+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Art at new McAlister's

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

Re: Art at new McAlister's

I ate at McAlister's Yesterday for lunch after church. There was no line to speak of and it seems that they have almost everything on the menu that a normal McAlister's does. They do need to work on the employee's knowledge of the menue though. I ordered a smokey pepper jack turkey panini and the girl had no idea what it was, but I guess this will come with time.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Oh, my, how things have changed since 1972!!! These kids these days would die if Toliver were like it was then.

So what are the business hours (especially the times for the public to go) for McAllister's if/when I should try to eat there?? Of course, I'll wait til the crowd dies down, it if does. Maybe this summer sometime.
    I believe I was told 10:30am-10pm during the week, and 11am-6pm on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Too bad their service isnt as good as their art
    Service was good when I went Friday. I ordered and had my food in less that 10 mins at lunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by westdawg View Post
    I ate at McAlister's Yesterday for lunch after church. There was no line to speak of and it seems that they have almost everything on the menu that a normal McAlister's does. They do need to work on the employee's knowledge of the menue though. I ordered a smokey pepper jack turkey panini and the girl had no idea what it was, but I guess this will come with time.
    They are still learning but 2 weeks ago the kitchen was being finished. I don't think the had any private opening like a lot of restaurants do to give the staff training.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    I thought it was great, too! Great place for breakfast and lunch, and the location was convenient. You should have made it over for breakfast. The doughnuts would have made a lifetime memory for you. They turned the downstairs into a coffee shop type place, I think in '72. (Maybe '71) Sang there one night with my little folk trio.
    Hmmm, we must have gone to two different Tolivers? If the doughnuts you speak of are what I remember, then yuk. :icon_wink: I remember the baked? or doughy? kind--not the kind like Daylight Donuts or SouthernMaid. Anyway, they made me gag. But, of course, food early in the morning as I was always nervous about a test, did not make for a good breakfast experience. I remember breakfasts at Wilson were really good the few times I could get there or was forced there that early by friends. And I don't remember other food at Toliver than their sandwiches, which weren't anything special to me. But it was convenient to hop over from Harper, I'll give it that much.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Oh, and thanks, firedog, for the open hours.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by westdawg View Post
    There is no panini on the menu, I think they call it a grilled sandwich. We looked for a while before we figured out that they changed the name at Tech.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Sad to see Tortilla Fresca go. I loved their quesadillas.
    +1. I tried their fajitas a couple of times too and they were pretty good as well.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Those look like Aramark employees. One of those ladies has been around since the late 90's.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Hmmm, we must have gone to two different Tolivers? If the doughnuts you speak of are what I remember, then yuk. :icon_wink: I remember the baked? or doughy? kind--not the kind like Daylight Donuts or SouthernMaid. Anyway, they made me gag. But, of course, food early in the morning as I was always nervous about a test, did not make for a good breakfast experience. I remember breakfasts at Wilson were really good the few times I could get there or was forced there that early by friends. And I don't remember other food at Toliver than their sandwiches, which weren't anything special to me. But it was convenient to hop over from Harper, I'll give it that much.

Well, you just proved my point. If you ever ate one of those horrible doughnuts, you would never forget it.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

College campus dining isn't great, but I made it gourmet by bringing my own bottle of Tony's and Sriracha in my bookbag. Both are good on everything. Tony's on the fries with some Sriracha ketchup, it's f-ing great.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you just proved my point. If you ever ate one of those horrible doughnuts, you would never forget it.
    Come on Buz. One donut would fill you up or you could use them as door stops. Heck they weighed a pound each. But I ate um anyway. Tolliver also had a great jukebox too.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

My favorite breakfast combo at the cafeteria, well after a night of partying...

The Cheesy egg grits

1. Ask for a bowl of grits
    2. Tell them to put eggs on top
    3. Go to the salad bar, add cheese.
    4. Mix and add salt/pepper

Oh, my bad. I thought you meant you loved them.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    My favorite breakfast combo at the cafeteria, well after a night of partying...

The Cheesy egg grits

1. Ask for a bowl of grits
    2. Tell them to put eggs on top
    3. Go to the salad bar, add cheese.
    4. Mix and add salt/pepper

Ewww. Gross. I think I would rather eat the doughnut!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

My favorite breakfast thing was the Sausage Egg and Tomato Sandwich from the Student Center.

Ewww. Gross. I think I would rather eat the doughnut!
    Don't hate, it's awesome.

+ Reply to Thread