+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech License Plates

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech License Plates

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The Lady of the Mist would be perfect for a Tech credit card.
    Thats what i have on my Tech credit card.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    Alright here is my list....
    1. One with the Lady of the Mist.
    2. A black and/or Columbia blue with Nike Swish.
    3. A Texas one.

Did I miss anything?
    Maddawg was joking.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    But your suggestion is too abstract to non Tech fans.

FYI, it's not the Louisiana Tech plate, not the La Tech plate, not the Tech plate, but the ULT plate. That's right, the University of Louisiana Tech plate!
    I agree... too busy.

According to the state database, ALL university plates start with U. It's not a dig at Tech.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trenteverett View Post
    I personally don't like the plates with graphics behind the numbers or in the background. Also, I'm pretty sure the "Louisiana" at the top must be in the script. I like the new LSU plates (the ones without the stripes). Something similar to those would be good.
    There are plenty of Louisiana plates that don't display the "Louisiana" script wordmark.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

The Lady of the Mist would be perfect for a Tech credit card.
    Back in the day I had an MBNA Tech card with a picture of the quad and lady of the mist. Then they sent me one that I still have with the state-T logo (now its BofA).

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Dang it Quang. That was my next one. You beat me to it. I think we should have different designs and let the person choose they style that they like, rather than just one design.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Here is a very simple design.

Thank you very much DellDawg for inspiring this thread with your idea. With all due respect, I like these two.

I favor 06's use of the Tech font on top and bottom and if we could pass it by the state DMV we'd be rather unique from the other two or three fonts being used for the top Louisiana.

Tech should be on the new license plate design immediately. Then a major PR push during football season could boo$t some recognition for the university on the highways.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

This one I like a lot....clean, simple, modern. If this were available, I would be at the DMV tomorrow!

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

I need a new one, I backed mine into my a trailer tongue (Don't always trust the guy guiding you back). My wife also needs one on her truck.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I like my Tech plate. I get compliments on it all the time. Its simple and easily to read.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Thank you very much DellDawg for inspiring this thread with your idea. With all due respect, I like these two.

I favor 06's use of the Tech font on top and bottom and if we could pass it by the state DMV we'd be rather unique from the other two or three fonts being used for the top Louisiana.

Tech should be on the new license plate design immediately. Then a major PR push during football season could boo$t some recognition for the university on the highways.
    I agree. Over in Mississippi, State and TSUN keep track of their respective tags by county and it's like a competition on who owns a particular county. Our athletic department and alumni association should do a better job of promoting the Tech tag. A redesign is long overdue.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

If I had the photoshop skills you guys had, I'd create a Texas one...

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I don't really have a problem with the license plate. Maybe an update to the font and possibly the logo, but an entire redesign is not necessary.

+ Reply to Thread