+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Art at new McAlister's

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Art at new McAlister's

I was thrilled to get the call a couple of weeks ago from the McAlister's folks wanting photos of Tech life . . . photos they had seen on www.latechsportspix.com .

How happy I was today to see the results. Aerial shot of The Joe, Giant Tech flag waved at last year's football season, students standing with "hands up" and, separately, a sepia print of Tech '88's new location prior to the Navy game.

enjoy

I'm very plea$ed with the re$ult!:icon_wink:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Art at new McAlister's

And for those who haven't been to ptomaine tolliver after its rebirth.
    Enjoy.

PS-Of course it was on the weekend -- Saturday lunch -- so the other eat shops were closed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

You need to get a picture of the line of 50 people deep. It's crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg33 View Post
    You need to get a picture of the line of 50 people deep. It's crazy!
    You think I went by there to eat??

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Oh, my, how things have changed since 1972!!! These kids these days would die if Toliver were like it was then.

So what are the business hours (especially the times for the public to go) for McAllister's if/when I should try to eat there?? Of course, I'll wait til the crowd dies down, it if does. Maybe this summer sometime.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Nice work DP ..... on all of it.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

You got to be kidding me!!!! Snapdawg, Sweendawg, coachdawg, how about these digs??? Dang, I remember when Dr. T brought in Picadilly to manage Toliver in 1963, that was a great change, but THIS is over the top (I think). Is the food good??

Varsity Bulldog Cactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really nice Cactus Rob's Avatar

Looks like I went to Tech a bit too soon and graduated before Toliver became more than just a post office downstairs!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Oh, my, how things have changed since 1972!!! These kids these days would die if Toliver were like it was then.

So what are the business hours (especially the times for the public to go) for McAllister's if/when I should try to eat there?? Of course, I'll wait til the crowd dies down, it if does. Maybe this summer sometime.
    I thought Toliver back in the early 70's was great. Ruston didn't get the Burger King till around 72 I believe and Griff's was about it for fast food. Toliver made a mean chili dog and the soups were good. I never made it over there in the morning.:icon_wink:
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I thought Toliver back in the early 70's was great. Ruston didn't get the Burger King till around 72 I believe and Griff's was about it for fast food. Toliver made a mean chili dog and the soups were good. I never made it over there in the morning.:icon_wink:

I thought it was great, too! Great place for breakfast and lunch, and the location was convenient. You should have made it over for breakfast. The doughnuts would have made a lifetime memory for you. They turned the downstairs into a coffee house type place, I think in '72. (Maybe '71) Sang there one night with my little folk trio.
    Last edited by BuzDawg73; 03-21-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Too bad their service isnt as good as their art

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Too bad their service isnt as good as their art
    Ouch!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Sad to see Tortilla Fresca go. I loved their quesadillas.

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Oh, the memories. I still have cravings for a good ole Griff's burger. Joke as we may but don't tell me all of you don't have the same cravings now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Twister View Post
    Oh, the memories. I still have cravings for a good ole Griff's burger. Joke as we may but don't tell me all of you don't have the same cravings now and then.
    Ed & Mary's

+ Reply to Thread