+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BO surprise address to the nation...9:30pm?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: BO surprise address to the nation...9:30pm?

New York and DC streets are filled with people celebrating, singing the Star-Spangled
    Banner and other patriotic songs, chanting USA-USA, and singing "na na na na, na na na na... hey hey, goodbye"

Pretty awesome.

And I'm going to gloat. The moment I heard about the news conference, I joked with one of my squad leaders that it was about Bin Laden... Then Geraldo brought it up after talking about a bunch of BS, and then it was confirmed. We both dropped our jaws at that and had a good laugh.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I sure wish we would have gotten him when Bush was still in office. I can't wait to see his reaction. I'm also glad that WE GOT HIM and he didn't just die of natural causes. I hope he saw the "USA" on the bomb just before it hit him.
    Oh yes! I was glad it wasn't natural causes!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    Oh yes! I was glad it wasn't natural causes!
    I'm glad to see you on here again!

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

This should be a time just to remember that we accomplished something that needed to be accomplished,and lost some very good people in the long process!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

My thoughts (only heard about it this morning):

1. Good riddance!

2. But this is not the end of the road, merely a milestone.

3. Presidents, regardless of party, have little to do with things like this. They give general directions and guidelines (with the exception of the LBJ White House), but mostly they leave it up to the military to plan the details of the operation. They do sign off on it though, and for that I give Obama credit. Goes to show why we do not need to be downsizing our intel services at this point.

4. Glad it was up close and personal and not a missile.

5. Anybody else find it rather odd that we buried him at sea? While I do not want to make him any more of a martyr than he already is, I think this allows all sorts of conspiracy theories to flourish. At this point (and hopefully more will come out about the why's of this action) I do not feel that it was a smart move on our part to do this. I would have preferred turning the body over to the Pakistani or Saudi governments for verification and burial. And I know that Islam has very strict requirments on how quickly burial must take place after death, but I feel that could have been accomplished within the time period.

6. Going to be interesting to see the world reaction over the next 72 hours on this and how this is reported around the world, especially in the Middle East.

7. How do the Paks respond to the fact that he was living not in a cave, but very near the capital?

8. Good riddance!
    Last edited by hookdown; 05-02-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody else find it rather odd that we buried hiim at sea?

Breaking news: they buried him in a sea of pig crap.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

A few more thoughts here:

http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/20...e-at-last.html

and here:

http://www.stratfor.com/analysis/201...=node%2F193187

"We know little beyond what we have been told, but we know it matters."

And I guess this was to be expected....

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...-raid-knowing/
    Last edited by hookdown; 05-02-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Wow! and BHO's statement was made during The Donald's Apprentice. LOL!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    President Bush and President Obama both deserve credit. However, neither deserve it more than the men and women in uniform. Shut up about the Presidents.
    AMEN!! well said!

(conference)USA

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    My thoughts (only heard about it this morning):

1. Good riddance!

2. But this is not the end of the road, merely a milestone.

3. Presidents, regardless of party, have little to do with things like this. They give general directions and guidelines (with the exception of the LBJ White House), but mostly they leave it up to the military to plan the details of the operation. They do sign off on it though, and for that I give Obama credit. Goes to show why we do not need to be downsizing our intel services at this point.

4. Glad it was up close and personal and not a missile.

5. Anybody else find it rather odd that we buried him at sea? While I do not want to make him any more of a martyr than he already is, I think this allows all sorts of conspiracy theories to flourish. At this point (and hopefully more will come out about the why's of this action) I do not feel that it was a smart move on our part to do this. I would have preferred turning the body over to the Pakistani or Saudi governments for verification and burial. And I know that Islam has very strict requirments on how quickly burial must take place after death, but I feel that could have been accomplished within the time period.

6. Going to be interesting to see the world reaction over the next 72 hours on this and how this is reported around the world, especially in the Middle East.

7. How do the Paks respond to the fact that he was living not in a cave, but very near the capital?

8. Good riddance!
    +1

I'm not sure any government in the area wanted to take the body. Just imagine all the terrorists who would plot to snatch the body of OBL.

Regarding #7, not only was the compound close to the Pakistani capital, it was located in the same town as three army regiments, thousands of Pakistani soldiers, and half a mile from one of the country's top military academies.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Way to go USA military and all the ops both sucessful and unuscessful that it took to get him. The blood and sacrifice of our troops and families are a testament to to the greatness of the USA military. Godspeed to our troops and way to go Navy Seals. Job well done. Stay alert and God bless America!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    +1

I'm not sure any government in the area wanted to take the body. Just imagine all the terrorists who would plot to snatch the body of OBL.

Regarding #7, not only was the compound close to the Pakistani capital, it was located in the same town as three army regiments, thousands of Pakistani soldiers, and half a mile from one of the country's top military academies.
    hiding in plain sight.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    +1

It is being reported we offered it to the Saudi govt. and they declined.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Wow! and BHO's statement was made during The Donald's Apprentice. LOL!
    I'm proud Obama signed off on killing the guy but
    as childish and petty as Obama is you know that was on purpose!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ddgravy View Post
    Way to go USA military and all the ops both sucessful and unuscessful that it took to get him. The blood and sacrifice of our troops and families are a testament to to the greatness of the USA military. Godspeed to our troops and way to go Navy Seals. Job well done. Stay alert and God bless America!
    Mega Ditto!!

+ Reply to Thread