+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Band Organization Tau Upsilon Beta Alpha

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: NEW Band Organization Tau Upsilon Beta Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Is there anybody who was actually IN the Band who would like to join me here?

qng, Christan, IT, Rhythm, ? ... anybody?
    Anyone that knows me, knows that I would love nothing more than to be able to donate to the band. At this time, the only donation I can handle is the minimum LTAC donation. Times are tough.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I believe you can get matching funds from SGA up to $200. You can submit a grant for your organization to the Organization Grant Committee. Ask the people at the info desk at the back of Tolliver Hall for more information.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I believe you can get matching funds from SGA up to $200. You can submit a grant for your organization to the Organization Grant Committee. Ask the people at the info desk at the back of Tolliver Hall for more information.
    That takes forever. Marching season will be well over with until you even smell the grant money. I've done it before.

It could be done for future, small projects.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    That takes forever. Marching season will be well over with until you even smell the grant money. I've done it before.

It could be done for future, small projects.
    You can potentially get thousands of dollars from the grant committee. I'm not sure what the timeline is, but it's definitely worth looking into for other projects. The SGA $200 matching funds just takes a little over a week to get.

Bulldog lillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nice

The SGA grant/matching funds is due Mid to Late October by the time that goes through (if it does) marching season will be over or almost. The grant apps aren't available yet so I don't know the exact dates for that because I checked on that today. There are A LOT of things we need replaced/fixed and I'm talking about thousands of dollars. It will costs us $2,000 alone just to get them repaired. Not including new neck and bits, mouthpieces, cases fixed/replaced. I'm doing my best to try and do different fundraisers and events to generate more funds. That is the main reason why I've asked for suggestions/assistance. Anything you can do to help works no matter how big or small.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lillojo318 View Post
    It will costs us $2,000 alone just to get them repaired.
    Wait -- I thought you said $200 ... ????

What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Wait -- I thought you said $200 ... ????

What gives?
    Completely separate things.

$231 for the Tuba pouches.

$2,000 for repairs for tubas.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Got it. Thanks.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Completely separate things.

$231 for the Tuba pouches.

$2,000 for repairs for tubas.
    What is a tuba pouch? You can probably find a cheap hand gun case for 10 bucks. It would work better.

If it is one of these things below, it won't protect jack.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    What is a tuba pouch? You can probably find a cheap hand gun case for 10 bucks. It would work better.
    Hell, I dont know. I was a drummer. lol

Ok I have the quote I was talking about. We need a lot of things but going to start with the small things first. I was looking at getting some sousaphone pouches. The reason for this is because for one they are breaking, getting smashed, and coming up missing. These pouches have 3 pockets, one for the neck, one for the bits, and the other for the mouthpiece. Ordering mouthpieces and neck and bits get expensive. Keeping them in these pouches will keep them from breaking and protected. The total estimate $231.00 18 in total (roughly 12.50 a piece). Time frame is by the Sept 17 game. Hopefully we can make this happen.

Bulldog lillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nicelillojo318 is just really nice

I don't even know what kind of hand gun case you are talking about. These pouches will protect them. Each one is in it's own slot to prevent for hitting against one another. There isn't much storage space in the cases we have now. The only place we could store it is under the bell. However every time we move the cases could cause damage to the bell. These will keep them separated and in one place.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I noticed that you guys played a student arranged hip hop song for the Regal Blues dance number last week. I like it. We need more of it, especially for Hoop Troop.

every game we are playing a student arranged song most of them are hip hop/current music.

every game we are playing a student arranged song most of them are hip hop/current music.
    I love the current music arrangements. Tubas and low brass need to crank it a little more, IMO. Don't let me down.

PS. I think it's time to retire the "Horse".

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

1. Do not drop mouthpiece, neck & bits
    2. Tuba players supply their own mouthpieces
    3. Neck & bits go in old Crown Royal bag with mouthpieces
    4. Do not drop mouthpiece, neck & bits
    5. Do not WHACK neck & bits with mouthpiece if they are stuck
    6. DO NOT DROP MOUTHPIECE, NECK & BITS!!!!!!

Follow these rules and they will last a long, long, long, long, long, long, long time. I still have my mouthpiece from middle school, almost 20 years ago...
    Start imposing fines, I threatened that at one point as section leader, and I definetly setup a pushup punishment for drops.

+ Reply to Thread