+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SI Article

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

SI Article

Although it is mostly about Baylor, at least Tech got in the picture playing them from last year. Interesting choice for a picture.

Adrienne is mentioned on down as the "best player you have never heard of"

and

later in the article, it states that Rutgers has a tough first round against us.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...gional.primer/

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: SI Article

Good press for Adrienne! We've definitely heard of her!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Good press for Adrienne! We've definitely heard of her!
    Every team we have played this year has DEFINITELY heard of her. Rutgers will soon know her well.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Every team we have played this year has DEFINITELY heard of her. Rutgers will soon know her well.
    Andy Landers still has nightmares about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Andy Landers still has nightmares about her.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

If this was said already, sorry, and I wasn't sure where to put this, but a thread about a news article seemed to be an ok place.

I'm late reading The Times and The News-Star today, but since y'all complain about their coverage of Tech sports, The News-Star's main heading on the front page (1A) was "Lady Techsters snag bid" along with a colored pic of the team at Reneau's. Then half the front page of the sports section had color pics and write-up about the Techsters going dancing.

The Times had a color pic of a Techster with the title "Techsters land NCAA bid" on page 1S, so on the first page of the sports is a big headline, colored pic and write-up of the team.

Anyway, if you hadn't seen that, thought y'all would be glad to know they both actually had good coverage for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    If this was said already, sorry, and I wasn't sure where to put this, but a thread about a news article seemed to be an ok place.

I'm late reading The Times and The News-Star today, but since y'all complain about their coverage of Tech sports, The News-Star's main heading on the front page (1A) was "Lady Techsters snag bid" along with a colored pic of the team at Reneau's. Then half the front page of the sports section had color pics and write-up about the Techsters going dancing.

The Times had a color pic of a Techster with the title "Techsters land NCAA bid" on page 1S, so on the first page of the sports is a big headline, colored pic and write-up of the team.

Anyway, if you hadn't seen that, thought y'all would be glad to know they both actually had good coverage for a change.
    The Shreveport Times: Techsters land NCAA bid

The Monroe News-Star: Time to dance

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

The Star Ledger (New Jersey): Rutgers women get tough draw in NCAA Tournament: Louisiana Tech in Shreveport

The article consists of Stringer from Rutgers complaining about their draw in the tournament. The comments are about the same I've seen in other Rutgers articles over the past 24 hours.

"I mean LA Tech - what, two busloads of students may show up at the game for the Techsters givng them a home edge in an empty arena?"

"These folks are from Ruston, LA--and I have been there...small town atmosphere, beans and rice country...a little cajun music whistles in the wind, etc. The conference they're in allows them to see a vast sampling of settings--I bet 'easy rider' is a term which they can well relate to."

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, Dawg06, for adding the links to those articles. Didn't cross my mind to add them or just put them on there alone until after I had hit submit and logged out. I was too lazy to go back and add them.

+ Reply to Thread