+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerry Rupp fired

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Kerry Rupp fired

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    Bruce (along with Dr. Liberatos being on the committee) brought in Sonny Dykes. 99% of Tech fans feel that was a great hire. Bruce also pulled the trigger on Rupp and most fans agreed with that.

Give him some credit, he is doing the right thing here. I promise they will bring in someone better than our last three or four mens bball hires.

100% agree

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

What a really bad decision. We should have at least given him one more year so no buyout. I hate to break it to ya, but there isnt anybody better who we can bring in for this year. We are in a tight spot.

This has Dr. Engineer written all over it.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Im telling you, dont blame Bruce........

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    Im telling you, dont blame Bruce........
    Dont worry, I wont be blaming anyone for firing Rupp, he deserved it...

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Bruce (along with Dr. Liberatos being on the committee) brought in Sonny Dykes. 99% of Tech fans feel that was a great hire. Bruce also pulled the trigger on Rupp and most fans agreed with that.

Give him some credit, he is doing the right thing here. I promise they will bring in someone better than our last three or four mens bball hires.

What 99%? You might need to check your facts!

Varsity Bulldog bdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nice

I agree Red. Most people don't realize how little money is directed to the basketball program. It is unfortunate he had Nikita go behind not only his back, but the entire Tech Admin's and leave with recruits that we were counting on getting to campus and contribute immediately. Little time was left for him to hire a new assistant and fill those holes that were left with the recruits leaving with Nikita. Everyone was shocked what happened and it was completely unexpected. It would have been difficult for any coach to recover from this. Brandon Gibson, arguably one of the leaders of the team and top players who was performing pretty good tore his ACL. I believe he should have been given the time to finish up his contract at least. I know the majority of you don't agree with this but o well.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your future, coach Rupp. Thanks for your time here with us.
    Go Bulldawgs!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72 View Post
    What 99%? You might need to check your facts!

That's not a fact, just an opinion. How many Tech fans do you know that really think Dykes wasn't a great hire?

100?

200?

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Good luck Coach Rupp. Thanks for doing your best and I am sure you will find the right place to be successful.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes to Coach Rupp, Coach Condie, and the other coaches.

The effort of Rupp's first year team inspired me to become a season ticket holder (x 3) and I missed only 2 games total the last three years. Thanks, Coach Rupp.

Coach Condie was always approachable and interactive with the fans & had a smile and wave for us. Hope things go great for ya, Coach Condie.

A real mixed feeling day. Some sadness with this change as head coach, but for whatever reason things didn't work out, it is the best decision for the future of Bulldog basketball. Get us a winner please, Mr. VDV.

Varsity Bulldog dfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg34 View Post
    I agree Red. Most people don't realize how little money is directed to the basketball program. It is unfortunate he had Nikita go behind not only his back, but the entire Tech Admin's and leave with recruits that we were counting on getting to campus and contribute immediately. Little time was left for him to hire a new assistant and fill those holes that were left with the recruits leaving with Nikita. Everyone was shocked what happened and it was completely unexpected. It would have been difficult for any coach to recover from this. Brandon Gibson, arguably one of the leaders of the team and top players who was performing pretty good tore his ACL. I believe he should have been given the time to finish up his contract at least. I know the majority of you don't agree with this but o well.
    Yea, you're right, it is all about the coach and not the program. Kerry Rupp's career is much more important than our men's basketball program. I just don't understand why our school doesn't realize that.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

IMO, it doesn't matter who we bring in. If the funding for the Men's Basketball program doesn't increase, dramatically, then we wont be any better off than we were before.

Yeah, we might win a few more games with another coach, but we will never reach "that level" that everyone is hoping for, without a bigger commitment from the University.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    A search committee consisting of Dr. Liberatos, Dr. Guice and Corre Stegall???????? Is this a terrible joke???
    Exactly!!! I had to run to store to buy bulk of toilet paper after reading that one.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

BS -

The numbers have have posted and there was a dramatic increase in funding and we got less than we were getting before...

It's all about recruiting the talent, getting the talent on campus and then developing talent once it got here and this staff failed miserably in that area for basically 4 years -

Next year is going to very very tough, but lets face it, we were staring a season of less than 10 overall wins right in the face and I got tired of looking at the same 300 faces every night the last half of this season

I want a HC & staff who does one thing - makes NO excuses, I'm damn tired of excuses had enough of them the last 4 years to last me another 20

Signed DFM a greatful mbb season ticket holder as of 3:00 pm this afternoon
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg34 View Post
    So Rupp puts himself in the position of playing second fiddle to Kikita Johnson re recruiting, and then Nikita jumps ship and takes his cargo with him. How can this scenario be anyone's fault but Kerry Rupp's.

Apparently Rupp had not taken the time nor made the effort to develop a relationship with the recruits that left with Nikita. Since there were only three or maybe four, how difficult could it have been for Rupp to be or become the catalyst to cause those kids to want to play at Tech regardless of where Nikita went.

Just appears to me that Rupp left the recruiting responsibility totally up to Nikita and it bit him in the butt more ways than one.

Successful head coaches do not behave this way, and success in college coaching begins with successful recruiting. Rupp reaped exactly what he sowed.

+ Reply to Thread