+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fibonacci Numbers - Fingerprint of God?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Fibonacci Numbers - Fingerprint of God?

I'm neither a math nor science guy, but I call it all bs. There is nothing special about any of it, and none of it can truly be tied together as proof of the other.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Not touching this one either.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I am sure he is not the first 12 year old to think the Big Bang Theory is wrong. Clearly a smart kid, but his communication skills need to catch up with his mathematical intellect. One he matures, he may make some significant contributions to physics and science.
    Glenn Beck had this kid on his show today. The kid told him he has a photographic memory and Glenn gave him "The 5000 Year Leap" and a Thomas Jefferson and George Washington book to memorize.

His parents said he was trying to figure out the volume of a cereal box at 14 months old.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I'm neither a math nor science guy, but I call it all bs. There is nothing special about any of it, and none of it can truly be tied together as proof of the other.

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answ...etracement.asp

Some swear by this method of identifying support and resistance levels ..... studying a chart works pretty well too.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    On a related note... have you seen that 12 year old who thinks the Big Bang Theory is wrong?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/a-be...rove-big-bang/

I'm not an expert but...
    “So you get all the elements, all the different materials, from those bigger stars. The little stars, they just make hydrogen and helium, and when they blow up, all the carbon that remains in them is just in the white dwarf; it never really comes off.

“So, um, in the big-bang theory, what they do is, there is this big explosion and there is all this temperature going off and the temperature decreases really rapidly because it’s really big. The other day I calculated, they have this period where they suppose the hydrogen and helium were created, and, um, I don’t care about the hydrogen and helium, but I thought, wouldn’t there have to be some sort of carbon?”
    A lot of this is just flat out wrong. If he's as smart as they say he is, surely he can get through an introductory astronomy textbook. He knows he's smart, and like most kids his age, he's arrogant. It doesn't help that people seem too eager to stroke his ego.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

wow that's bad

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    I'm not an expert but...
    A lot of this is just flat out wrong. If he's as smart as they say he is, surely he can get through an introductory astronomy textbook. He knows he's smart, and like most kids his age, he's arrogant. It doesn't help that people seem too eager to stroke his ego.
    I can't wait until he starts studying the complexities of science. He just sees math in his head right now. The calculations he was hearing about the big bang didn't sound right to him, so he is going to study science to prove it wrong.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I can't wait until he starts studying the complexities of science. He just sees math in his head right now. The calculations he was hearing about the big bang didn't sound right to him, so he is going to study science to prove it wrong.
    If he succeeds then great, but I have a feeling that the reason those equations didn't sound right to him is he doesn't understand them. I trust decades of work by people like Einstein, Hubble, and Hawking over that of a twelve year old. I don't care how smart he's supposed to be.
    Last edited by odysseus; 04-01-2011 at 02:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread