+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ruston Trip Report

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

Ruston Trip Report

The Highlights:

- Meeting Coach Spoon and Coach Park. A big thank you to them for being so friendly and allowing us close access to the team as they prepared for the biggest games of the season.

- The myriad people that came up to us at the games to say hi and how much they enjoy having Jelena as part of the Techster family. I can't believe how well Jelena has adjusted to being halfway around the world from home and I'm sure the biggest reason is how welcome everyone has made her feel.

- My first taste of authentic gumbo (at Bistro 102). Just wow! Jelena's mom has vowed to learn how to make it herself. Feel free to PM recipies lol

The Lowlights:

- The Game. I'm sure I don't need to elaborate.

- Sam's Town Shreveport. I won't bore with details but it was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. Serves us right for waiting til last minute to reserve a room. It'll be Horseshoe or El Dorado next time we are in town for sure.

- Making a left turn from W Alabama Ave to N Trenton St late at night and driving about 4 blocks before realizing I was going the wrong way on a One Way street. Oops.

Our flight home leaves from Los Angeles tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone who was so nice to us and see you next year.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Ruston Trip Report

No first time trip to Ruston is considered complete until you go the wrong direction down a one way. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Ruston and Louisiana.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Wrong way down a one way.

Done that several times in Ruston.

Have a safe flight.

Puppy bballfan is an unknown

I hope you are able to get the "big head" sign home! :icon_wink:Praying for a safe trip home! Glad the south made you feel welcome! and those roads in Ruston are just CRAZY!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Techster View Post

The Highlights:

- Meeting Coach Spoon and Coach Park. A big thank you to them for being so friendly and allowing us close access to the team as they prepared for the biggest games of the season.

- The myriad people that came up to us at the games to say hi and how much they enjoy having Jelena as part of the Techster family. I can't believe how well Jelena has adjusted to being halfway around the world from home and I'm sure the biggest reason is how welcome everyone has made her feel.

- My first taste of authentic gumbo (at Bistro 102). Just wow! Jelena's mom has vowed to learn how to make it herself. Feel free to PM recipies lol

The Lowlights:

- The Game. I'm sure I don't need to elaborate.

- Sam's Town Shreveport. I won't bore with details but it was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. Serves us right for waiting til last minute to reserve a room. It'll be Horseshoe or El Dorado next time we are in town for sure.

- Making a left turn from W Alabama Ave to N Trenton St late at night and driving about 4 blocks before realizing I was going the wrong way on a One Way street. Oops.

Our flight home leaves from Los Angeles tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone who was so nice to us and see you next year.

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by bballfan View Post
    I hope you are able to get the "big head" sign home!
    So far so good lol

Puppy bballfan is an unknown

LOVE IT! Here's to safe travels! :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Techster View Post
    So far so good lol

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

PM me an address and I'll send you a great cajun/creole recipie book including my gumbo recipie.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

You might find a few recipes for gumbo and other La. and southern dishes here.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    You might find a few recipes for gumbo and other La. and southern dishes here.
    Love that thread -- makes me hungry just reading it!

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Try this cajun site for some good recipes.

http://www.gumbopages.com/

+ Reply to Thread