+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lady Techsters Pep Rally

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Lady Techsters Pep Rally

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Is there a link to a write up about the pep rally and details of it anywhere? I've looked and can't seem to find it. If so, can someone post the link? All I know about a pep rally is from this thread.
    why do you need a link? All you need to know is here on bbb.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Bruce said that the problem is the Hoop Troop and many of our fans and alumni won't be in Shreveport-Bossier until Sunday. He said he didn't think the hotel was the best place to hold the pep rally either, but it's against NCAA rules to hold a pep rally at the arena on gameday.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Is there a link to a write up about the pep rally and details of it anywhere? I've looked and can't seem to find it. If so, can someone post the link? All I know about a pep rally is from this thread.
    The alumni association posted it on facebook.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Bruce said that the problem is the Hoop Troop and many of our fans and alumni won't be in Shreveport-Bossier until Sunday. He said he didn't think the hotel was the best place to hold the pep rally either, but it's against NCAA rules to hold a pep rally at the arena on gameday.

And here is why things never change - Shreveport / Bossier has the largest number of alumni living there and aren't we trying to cultivate new fans for Tech? Who cares that the Ruston area fan base won't be in Bossier on Saturday if I am putting on an event for the local community and to promote game atmosphere for an NCAA tournament? What an opportunity to make an impression on Shreveport / Bossier that Tech is worth supporting!!!

Bottom line - no one wants to do anything different, once again. But hey, we expect different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    And here is why things never change - Shreveport / Bossier has the largest number of alumni living there and aren't we trying to cultivate new fans for Tech? Who cares that the Ruston area fan base won't be in Bossier on Saturday if I am putting on an event for the local community and to promote game atmosphere for an NCAA tournament? What an opportunity to make an impression on Shreveport / Bossier that Tech is worth supporting!!!

Bottom line - no one wants to do anything different, once again. But hey, we expect different results.
    I think they'd be surprised about how many fans and alumni will be in Shreveport on Saturday night. I'm sure we have over 10,000 alumni who live in Shreveport-Bossier. How hard is it to put the Hoop Troop on the Tech bus and drive them over for the evening? It's like we just look for excuses. I think the real reason we aren't having the pep rally on Saturday is because the admin doesn't want to drive down and back from Ruston to Bossier on Saturday and Sunday...

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    why do you need a link? All you need to know is here on bbb.
    So true. However, I find it odd that it hasn't been in a newspaper anywhere yet, or did I miss it? I see someone posted it was on facebook, and that's well and good, but I would think there might be some people who aren't on facebook (ahem, me.....) or are the casual fan in Shreveport who wouldn't see or look at the alumni facebook page???

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

So true. However, I find it odd that it hasn't been in a newspaper anywhere yet, or did I miss it? I see someone posted it was on facebook, and that's well and good, but I would think there might be some people who aren't on facebook (ahem, me.....) or are the casual fan in Shreveport who wouldn't see or look at the alumni facebook page???
    This is not your typical pep rally. This is where the fans gather to acknowledge / cheer the team as they come through the hotel lobby to board the bus. I have been to these at tournament sites and they tend to be no more than a few minutes in length. I was at Vegas for the WAC tournament and had heard through the grapevine to be at the hotel exit leading to the arena at 10:45 AM for a pep rally. Walked up at about 10:42 and was told they had already passed through - again not much to this type rally and is why you won't see much, if any public promotion.

We really need a pep rally at the Boardwalk where the public is made aware that Tech is in town for this "big event"!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Techster View Post
    Can someone maybe just send an email to direct the organizers to this thread?
    No need... they know what's posted on the open board within minutes. Seriously.... TECH admin stalks this board pretty bad and rarely uses any information posted here for their own benefit; nor do they have better ideas! Kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    This is not your typical pep rally. This is where the fans gather to acknowledge / cheer the team as they come through the hotel lobby to board the bus. I have been to these at tournament sites and they tend to be no more than a few minutes in length. I was at Vegas for the WAC tournament and had heard through the grapevine to be at the hotel exit leading to the arena at 10:45 AM for a pep rally. Walked up at about 10:42 and was told they had already passed through - again not much to this type rally and is why you won't see much, if any public promotion.

We really need a pep rally at the Boardwalk where the public is made aware that Tech is in town for this "big event"!
    If we had the pep rally at the boardwalk on Saturday night, I betcha KTBS 3's Fletch or Spoon would broadcast live from the boardwalk...

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

IRRELEVANT!!!!!!!!!!

We're asking for it to be at the BOARDWALK!!!! That's about 8 miles away from CTel center.

Some of the best pep rallies I've attended at tournaments are where the participating school's bands, spirit groups, and fans in a prominent public place. Gets news coverage and shows the locals that a noteable event is happening in their community. Creates a friendly "battle of the bands" event in addition to the eventual game. After all, this is not just another game!

Texas A&M's alumni association is hosting a tailgate outside the CenturyTel Center on Sunday afternoon...

LA Tech's alumni association is hosting a crawfish boil on Saturday afternoon.... in HOUSTON, TEXAS!!!

We have known about this for an entire YEAR!!

I don't know if we are dumb or just lazy... or both!

Spoon and the Lady Techsters deserve better than this!

Texas A&M's alumni association is hosting a tailgate outside the CenturyTel Center on Sunday afternoon...

LA Tech's alumni association is hosting a crawfish boil on Saturday afternoon.... in HOUSTON, TEXAS!!!

We have known about this for an entire YEAR!!

I don't know if we are dumb or just lazy... or both!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

This is my plan I would have done...

I would give the Regal Blues, Cheerleaders, Hoop Troop some meal money and let them have a little fun at the Boardwalk before the pep rally. Then 30 min prior the rally, I would have them march down the trolly road at the Boardwalk and end at the lawn by the Cheesecake factory. There they'll perform a couple cheers/songs/alma mater. Also, prior to the event we could sell spirit gear (shirts, hats, flags, etc). Hell, we could have admission set up a booth to sign some kids up for school.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    This is my plan I would have done...

I would give the Regal Blues, Cheerleaders, Hoop Troop some meal money and let them have a little fun at the Boardwalk before the pep rally. Then 30 min prior the rally, I would have them march down the trolly road at the Boardwalk and end at the lawn by the Cheesecake factory. There they'll perform a couple cheers/songs/alma mater. Also, prior to the event we could sell spirit gear (shirts, hats, flags, etc). Hell, we could have admission set up a booth to sign some kids up for school.
    All that sounds nice.... Of course I don't guess that you would have scheduled a Crawfish Bowl on top of an even that you are HOSTING 1 hour away from campus.

I REALLY wish that I would have put 2 and 2 together at the luncheon the other day...

+ Reply to Thread