+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone have any info on this?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Does anyone have any info on this?

"Les You Forget" Pin & Program
    ?????????????????????????????
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Re: Does anyone have any info on this?

Anybody have any info on this? I just bought it and figured we might have somone that can tell me more about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Is that Marty Feldman in the first thumbnail of post #2?

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

I think I posted an article somewhere here on the board on this before the Navy game a year ago. The booklet is a momento for U.S. Navy & Marine Corps officers attending the V-12 Training Program at Tech during WWII. The Naval Academy couldn't handle the demand for officers so colleges around the country were asked to sponsor the V-12 program as a way to provide officer candidates with a college education and military training. Most of the 1944 Tech football team consisted of these guys. One went on to become a U.S. Army general and another a Navy admiral. One played professionally in the NFL after the war.

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    I think I posted an article somewhere here on the board on this before the Navy game a year ago. The booklet is a momento for U.S. Navy & Marine Corps officers attending the V-12 Training Program at Tech during WWII. The Naval Academy couldn't handle the demand for officers so colleges around the country were asked to sponsor the V-12 program as a way to provide officer candidates with a college education and military training. Most of the 1944 Tech football team consisted of these guys. One went on to become a U.S. Army general and another a Navy admiral. One played professionally in the NFL after the war.
    Any idea if the pin is part of the program?

The program is labled
    Vol. XLIII
    February, 1945
    Number 1

Published by the Publications Department of Louisiana Polytechnic Institute, in collaboration with the Navy V-12 Unit of the college.

With a symble of:
    T
    PRESS
    C
    H
    (the "TECH" should go down the "E" column)
    A miss Betty Smith (an Oct 1944 Graduate from Shreveport) wrote a full one page "Sentiments". Anyone know her or of her?

Tech President Dr. Cottingham & Lt Comdr. E. J. Aylstock also have a short page.

I paid $21 for it and I have already gotten may money's worth out of it. When I get to a scanner I will copy every page. The pages I posted were from ebay and meant to excite Navy people I think. There are many more that us TECH people would love to see.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

I have several of the pins and I think they were one of the few Tech items available in the 40s. I don't think it was part of the V-12 program specificially.

Tech turned out several hundred Naval and Marine officers through this program, most of whom went on to serve in the Pacific theater. Cloyce Box was one of the Marine officers, played on the '44 Tech football team and was a 2-time Pro Bowler with the Detroit Lions after the war. He made millions as an oilman. The orignial "Southfork" house on the Dallas TV show was his house.

A few of these guys remain. Very few.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

JAB, I would very interested in seeing some of those pictures. My dad would especialy since he was in one of the V-12 Classes.

+ Reply to Thread