+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael White- Coach Prospect

Big Dog ANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of light

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Michael White- Coach Prospect

Meh....

Puppy pgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nice

ZERO head coaching experience. I think there needs to be a premium put on that with this next hire.

I'm sure there are several people we can bring in that are great recruiters, but are they great Head Coaches!?

We need someone that is proven in both areas.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Last edited by Dawg06; 03-24-2011 at 05:50 AM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    He has that Stevie D wry smile...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pgdawg View Post
    ZERO head coaching experience. I think there needs to be a premium put on that with this next hire.

You have to start somewhere. He would probably have former Naismith Coach of the Year Rod Barnes on his bench. Barnes took Ole Miss to the Sweet Sixteen in 01.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I'm sure there are several people we can bring in that are great recruiters, but are they great Head Coaches!?

We need someone that is proven in both areas.
    What head coaching experience did Brad Stevens have before Butler? How about Shaka Smart or Anthony Grant before VCU? Again I feel like a broken record. Solid assistant with a good pedigree is a very good chance for success and has a much higher ceiling than a current D1 coach that we can afford.

Puppy pgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nice

None. Youre right! But those guys also had prior experience at the school's where they were hired! The AD knew exactly what he was getting, while those guys were also familiar with what they were getting into.

I'd love to do some research on these "hot young assistants" taking jobs at schools where they had no prior experience, but fortunately I don't have the time! Off the top of my head, I would say that the odds are way higher if you're hired from within or have been there before, than if you are coming in from the outside. I could be wrong though.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

None. Youre right! But those guys also had prior experience at the school's where they were hired! The AD knew exactly what he was getting, while those guys were also familiar with what they were getting into.

I'd love to do some research on these "hot young assistants" taking jobs at schools where they had no prior experience, but fortunately I don't have the time! Off the top of my head, I would say that the odds are way higher if you're hired from within or have been there before, than if you are coming in from the outside. I could be wrong though.

How? Grant was a 10 year assistant to Billy Donovan. And Shaka Smart spent assistant coaching stints at a fw different places (non VCU). Brad Stevens worked his way up at Butler but that was the only one I named.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    You have to start somewhere. He would probably have former Naismith Coach of the Year Rod Barnes on his bench. Barnes took Ole Miss to the Sweet Sixteen in 01.
    Is White from the Natural State?

I remember that Ole Miss had a huge pipeline to Arkansas around that time (especially Parkview maybe).

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post

I remember that Ole Miss had a huge pipeline to Arkansas around that time (especially Parkview maybe).
    Nope. Looks like he is from New Orleans.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Nope. Looks like he is from New Orleans.
    He certainly graduated high school in New Orleans, but it isn't clear to me where he is from.

He is kinda like an army brat. He moved around due to his Dad's career. Dad was AD at Tulane while he was in high school.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

You would remember a lot of these names:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebask...-winning-track

Anthony Boone (Helena-West Helena Central) and continued with Keith Carter (Perryville),

got Jason Harrison (Little Rock Parkview), who played in a school-record 132 games, Darren Brown (West Memphis), who transferred to Louisiana Tech, and Jermey Parnell (Gosnell),

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    He certainly graduated high school in New Orleans, but it isn't clear to me where he is from.

He is kinda like an army brat. He moved around due to his Dad's career. Dad was AD at Tulane while he was in high school.
    The same article says Evans recruited White from New Orleans. He went to Jesuit. His dad obviosuly moved alot. I think I read somewhere he was born in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    You would remember a lot of these names:

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebask...-winning-track

Anthony Boone (Helena-West Helena Central) and continued with Keith Carter (Perryville),

got Jason Harrison (Little Rock Parkview), who played in a school-record 132 games, Darren Brown (West Memphis), who transferred to Louisiana Tech, and Jermey Parnell (Gosnell),
    That's what I was thinking of. I remember loving it when they'd beat the razorbacks with a mostly Arkansas team.

+ Reply to Thread