+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to 2011-2012

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Looking to 2011-2012

I have said it all along. You can't win with just guards. We got outrebounded by freaking Nevada this year. Not only do we need some 6'3 or 6'4 centers but we clearly need Leon back who knows how to teach them to post up and be effective. Tavarsha Anderson would have never sat the bench if Leon were coach. The five guard system we are playing might win in the WAC but nothing more. The one time I watched Anderson play she actually looked good and intimidating. It is ashamed we didn't use her more. Obviously Tspoon can coach the hell out of these guards but she definitely first needs to recruit some size and secondly get an assistant that knows how to coach them. Tspoon was a great guard but she had alot of help with Tori Harrison and Erica Westbrooks dominating the paint. She was not a scoring machine as much as she was an assist master.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Some on this board still believe that the Techsters will again reach the pinnacle of women's NCAA basketball as was done in the past. I am not one of those. The odds against a mid-major doing it are so astronomical as to be almost impossible. Possible, maybe, but probable--one of us will win the Powerball first.

My goals for our program are to win the conference, win the conference tournament, and do not get embarrassed in the NCAA tournament. We have not achieved all of these in a while.

The way that the Techsters and Fresno were defeated in the NCAA did not speak well for the WAC. With the exit of Boise, Fresno, Nevada and perhaps Hawaii, the statue of the WAC will decline. Especially when these programs are being replaced with the likes of Texas State, UTSA (both Southland Conf.) and Denver (Sunbelt, the conf. many here love to hate).

Following the realignment of the WAC, and if the Techsters achieve both of my first two goals, unfortunately they will likely never be seeded higher than the 10 they got this year. The lower the seed the higher the opponent which makes a NCAA tournament victory even more difficult (also makes it difficult to avoid embarrassment too).

I am puzzled as to why the three new additions to the WAC joined the WAC. The star power of the WAC has been decimated. The teams that garnered bowl dollars for the WAC teams to share are gone or will be shortly.

I wonder if Tech were one of the three new members, at this point in time, would we accept the invite or stay where we were. What would be in it for Tech to join the WAC now? It would have to be considerably less than it was in year 2000.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I agree- the schedule did not get us beat- size and superior skill beat us. Their big girls aren't just big, they are skilled. We MUST get BIGGER or it will not matter who we play, we will never compete at the level fans want.
    • There are sometime you have to say agree to disagree, we will not beat the Rutgers of the world on a consistent basis when they are playing the UCONN, Depaul, West Virginia, Tennessee, Dukes and Texas A&M.
    • We are preparing for them with the likes of of Southern, Southern Miss, UALR, Arkansas State.
    • Those teams are not gonna put put the same type pressure on us as the teams. I know it is hard to understand why those teams can't get us ready for them but they can't.
    • I agree with the size but the size isnt all that hurt us they were faster, more alert and agressive and that is because they play the teams like UCONN, Depaul, West Virginia, Tennessee, Marquette, Duke and Texas A&M. (Teams that bring pressure)
    • We played LSU, Marquette, Georgia, Miss. State and Houston, we need to keep those teams but continue to add the others that are gonna make us really get down to defending and operating against pressure.
    • But common sense basically says we can't compete with those teams playing the teams that we are playing but again common sense gets mad at some people at times and stops talking to them.
    • Common Sense also showed us that we weren't ready for the pressure when they blitz us 76-51.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    The way that the Techsters and Fresno were defeated in the NCAA did not speak well for the WAC. With the exit of Boise, Fresno, Nevada and perhaps Hawaii, the statue of the WAC will decline. Especially when these programs are being replaced with the likes of Texas State, UTSA (both Southland Conf.) and Denver (Sunbelt, the conf. many here love to hate).

Following the realignment of the WAC, and if the Techsters achieve both of my first two goals, unfortunately they will likely never be seeded higher than the 10 they got this year. The lower the seed the higher the opponent which makes a NCAA tournament victory even more difficult (also makes it difficult to avoid embarrassment too).

I am puzzled as to why the three new additions to the WAC joined the WAC. The star power of the WAC has been decimated. The teams that garnered bowl dollars for the WAC teams to share are gone or will be shortly.

I wonder if Tech were one of the three new members, at this point in time, would we accept the invite or stay where we were. What would be in it for Tech to join the WAC now? It would have to be considerably less than it was in year 2000.
    The WAC gave Texas State and UTSA the opportunity to play FBS football, and it gave Denver the opportunity to get out of the Belt.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    This. We need BIG girls. Our 5-9 and 6-0 "posts" are the same height as these other teams' guards.
    We need those BIG girls to get to La Tech. Even if we get some country girls who get overlooked by the BCS schools, we need them. I don't care if their HS or JUCO hehe.

We will always have guards but it's the inside people that will help us get to the next level.

+ Reply to Thread