+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Black!? you gotta be kidding me

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Black!? you gotta be kidding me

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    You know, I let this quote from "shock jock" Imus go once or twice on the board this weekend. But it is getting ridiculous now. You are starting to look like a racist.
    If you want to talk about racists, be sure not to leave out Obama, the most public racist in this country.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    I might not go quite that far, but the Tech team playing tonight is much closer to the one that struggled against Southern than the one that won at Fresno State.

This effort has to be viewed as a major setback to Tech ever becoming nationally relevant in women's basketball ever again. An opportunity this good won't come around again for years if ever.

Spoon is still 1 to two years from the team being hers. She still needs a class or two to be really relevant. To me the most disappointing thing about the game tonight was the lack of cheering/noise from the fans. 6000 Tech fans (barely any noise) vs 200 Rutgers fans making alot of noise. The Hoop Troop could also be heard all over the arena. We all make jokes about TX A&M & cheer practice but we sure need it. That really was disappointing. Took away the home court advantage.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

You know, I let this quote from "shock jock" Imus go once or twice on the board this weekend. But it is getting ridiculous now. You are starting to look like a racist.
    I'm starting to look like a racist? Get a life. I've never used that quote on this board in my life other than on this thread. Obviously some other people used it. I think it's funny. Get over it.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Hate the black uniforms. Nothing about them says La Tech. We are still not a very good basketball team. But the fans around us made a lot of noise and the roar when we scored drowned out the few hundred Rutgers fans, until the game got out of hand. Wish I could say wait until next year, but not sure I can.

Puppy LT30 has turned a few heads around hereLT30 has turned a few heads around here

I totally agree about the black uniforms. They are so ugly. Black is NOT a Tech color! Have they been wearing the black on the road all year? Definitely not the Tech I know and love!!

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Spoon is still 1 to two years from the team being hers. She still needs a class or two to be really relevant. To me the most disappointing thing about the game tonight was the lack of cheering/noise from the fans. 6000 Tech fans (barely any noise) vs 200 Rutgers fans making alot of noise. The Hoop Troop could also be heard all over the arena. We all make jokes about TX A&M & cheer practice but we sure need it. That really was disappointing. Took away the home court advantage.
    What happened at the game that was worth cheering for? Oh yeah, the hoop troop...Jump on it jump on it. Well, that's what the 4 people I brought to their first used to be nationally renowned Lady Techsters game said. Another missed opportunity to grab some new fans!!

Guest student0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguirt23 View Post
    You're 17 posts in 7 months really pull a lot weight around here.

17 posts or 1 post........he's correct.

Guest student0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    What happened at the game that was worth cheering for? Oh yeah, the hoop troop...Jump on it jump on it. Well, that's what the 4 people I brought to their first used to be nationally renowned Lady Techsters game said. Another missed opportunity to grab some new fans!!

I totally agree. We looked too much like McNeese in the game earlier. The Techster program is holding on by a thread and once it goes, Tech will officially be a cupcake in EVERY sport.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Good Tech crowd. Just nothing to cheer about.

We had awesome seats! Mid-court, about halfway up. Couldn't have hand-picked better seats. So the good news is, we could see the game very well. The bad news is, we could see the game very well....

Never in it. Out-classed, out-coached, over-matched.

Didn't help that we got ZERO points and output from TK and Whitney Jones. TK cuz she couldn't play, and Jones who fouled out with no points. Little wonder we got hammered.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    Hate the black uniforms. Nothing about them says La Tech. We are still not a very good basketball team. But the fans around us made a lot of noise and the roar when we scored drowned out the few hundred Rutgers fans, until the game got out of hand. Wish I could say wait until next year, but not sure I can.

I hate the black unis, but hated the outcome of the game much more. It was funny, we ran into 2 older couples after the game and they could say enough how much they hated the unis as well.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by student0003 View Post
    17 posts or 1 post........he's correct.
    You are so right. Quantity of posts never equates to quality of posts.

I hate the black uniforms too because they do not televise very good. It is impossible to see the numbers without a closeup shot. They are just not LA TECH.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

There is a post in another thread saying that we were quicker and more athletic. That's the biggest rumor since the "Dewey beats Truman" headline in 1948. They were bigger, quicker, faster, more athletic and better shooters.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    There is a post in another thread saying that we were quicker and more athletic. That's the biggest rumor since the "Dewey beats Truman" headline in 1948. They were bigger, quicker, faster, more athletic and better shooters.

Yep, that's what I saw too. A different level, Rutgers was very very good and should compete with A & M.

Love the Techsters, ready for next year, but please, our black unis have gotta go.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

Since win does a sponsor get to determine school colors? The L.S.U. football team is a walking billboard,but they are smart enough to keep their own colors.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Rutgers was very good. They had more height and the best defence I have seen by a women's team. Moved very well throughout the game on offence. They were better than we are. We did not play as good as we were capable of because they were good enough to keep us off balance for most of the game. And they aren't even close to the best team in the Big East. Just shows how far the game has come and the talent level in todays game. Spoon is moving us up in talent and height. We will be a force in a couple of years.

+ Reply to Thread