+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's program motto: Final Four in Four

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Women's program motto: Final Four in Four

I really, really, like the direction that our program is heading right now. We have the perfect coach for our situation, (from what I hear) we have a great recruiting class coming this fall, and people are starting to get excited again for the Women's program.

I would like to see the PR guys adopt some sort of motto like: Final Four in Four. It's where we belong and two more great recruiting classes can defiantly put us there. Thoughts....

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: Women's program motto: Final Four in Four

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    I really, really, like the direction that our program is heading right now. We have the perfect coach for our situation, (from what I hear) we have a great recruiting class coming this fall, and people are starting to get excited again for the Women's program.

I would like to see the PR guys adopt some sort of motto like: Final Four in Four. It's where we belong and two more great recruiting classes can defiantly put us there. Thoughts....
    It's a very doable goal. Our administration would have to commit to this 100% for it to happen.

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

Lets just try to win one in the first round, first..........................

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

You want our motto to be, 'we will be really good in 4 years'?

What about, ' let's be really good this year'.

It's an attainable goal and something our coaches should set their sights on, but it's not a PR motto.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

That would put way too much unnecessary pressure on our coaching staff and players with the limited resources we have.

We haven't won a first round game since 2004. Let's try to do that first.

I'd like us to adopt the motto "UP."

Teresa Weatherspoon after the loss to Rutgers
    "Do you see where we're going? There is no where else to go but up. That's the only place we're going. That's the only reason I'm here. It's the only reason those kids perform. Up. Write it. Capitalize it. U.P. High as you want it. Send an arrow with it because that's the only place we're going. That's it. Bottom line. Point blank. That's where we're going. Believe that. Write it. Lady Techsters. Back. Love it."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I love Spoon! As a person, as a coach, and for everything she has ever done, and continues to do, for Tech.

But....(the dreaded "but") we were totally out-classed by Rutgers. Never in it. Not even that mini-run when we tied it at 14 had us "in" that game. Then, Rutgers got totally out-classed by aTm. Yeah, Blair is a great coach and yeah, aTm was national champs. But, Rutgers finished 6th in their conference....and they clobbered us!

There is a wide gulf between where we are, and where we all hope to be...again.

Spoon is not YET the headcoach that Tech needs. Let me clarify. I think she will grow into the position, and she certainly has the passion to give it her all. But, Division I WBB, much like WBB (or girls' basketball at all levels) is not the quaint little sideshow some want to make it to be. There are some truly great coaches out there and lots of very serious basketball being played.

Spoon has got to "mature" into a Division I headcoach. I think she will, and I, for one, am willing to give her time. I think she has earned the chance to try.

There is more to coaching than motivational speeches. That is especially true at the highest level of Division I athletics.

Now, if any of you feel the need to "attack" me about this post, at least read it first, digest it, and think about it carefully before you do.

As I have said many times, I LOVE SPOON!

mostly....

Love dem Techsters!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I love Spoon! As a person, as a coach, and for everything she has ever done, and continues to do, for Tech.

But....(the dreaded "but") we were totally out-classed by Rutgers. Never in it. Not even that mini-run when we tied it at 14 had us "in" that game. Then, Rutgers got totally out-classed by aTm. Yeah, Blair is a great coach and yeah, aTm was national champs. But, Rutgers finished 6th in their conference....and they clobbered us!

Spoon is not YET the headcoach that Tech needs. Let me clarify. I think she will grow into the position, and she certainly has the passion to give it her all. But, Division I WBB, much like WBB (or girls' basketball at all levels) is not the quaint little sideshow some want to make it to be. There are some truly great coaches out there and lots of very serious basketball being played.

Spoon has got to "mature" into a Division I headcoach. I think she will, and I, for one, am willing to give her time. I think she has earned the chance to try.

There is more to coaching than motivational speeches. That is especially true at the highest level of Division I athletics.

Now, if any of you feel the need to "attack" me about this post, at least read it first, digest it, and think about it carefully before you do.

mostly....

Love dem Techsters!
    I won't attack. I think you have a good point; however, I think it has more to do with recruiting right now than anything else. We are building and, hopefully, we will continue to build back what we want under Spoon with the right players. That is what it will take to reach that next level again.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

mostly....

Love dem Techsters!
    Spot on. Weatherspoon has brought back pride, and knows how to talk the talk when it comes to the Techster program. I agree that she has earned the right to grow into the position. She, like the program, has a long way to go. Some of her commentary has come off as immature at times and there have been more than a few occasions where it seemed to become more about her than the players or the program, but those are all learning curves that I expect she will navigate successfully. Recruiting has yet to demonstrate (in my opinion) that the program is "building." Seems more like "replacing" than "building" right now, but time will tell.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

We need to recruit BIG girls. Forget local. We need size, whether it's from Canada or China.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

It is time to see improvement....THIS YEAR!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

mostly....

Love dem Techsters!

Good post. Passion and personal talent do not always cross over to coaching. Recruiting should be a natural for her but maybe she needs a good X and O man like Leon on her staff. I wish she would have had the experience of coaching under him or one of the other greats out there before having the whole program handed to her with such great expectations. She does have us back in the dance and hopefully we will see continued improvement. At this point, that is what I am hoping for.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Daron Park is about as good of an X and 0 coach that you can find. Taking Maryland to the NC with his knowledge in Brenda Freese' absence is good enough for me. He is an awesome coach.

We are not seeing a lack of coaching, we are seeing the building of talent. We need to just keep building the talent. I know it is frustrating for those of us that are used to Final Fours and NC games, but it will take a while. Spoon is doing a tremendous job. It is building, but we want instant results. I am great with a slow steady build to something that will last again.

It works in a circle - Fans = Talent = Winning - Fans = Talent etc... Coaching is what puts it all together. We are winning back the fans, winning more games, and the talent will slowly build. Pat Summit is one of the best coaches in the country. Spoon would have taken Tennessee this year to the NC game, though. We have something extremely special!

On top of all that, she LOVES Tech and all sports at Tech. Can't beat that! She is a winner and, as the talent builds, that is just what we will see.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Championship in 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puppy techfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    It's a very doable goal. Our administration would have to commit to this 100% for it to happen.
    Program needs to make it pass the NCAA Tournament 1st round before talking Final 4.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts are that you should aim high and take a chance at falling short rather than aiming for the curb, barely clear it, then claim a huge moral victory. I want them to expect to go far in the tourney every year. Why play if you don't plan and expect to win every game?

+ Reply to Thread