+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congratulations on a great Year Techsters!

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Congratulations on a great year Techsters!

Thanks for all the effort and hard work you gave this year, Lady Techsters!!!
    Good luck with your future to all our senior players - you will be missed!

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Re: Congratulations on a great Year Techsters!

http://www.latechsports.com/sp.../032011aaa.html

I'm sad the season is over but it is what it is. Wish Wysinger-Mackey could have played in the NCAA tournament but hopefully she'll get a chance to play in the WNBA or overseas. I'm sure T-Spoon won't leave La Tech until we are a Sweet 16 regular and FINAL FOUR contender but that's just my two cents. We gotta get some BIG girls to get over the top and near the top of WBB and I know we will get those young ladies.

Thanks to the seniors for all their hardwork on getting Lady Techster basketball back to respectability and into the national spotlight. I'm sure we're here to stay and hopefully can get back into the Top 25 and near the top of WBB once again or at least two some Final Fours here and there.

GO Lady Techsters!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Good year! Now go out and get some 6' 5" 180 lb Bertha Butt types for down low and let's win a NC!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Good year! Now go out and get some 6' 5" 180 lb Bertha Butt types for down low and let's win a NC!
    180 lbs will get pushed around- better go for 220.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Been off here for a while, but kept up with the end of the season success and the post-season collapse. IMO, the Techsters did a great job of standing strong in the conference, and even with the loss in the tourney final I still thought there was improvement over last season which is a good sign.

I agree with much of what is being said on this board: If the Techsters do not play quality programs during the season that prep them for national play and not just regional play, they will not be prepared for the post-season tourney. Won't happen. Again IMO, I'm excited about Spoon's energy and enthusiasm, but still have reservations about some of her choices when it comes to plays and players. She is still learning, and I'd rather see her in charge and learning than someone with no ties to the program who brings years of coaching experience.

I personally did not think the Techsters had a chance against Rutgers. Yes, I read posts on here that said it was definitely a winnable game. Never did I think for one minute that the Techster team I saw play this season would be able to hold their own against Rutgers. The Techsters are climbing back into relevance, but have a very long way to go before being consistently competitive against top programs. Seeing the program become competitive again is my hope. Going beyond that would be icing on the cake.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    180 lbs will get pushed around- better go for 220.
    Ahh.......make that Betha Buttress types then.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I knew Rutgers would be a tough out. I am not delusional. But, I expected us to compete. We were completely over-matched. That is disappointing.

Georgia has advanced into the Sweet 16. We beat UGA. Can't tell me that this Techster team didn't have some of what it takes to compete on the national level.

Rutgers had size....they had 2 battleships and 2 heavy cruisers vs. our ONE cruiser (AJ) and frigates! That is a mismatch. I expected to see the Techsters "extend" the game over 90 feet. To use our one asset, speed, and generate some chaos! We had NO CHANCE in a halfcourt game. Of course, TK and Whitney Jones would be key in such a tactic. Didn't have TK, and WJ had an awful game.

+ Reply to Thread