+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I think we should have a band thread . .

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I think we should have a band thread . .

From the LA TECH athletics Facebook page, a quote I, personally, find fittng for the Tech Hoop Troop and Regal Blues:
    Hoop Troop was awesome at the game. Texas A&M people sitting around us said that Tech "sure knows how to entertain the fans with their danceline and band!" Way to represent!!!!

Now . . . if a fan from a highly established fan/spirit/support cult like aTm can make that kind of comment, our bands are doing some good.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Re: I think we should have a band thread . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    From the LA TECH athletics Facebook page, a quote I, personally, find fittng for the Tech Hoop Troop and Regal Blues:
    Hoop Troop was awesome at the game. Texas A&M people sitting around us said that Tech "sure knows how to entertain the fans with their danceline and band!" Way to represent!!!!

Now . . . if a fan from a highly established fan/spirit/support cult like aTm can make that kind of comment, our bands are doing some good.
    +1000

And they did in jeans too!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Bump . . .

I knew the words Band and Doing Good wouldn't be a very popular thread. . . .
    Louisiana Tech University

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Bump . . .

I knew the words Band and Doing Good wouldn't be a very popular thread. . . .
    Not many people congratulate them on a good job. Most only come out when they are tired of complaining about other things.

And I did say "most" not "all".

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Our band has funding troubles like crazy, but still manages to be filled with excellent musicians. They're always the folks with the most school spirit in the crowd. You can't even really bash their recent VERY lackluster halftime marches, because again, they are lacking places to practice and whatnot. Given all the obstacles they have, those students do a fantastic job, and are horribly underappreciated.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I've said it in another thread and I will say it here. The Hoop Troop is built to be an NCAA tournament band. Its a shame that both the Dawgs and the Techsters haven't gotten them to the dance enough over the past couple of years.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Our band has funding troubles like crazy, but still manages to be filled with excellent musicians. They're always the folks with the most school spirit in the crowd. You can't even really bash their recent VERY lackluster halftime marches, because again, they are lacking places to practice and whatnot. Given all the obstacles they have, those students do a fantastic job, and are horribly underappreciated.
    +100

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Yea... they're ok.

:icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread