ing-2011-field and also have links to both a printable bracket and an interactive bracket.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Women's Bracket Chair McNeil Responds to 'Why Was Tech Seeded Higher Than WAC Cha

In addition, she should have said that Tech beat Fresno twice in the regular season and that Tech won the outright WAC Championship. Fresno just won the tournament.

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Women's Bracket Chair McNeil Responds to 'Why Was Tech Seeded Higher Than WAC Cha

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    In addition, she should have said that Tech beat Fresno twice in the regular season and that Tech won the outright WAC Championship. Fresno just won the tournament.
    I wonder if they actually know that, I mean I know they discussed some things but without mentioning things like that, it seems like they were pretty confident of slotting us in there (as they didn't need to discuss us).

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Aussierules1985 View Post
    I wonder if they actually know that, I mean I know they discussed some things but without mentioning things like that, it seems like they were pretty confident of slotting us in there (as they didn't need to discuss us).
    Yep - predetermined my guess due to the fact Bossier was hosting and that they (the Techsters) were one of the last if not the last at-large chosen....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

how about our RPI rating as well!
    It wouldn't have bothered me if Fresno would have gotten a 16 seed!

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Yep - predetermined my guess due to the fact Bossier was hosting and that they (the Techsters) were one of the last if not the last at-large chosen....
    Pretty sure that Texas and MT were the last two chosen Dwayne. Our RPI would have gotten us in even if we weren't hosting if Middle Tennessee got in.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Pretty sure that Texas and MT were the last two chosen Dwayne. Our RPI would have gotten us in even if we weren't hosting if Middle Tennessee got in.
    According to all the news reports - the Techsters were one of the last team's chosen...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    According to all the news reports - the Techsters were one of the last team's chosen...
    Doubtful, we were last over MT and Texas. An rpi of 29 will almost ALWAYS get you in. Take away the hosting and Spoon's name and we still would have probably got in. News reports are opinions these days. Rarely do you see real facts.

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

Not sure why this is even an issue. We each had practically the same record yet Tech had a harder schedule and won the head-to-head series.

/thread

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Food for thought:

I received email notice of my Bossier City photo credentials within minutes of the completion of the WAC Tourney finals.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Food for thought:

I received email notice of my Bossier City photo credentials within minutes of the completion of the WAC Tourney finals.

:icon_wink::icon_wink::icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread