+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: La.Tech looks to extend Weatherspoon's Contract

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: La.Tech looks to extend Weatherspoon's Contract

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Twister View Post
    I know I'm new on this board posting...forgive me I've lurked for years...but sometimes I just have to speak my mind. I'm normally a pretty passive fellow and could care less what people think of me...but one of my pet peeves is hearsay..can't stand people who gossip about other people and do not bother to find out the truth before the pass it along.

As for DAWG80, I have my own form of message for him.... .
    Then you might as well cancel your account and find another message board to frequent. :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Then you might as well cancel your account and find another message board to frequent. :icon_wink:
    But I'd miss you so much !!!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I know I'm new on this board posting...forgive me I've lurked for years...but sometimes I just have to speak my mind. I'm normally a pretty passive fellow and could care less what people think of me...but one of my pet peeves is hearsay..can't stand people who gossip about other people and do not bother to find out the truth before the pass it along.
    Oh Lawdy, honey. You are definitely in the wrong place here.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

As for DAWG80, I have my own form of message for him.... .
    lmao...if you had time to do 2 PhDs then you should spend sometimes to re-read all of the stuffs that dawg80 has been saying about KM over the last 5 years at least. You are judging him by his only few posts on this thread. :icon_wink:
    by the way, what is the hot key for that mooning smiley?

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    lmao...if you had time to do 2 PhDs then you should spend sometimes to re-read all of the stuffs that dawg80 has been saying about KM over the last 5 years at least. You are judging him by his only few posts on this thread. :icon_wink:
    I barely had time to do anything, I was dual enrolled at two different schools, 800 miles apart from one another, took a bunch of coordination between the two schools too. The NSSL only gives out to educational grants on the research we do so both schools knew that it was a big deal to have a student who had one, so they bowed to my ever whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Oh Lawdy, honey. You are definitely in the wrong place here.
    I know Dawgmatic, and if it wasn't for having your sweet personality on this board I really would be just miserable.

By the way, I know I missed it but Happy B-Day.

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Sent you a private message how to do it as well as others......try not to post those XXX ones (except on other school's forums ), certain individuals on this board might do something nasty if all of a sudden they started showing up on this board.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You speak the truth on this subject. Kim Mulkey has a heart of gold. She's one of the top 5 respected coaches in the women's game. That's why Leon lives in Waco today......Kim reached out to help him.

BTW, the injured Baylor player you referred to was Melissa Jones, Baylor's only senior, and a member of the Big XII All-Tournament team this year. She was blinded when she hit her head on the floor. She's still wearing sunglasses (when she plays) today.

Don't pay any attention to Dawg80. Nobody else does.....

HD

HD! good to see ya in old Natchitoches recently. Hope you had a nice visit.

As for the "pigtails to LSpoo rumors". I don't know if she wants that job, and don't care where she coaches, personally. But, in my OPINION (see! with emphasis "opinion"), she won't be leaving Baylor while that man-child Griner is still there. If this had been Griner's senior year, then maybe. And, of course, the LSU job will be filled soon, so, it won't be available 2 years from now when pigtails would be more likely to jump.

But Dwayne seems to think she is really interested and Dwayne knows things....so, maybe!

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It's women's basketball...

BTW I have it on good authority that Mulkey is talking with LSU and if they match her present salary she is going to Red Stick...

Can't blame her, our corporate office is in Waco...I certainly wouldn't want to live there.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    This is NOT kicking a dead horse....

Wanted to point out that I have made the argument that pigtails' "defense" is ridiculous since had she been successful, which I think she would have been, she too would have been offered a new contract, an extension, waaaay beyond that precious 5th year she uses as her excuse. (run-on sentence alert!)

Because the flipside of that argument is this: okay, ya mean the Techsters would have tanked with pigtails as HC!? And therefore, she might have been fired???? Does anyone, including pigtails, really believe that?

A poster on this topic has made the point that perhaps pigtails really didn't want to follow a coaching legend, understanding the comparison would have been made in terms of measurable results: wins, Final Four appearances, etc... So! she made a demand (a 5th year on her initial contract) that she already knew Tech would not go for, giving her an "excuse" to abandon ship.

My point is, and has always been, if she knew she had no desire to succeed Barmore, she should have done her alma mater a service by accepting a position elsewhere several years before LB's announced retirement. Which begs the question, was Leon blindsided too? I assume he thought pigtails would succeed him as HC, keeping that all-important link in place.

Bottom line, her actions HURT the Techster program. It costs us some recruits at that time, during a KEY moment in WBB history when the "big" schools were just starting to take WBB seriously.

This post is just wrong. It was the cocky attitude of the LA Tech admin & athletic council that decided on the 4 year deal. Their prestigious program was just too good to trust to a "rookie head coach." They screwed KM, LB, The alumni & fans. LB then busted his ass to help bring in whom he thought was the next viable candidate to be the coach for the screwy terms of the Admin.

You are dead wrong to ever question the loyalty of KM or LB. That question of loyalty should be flipped to the admin. The university was profiting from having a high profile national contender every year. It was the admin. that screwed that up with their arrogance & greed.

Tspoon knows the story & that is just a small part along with her desire to coach, see our program succeed ...etc. She is truly a gem & our admin had better not screw that up. Here is what I would offer her in a new contract:

1. A five year extension @ a base salary of $200K.

2. $10K for her Camp.

3. $25K for keeping players eligible/on pace to graduate/out of jail (she will do this anyway).

3. Incentive pay: $25K for a conference championship.

$25K for an appearence in the NCAA Tournament

$25K for a berth in the Sweet 16.

$25K for a berth in the final 8.

$25K for the final four.

$50K for winning the national championship.

I know that this looks like a bunch of money but keep in mind that many of the women's head coaches from the BCS conferences have a base of around $700K.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    This post is just wrong. It was the cocky attitude of the LA Tech admin & athletic council that decided on the 4 year deal. Their prestigious program was just too good to trust to a "rookie head coach." They screwed KM, LB, The alumni & fans. LB then busted his ass to help bring in whom he thought was the next viable candidate to be the coach for the screwy terms of the Admin.

You are dead wrong to ever question the loyalty of KM or LB. That question of loyalty should be flipped to the admin. The university was profiting from having a high profile national contender every year. It was the admin. that screwed that up with their arrogance & greed.

Tspoon knows the story & that is just a small part along with her desire to coach, see our program succeed ...etc. She is truly a gem & our admin had better not screw that up. Here is what I would offer her in a new contract:

1. A five year extension @ a base salary of $200K.

2. $10K for her Camp.

3. $25K for keeping players eligible/on pace to graduate/out of jail (she will do this anyway).

3. Incentive pay: $25K for a conference championship.

$25K for an appearence in the NCAA Tournament

$25K for a berth in the Sweet 16.

$25K for a berth in the final 8.

$25K for the final four.

$50K for winning the national championship.

I know that this looks like a bunch of money but keep in mind that many of the women's head coaches from the BCS conferences have a base of around $700K.
    No question on that Dawg1, that's the Tech admin as usual. The Tech admin all have over-inflated egos of how important they are and unfortunately this keeps leading the to getting caught with there pants down in at least more than one instance.

Instead of adressing the issue the tend to point fingers at everyone else. Please forgive me for saying this outload, but I've never ever been a big fan of Dr. Reneau just always felt he could do more than he has for Tech.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Question:

Do any of you know how incredibly successful Tech is, where it counts, in academics, and building the base (facilities, programs, etc) to make it even more successful?

Considering that Tech is trapped in the lousy ULS with the likes of UL-Monroe, Nicholls, Grambling (egad!), McNeese.... it is amazing how much separation Tech has been able to achieve. All thanks to DR.

On the other hand, Mr and Mrs Benedict Arnold stabbed their alma mater in the back and went off to try to make a program at another school successful.

Of course! academics and research programs are FAR MORE important than WBB. That's just a silly sport that makes a few people rich, and drains resources from more important pursuits. And, I know this....

Dr. Reneau is here, at Tech, trying his best to advance the fortunes of my alma mater. Those others are elsewhere.

If you're not with us....you're against us.

In the confines of the sport, do any of you think for a minute that the Arnolds won't recruit a player that Spoon is trying to get to Tech????? Yeah, right. And yet, some of you keep the blinders on and keep supporting the traitors.

My coach is Spoon! The rest can "go to hell" (not literally). That includes those at Baylor too.

Question:

Do any of you know how incredibly successful Tech is, where it counts, in academics, and building the base (facilities, programs, etc) to make it even more successful?

Considering that Tech is trapped in the lousy ULS with the likes of UL-Monroe, Nicholls, Grambling (egad!), McNeese.... it is amazing how much separation Tech has been able to achieve. All thanks to DR.

On the other hand, Mr and Mrs Benedict Arnold stabbed their alma mater in the back and went off to try to make a program at another school successful.

Of course! academics and research programs are FAR MORE important than WBB. That's just a silly sport that makes a few people rich, and drains resources from more important pursuits. And, I know this....

Dr. Reneau is here, at Tech, trying his best to advance the fortunes of my alma mater. Those others are elsewhere.

If you're not with us....you're against us.

In the confines of the sport, do any of you think for a minute that the Arnolds won't recruit a player that Spoon is trying to get to Tech????? Yeah, right. And yet, some of you keep the blinders on and keep supporting the traitors.

My coach is Spoon! The rest can "go to hell" (not literally). That includes those at Baylor too.
    Hate to say this but do you really in your little egotistical mind (and I see what HogDawg was saying in the earlier post) that if Kim and Leon wanted any of the players on the Tech roster that the couldn't have gotten them before TSpoon??

MESSAGE TO ALL BBB'S: DAWG80 IS OFF IN HIS OWN FANTASY WORLD AGAIN SOMEBODY CALL CENTRAL STATE HOSPITAL IN PINEVILLE AND TELL THEM TO COME PICK HIM UP

Hate to say this but do you really in your little egotistical mind (and I see what HogDawg was saying in the earlier post) that if Kim and Leon wanted any of the players on the Tech roster that the couldn't have gotten them before TSpoon??

MESSAGE TO ALL BBB'S: DAWG80 IS OFF IN HIS OWN FANTASY WORLD AGAIN SOMEBODY CALL CENTRAL STATE HOSPITAL IN PINEVILLE AND TELL THEM TO COME PICK HIM UP
    I am the only sane one in this discussion. YOU just supported my contention by stating that if Baylor wants a recruit that Spoon is interested in, then BU will sign 'em. Yes, I agree 100%. That's what I am saying! And that is why the Arnolds are now in an enemy camp.

BTW, who is this "KIM?" Isn't that the brutal dictator of North Korea? Appropriate...

I am the only sane one in this discussion. YOU just supported my contention by stating that if Baylor wants a recruit that Spoon is interested in, then BU will sign 'em. Yes, I agree 100%. That's what I am saying! And that is why the Arnolds are now in an enemy camp.

BTW, who is this "KIM?" Isn't that the brutal dictator of North Korea? Appropriate...
    Who the Dan you where singing praise about earlier isn't that the name of some corrupt power hungry president in Kenya!!! How appropriate!!! At least he knew when to step aside.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_arap_Moi

Hey Dawg80, I have a new avatar for you, you should definitely change to it immediately.

D.R. ==> <== DAWG80

+ Reply to Thread