+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech License Plates

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Tech License Plates

I was looking into getting a Tech license plate for my car. I know it has been brought up on here before, but I think we really need to upgrade our license plates. They are plain and extremely out of date.

Yet I have notice other schools have more modern and up to date plates.

Old LSU plates...

New LSU plates....

I did a prototype pic of what I think would look good as a new up to date license plate for our school.

It is something quick that I threw together. If you have any suggestion for a license plate design, feel free to give your opinion. I will take all suggestions and make different concepts of plates.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Tech License Plates

credit card too

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

It does need to be updated. (although that would mean I would have to get a new one!) But your suggestion is too abstract to non Tech fans. (Heck even the people in the DMV don't know what the plate is called, if they change it everyone will be screwed... FYI, it's not the Louisiana Tech plate, not the La Tech plate, not the Tech plate, but the ULT plate. That's right, the University of Louisiana Tech plate! I've gotten two plates in the last three years and both times they couldn't find the plate listed in the computer. When they did find it they both were shocked at how it was listed.)

One thing to remember about designing the plate. It needs to be easily read/understood by ANYONE and EVERYONE. I am pretty sure the bulldog on the background would get axed.

I was thinking more like putting the "La Tech State T" on the left with the red and blue jersey/endzone stripes faded in the background behind the tag numbers.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I hate the tiger stripes on LSU's plate. You can't read it unless you are right on top of it. Those stripes should be banned.

As for the bulldog in the background, it's not a recognizable symbol of Tech, especially when it's cropped and faded behind other print. For this reason and being difficult to read, I'd vote against the faded bulldog in the background.

Also, "Bulldawgs" is not an acceptable way to spell our nickname. "Bulldogs" and "Dawgs" are the only two approved versions of our nickname.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Here is the latest two....

I like this first one the best.

And the one with the end zone stripes.

Here is a very simple design.

These front plates need to be available online for purchase.

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

I wouldn't mind seeing a new plate for Tech kind of like the new Oklahoma state plate except with a distant photo of Lady Of The Myst from about 50 feet away down one of the sidewalks with red and blue flowers along the sides of the walkway. Sorry I'm not as graphical as the people above so you will have to use your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Twister View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a new plate for Tech kind of like the new Oklahoma state plate except with a distant photo of Lady Of The Myst from about 50 feet away down one of the sidewalks with red and blue flowers along the sides of the walkway. Sorry I'm not as graphical as the people above so you will have to use your imagination
    The Lady of the Mist would be perfect for a Tech credit card.

Bulldog dapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the ears dapdawg's Avatar

These front plates need to be available online for purchase.

Yup!!! I can't find them anywhere!

Bulldog dapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the ears dapdawg's Avatar

Anywhere in Shreveport/Bossier anyway.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Please do a license plate with black and/or WBB blue. Maybe a Nike Swish on it too.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

How about designing one for those of us in the state of Texas, so we can use that design plus the $8k deposit to finally create a LaTech plate in the Lone Star State. I'm moving to Texas and having to get rid of my Tech plate, so dang it, I want one in Texas!

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Here is a very simple design.

I personally don't like the plates with graphics behind the numbers or in the background. Also, I'm pretty sure the "Louisiana" at the top must be in the script. I like the new LSU plates (the ones without the stripes). Something similar to those would be good.

Alright here is my list....
    1. One with the Lady of the Mist.
    2. A black and/or Columbia blue with Nike Swish.
    3. A Texas one.

Did I miss anything?

+ Reply to Thread