+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official HIRE ME!!! thread

Puppy pgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nice

Re: The Official HIRE ME!!! thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Twister View Post
    Travis Ford...gee I wonder...hmmmm. making it to the final four of the NAIA tournament for one where they lost to Life (the national champion) by a single point in double overtime. He'd only been their two years at the time, your guy has been at LSUS a total of 7 and still can't get out of the second round. May I also remind you Ford and EKU damn near beat Kentucky (his alma mater) in the first round of the NCAA tournament. One of the best games I've seen in years.

Any other barnburning questions you want answered?
    Yeah, he had one REALLY good year in 3. still don't see any of the hardware you are looking for. P.S. -- in his second season at LSUS and second year of the program, McDowell lost to the eventual national champion by a very close margin as well.

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by pgdawg View Post
    I agree! But I don't understand the NAIA argument. Yes, outside of the top 30, the NAIA isn't very good. But the top 30 can compete with almost anyone in some of the low major conferences. This years National Championship game had 3 Big East transfers, a big 12 transfer, 3 CUSA transfers, and 2 ohio valley transfers. And 2 of the guys played on NCAA Final Four teams (UCONN and Georgetown).

7 championships in 7 years sounds pretty good to me, no matter what the level. If he were a high school coach, yeah I'd be against that b/c the college game is a different animal. There is so much more to it. But the NAIA is college basketball, and to some degree can be more challenging b/c of the budget issues.

I hope McDowell gets an interview, and if hes not the right guy for our job, i'm fine with that. As I have expressed before, i would like for us to get someone with head coaching experience though. I think there should be a premium put on that. I just don't think we're in a position as a program that can afford to hire an up and coming assistant. JMO
    Which speaks highly for recruiting ability of Pikeville or Mountain State, but doesn't state anything for the rest of the crew. And even Pikesville as loaded as they are, still got lost by 40 points to the only NCAA team the played this season. I hate to see what the score would have been without all the NCAA transfers the have.

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

Yeah, he had one REALLY good year in 3. still don't see any of the hardware you are looking for. P.S. -- in his second season at LSUS and second year of the program, McDowell lost to the eventual national champion by a very close margin as well.
    Your missing the point....as you stated in his second year.....McDowell has been there 7 or 8....

Don't get me wrong I'm not against the man. And I'm telling you right now, if who ever does get hired doesn't seriously consider him for one of the assistants then I'm seriously considering writing a nice choice letter to the Athletic Department

Puppy pgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nicepgdawg is just really nice

i was comparing his second year to Fords in the NAIA. And I don't know who Pikeville played, but I'm sure it was someone good if they got beat 40. LSUS beat the only NCAA team they played this year, and it wasn't an exhibition.

P.S. - I highly doubt McDowell would take an assistant spot. Maybe with McConathy but thats probably it.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

i was comparing his second year to Fords in the NAIA. And I don't know who Pikeville played, but I'm sure it was someone good if they got beat 40. LSUS beat the only NCAA team they played this year, and it wasn't an exhibition.

P.S. - I highly doubt McDowell would take an assistant spot. Maybe with McConathy but thats probably it.
    Do McConathy and McDowell go back a long way?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

The way some people keep trying to push an NAIA coach on this board, I don't think it matters . If people insist on hiring a NAIA coach can we please actually get one with some championship experience like Kelly Wells at Pikesville. LSUS got beaten by a #14 ranked team in the tournament, it that the kind of coach we should be looking at.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...MBBBracket.pdf
    #13 Bulter beat #4 Louisville. I guess Petino should be on the hot seat....

Ok, there are 2 of Chad's family members that are advertising him getting the job, but I think that the majority of us (boxerdog, dfm, myself, etc) that just want us to not IGNORE him and give him an interview. He came into a program that no longer existed and built it in a short time to a successful NAIA program.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    Who ever it is I hope they have some players in their back pocket they can get here quick. Probably won't be too many of this year's squad sticking around.
    Well, it's happened a WHOLE LOT in the last 4 years, so we're kind of use to it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against the man. And I'm telling you right now, if who ever does get hired doesn't seriously consider him for one of the assistants then I'm seriously considering writing a nice choice letter to the Athletic Department
    The athletic department shouldn't have any say in the assistant coaches. The new Head Coach should be able to choose his own staff.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Experience as an assistant coach in the Sorority league... Junior High basketball player and 4 year started in church league. Learned to play on a rim that was a little crooked.

Need I say more?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Thread has been hijacked.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Hire me!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Hire me. Sorority head coach Hall of Fame. Good recruiter, especially the Oil City area (a real hotbed). Not sure Dr. R. can afford me.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Hire me!

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Hire me!

Torpedoes of truth to Tech!

+ Reply to Thread