+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New Coach Short List

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Re: New Coach Short List

According to this, Smart makes $325,000 base salary. That might be a bit out of our price range.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    According to this, Smart makes $325,000 base salary. That might be a bit out of our price range.

I think he was just being funny....

With the win last night, Smart just graduated to one of the big boys after the season is over. If they lose tomorrow, I expect him to be out of Richmond by Friday. Tennessee or Iowa would be my guess.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I think he was just being funny....

With the win last night, Smart just graduated to one of the big boys after the season is over. If they lose tomorrow, I expect him to be out of Richmond by Friday. Tennessee or Iowa would be my guess.
    What's funny is that VCU might be a BETTER job than what Smart can get elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, the money is tough to say no to. I understand that. But look at Capel. He won at VCU, won at OU with the great Blake Griffin, but didn't win the last two years and got fired. Sometimes coaching at one of the elite mid-major programs is better than the crapshoot that is taking over a middling major program.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    What's funny is that VCU might be a BETTER job than what Smart can get elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, the money is tough to say no to. I understand that. But look at Capel. He won at VCU, won at OU with the great Blake Griffin, but didn't win the last two years and got fired. Sometimes coaching at one of the elite mid-major programs is better than the crapshoot that is taking over a middling major program.
    Look at Brad Stevens. He signed a 12 year extension at Butler last season. He can stay there and lead them to the tournament every 4 years now and stay there until he retires. There is a lot less pressure if one stays at a smaller school. Not every one can be a Coach K.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post

I totally agree. A gig like VCU, Gonzaga, or Butler is much better than a lot of the high major programs. Less money, but a lot less stress and pressure.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Gonzaga is prolly the best gig in College Basketball. Its a well paid job in a small conference where you can add wins to your resume for almost an indefinite amount of time. And you get all the tv games you want.

Guest student0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timestudent0003 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

How about Todd Monken for coach?

+ Reply to Thread