+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baseball. Bulldogs Drop Alcorn State, 5-1

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Baseball. Bulldogs Drop Alcorn State, 5-1

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Caleb Dudley allowed just one hit in his first career start on the mound and Louisiana Tech scored five runs on 10 hits to knock off Alcorn State, 5-1, Tuesday night at J.C. Love Field.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baseball. Bulldogs Drop Alcorn State, 5-1

By comparison, USL beat Alcorn State 12-1 and Tulane beat them 12-0.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Come on LFR, you know that you can't compare games like that. That's like comparing ULL's win over LSU (11-5) with Florida's wins over that same LSU team (1-0, 5-4 & 7-3). A win is a win particularly in baseball.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

By comparison, Alabama also beat them one of the games 5-1.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

You should understand the point of my post. If you don't, then I'm not the dope around here.

Varsity Bulldog Cactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really nice Cactus Rob's Avatar

Now these are the kinds of teams that Tech can beat and get their wins from.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

DUMBEST POST EVER..... you cannot compare teams in this fashion. By your theory, the following holds true... University of Michigan played the New York Mets to a 4-4 draw in Spring training, meaning that Michigan is the same as the Mets. Considering that the Mets will probably win at least 40 games this year, and at least one of the teams that they will beat will beat whoever is World Series Champion, then the University of Michigan should be World Series Champions, because they are just as good.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I got to watch the last 6 1/2 innings - we don't have the look of a very confident team right now....

Maybe with last night's win and if we can get a win in tonite's game and then have a good series against UTPA they can start putting the pieces back together and have a decent season -

Like I said, they just played tight last nite
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I got to watch the last 6 1/2 innings - we don't have the look of a very confident team right now....

Maybe with last night's win and if we can get a win in tonite's game and then have a good series against UTPA they can start putting the pieces back together and have a decent season -

Like I said, they just played tight last nite

Dwayne, interesting comment. I thought similar thoughts when I saw them take BP at Baylor, UTA, and Rice. They don't look confident as hitters and what they are having to change or do with change in bats. The gnats as I call them can't hit balls out or off wall anymore, they have to change their approach. They don't they won't make it. There are a few that can still hit for avg with new bats, but not all anymore. Pretenders are easily sorted out now with new bats.

IMO, I think Coach Sim stuck with veterans for quite a while and started giving more turns and chances to freshman and second year guys, both in field and on mound. While not as experienced and not fully matured, saw 2-3 young arms that have promise, couple may have to help in conference this year and all 3 will get better next year and year after. I thought sophomore RHP Trevor Peterson stepped up in second year and battled hard against top teams while Jeb Stefan is still building arm strength and stamina back.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Dwayne, interesting comment. I thought similar thoughts when I saw them take BP at Baylor, UTA, and Rice. They don't look confident as hitters and what they are having to change or do with change in bats. The gnats as I call them can't hit balls out or off wall anymore, they have to change their approach. They don't they won't make it. There are a few that can still hit for avg with new bats, but not all anymore. Pretenders are easily sorted out now with new bats.

IMO, I think Coach Sim stuck with veterans for quite a while and started giving more turns and chances to freshman and second year guys, both in field and on mound. While not as experienced and not fully matured, saw 2-3 young arms that have promise, couple may have to help in conference this year and all 3 will get better next year and year after. I thought sophomore RHP Trevor Peterson stepped up in second year and battled hard against top teams while Jeb Stefan is still building arm strength and stamina back.
    we aren't the only school with new bats. Its a good thing Baylor & Rice had them as someone else mentioned earlier b/c the drummings would have been worse...it seems we have 2-3 "young arms" with potential every year. Doing the math, we should have 6-8 or at worst 4-6 great arms in their upper years...Its been frustrating as a baseball fan...nothing has happened in years to get "excited" about.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

+ Reply to Thread