+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Art at new McAlister's

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Re: Art at new McAlister's

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Tolliver also had a great jukebox too.
    Definately a fond memory. I do remember someone really linking "Brick House"!

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    My favorite breakfast thing was the Sausage Egg and Tomato Sandwich from the Student Center.
    Bacon & fried egg sandwhich w/fries for me!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Twister View Post
    Oh, the memories. I still have cravings for a good ole Griff's burger. Joke as we may but don't tell me all of you don't have the same cravings now and then.
    Yes I had a few Giants in my day and occasionally crave one. I stayed away from the double cheese burgers though. As for breakfast I occasionally went to Wilson to get some of those powdered eggs. You never ate those eggs if you had a test that morning due to the needed rush to the bathroom. Most mornings I just skipped breakfast as I usually stayed up late studying or playing basketball over at the old women's gym. You know, the one with the floor that sagged, dead spots, and bails of hay used for the archery classes.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Yes I had a few Giants in my day and occasionally crave one. I stayed away from the double cheese burgers though. As for breakfast I occasionally went to Wilson to get some of those powdered eggs. You never ate those eggs if you had a test that morning due to the needed rush to the bathroom. Most mornings I just skipped breakfast as I usually stayed up late studying or playing basketball over at the old women's gym. You know, the one with the floor that sagged, dead spots, and bails of hay used for the archery classes.
    It never ceased to amaze me in my 7:30am archery class, how I could completely miss the target, the bails of hay, and send that arrow directly into the wooden posts, causing it to bounce back to me. I was very talented.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Those look like Aramark employees. One of those ladies has been around since the late 90's.
    The lady on the left is Miss Lisa, and she's been very rude to students since probably the late 90's, too.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The lady on the left is Miss Lisa, and she's been very rude to students since probably the late 90's, too.
    She always gave me extra fries, you got to know how to sweet talk the lunch ladies :icon_wink:

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    So what's happened to the old gym? Loved my badminton and recreational sports PE classes there. :icon_wink: What do they use it for now? Has it been fixed up?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    So what's happened to the old gym? Loved my badminton and recreational sports PE classes there. :icon_wink: What do they use it for now? Has it been fixed up?
    I haven't got a clue. The place had a lot of character even though it was run down. You could just see a basketball game being played there in the 1930's with fans on all four rows of seats. I had some great pickup games in there back in the early 70's. Some young lady showed up one night and kicked our butts all over the floor. That was before the women's BB team was formed.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    She always gave me extra fries, you got to know how to sweet talk the lunch ladies :icon_wink:
    Miss Lisa is not a lunch lady. She's the Tolliver Hall Food Court Manager. Let's just say she treats black students differently from other students.

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

That gym was torn down years ago

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darbonnedawg View Post
    Can't remember, did we call it the Men's Old Gym or Old Men's Gym??
    Louisiana Tech University

Varsity Bulldog larhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of light

AFTER A NIGHT AT THE ZODIAC DISCO OR THE ELECTRIC CIRCUS, it was on to Griffs for a gaint cheese, fries and a coke. Dam what memories. If you had a date, it was heaven.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by larhob View Post
    AFTER A NIGHT AT THE ZODIAC DISCO OR THE ELECTRIC CIRCUS, it was on to Griffs for a gaint cheese, fries and a coke. Dam what memories. If you had a date, it was heaven.
    IF you had a date...

You are forgetting The Dynasty from your days. If you ended up at The Red Dog you had probably struck out before 12:00.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Darbonnedawg View Post
    Am I thinking of another gym than y'all? I'm talking about the one between Pearce and Adams dorms. Maybe it was called the old women's gym and not what you're talking about? If it was torn down, I haven't noticed. If it's another gym, then where was the one that was torn down?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Don't hate, it's awesome.
    +1.

That does sound like a pretty triumphant breakfast.

+ Reply to Thread