+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The truth is leaking out

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The truth is leaking out

You just know there are a bunch of great American heros who worked behind the scenes who would love to come out and thump their chests a little....and they would deserve a moment in the limelight too. But, they won't because they are still actively engaged in other covert operations.

However, others not so tied to protocol will leak as much information about this as possible. Some has gotten out already...more will follow. For me, I have two "inside" sources that will convey info when they are cleared to do so. Most of that info, although any news agency could pick it up and run with it, won't. They won't consider it newsworthy or something. It'll be interesting...

already:

the original lead to the courier, one of whom was also killed, came from interrogation of others at GITMO.

also, the SEALS knew the layout of the mansion because of satelite images taken in 2005 as it was being built. No, there are no complete set, but there was enough to help in the planning of the interior deployment of our guys. Now...that's cool!

This compound was identified as a possible hide-out for OBL, a strong possibility, last August, and it took this long to verify and make plans.

There will be more info later, for certain.

Now, unlike the Bush bashers, a couple of which couldn't wait to launch attacks against the former President, I do acknowledge President Obama's role in this historic event. It just wasn't the first thing, or among the first things, I thought of when I heard the news.

Obama deserves whatever credit a Prez should get in this situation. It take a measure of courage and leadership to order the operation into another country, especially one like Pakistan that is not altogether our ally, despite what they may say. It is also interesting that we did not alert the Pakistani gov-mint until after the operation was well underway, least that's what I heard. Obviously, we didn't want to give someone a chance to tip off OBL, like had been done at Tora Bora back in 2001.

Obama ordered the killing of those Somali pirates when they were holding an American captain hostage. Now, he orders this operation. Two good moves, IMO.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The truth is leaking out

I think it may be fair to say that Obama just earned his Nobel Peace Prize. (They would have never awarded it to him for this, but then again, they awarded it to him for nothing.)

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You just know there are a bunch of great American heros who worked behind the scenes who would love to come out and thump their chests a little....and they would deserve a moment in the limelight too. But, they won't because they are still actively engaged in other covert operations.

However, others not so tied to protocol will leak as much information about this as possible. Some has gotten out already...more will follow. For me, I have two "inside" sources that will convey info when they are cleared to do so. Most of that info, although any news agency could pick it up and run with it, won't. They won't consider it newsworthy or something. It'll be interesting...

already:

the original lead to the courier, one of whom was also killed, came from interrogation of others at GITMO.

also, the SEALS knew the layout of the mansion because of satelite images taken in 2005 as it was being built. No, there are no complete set, but there was enough to help in the planning of the interior deployment of our guys. Now...that's cool!

This compound was identified as a possible hide-out for OBL, a strong possibility, last August, and it took this long to verify and make plans.

There will be more info later, for certain.

Now, unlike the Bush bashers, a couple of which couldn't wait to launch attacks against the former President, I do acknowledge President Obama's role in this historic event. It just wasn't the first thing, or among the first things, I thought of when I heard the news.

Obama deserves whatever credit a Prez should get in this situation. It take a measure of courage and leadership to order the operation into another country, especially one like Pakistan that is not altogether our ally, despite what they may say. It is also interesting that we did not alert the Pakistani gov-mint until after the operation was well underway, least that's what I heard. Obviously, we didn't want to give someone a chance to tip off OBL, like had been done at Tora Bora back in 2001.

Obama ordered the killing of those Somali pirates when they were holding an American captain hostage. Now, he orders this operation. Two good moves, IMO.

Agree. While I am no fan of BHO's policies, I do applaude him for his decision in this case. Glad he also gave props to GWB, actually showed some class IMO. It was probably his best speech I've heard him give.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I'm pumped.

And some people I swear. Can we just give the president credit without a million prefixes? Partisan polics, Jersus.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The news is reporting all of that.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I wonder how that 70 virgin thing is working out for him!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Probably didn't think they would all be some of the young men he sent to kill themselves. Now they all get to live their dream. Everyday is man-love-Thursday.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I wonder how that 70 virgin thing is working out for him!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j0XxAtmeYQ

+ Reply to Thread