+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5/7 Battle for the Bone - Doubleheader

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: 5/7 Battle for the Bone - Doubleheader

Gavin Moberg, KTAL 6: Baseball Splits DH with No. 19 Fresno State

Hobie Artigue, KTVE 10: La Tech Beats 18) Fresno, 8-6

Adria Goins, KSLA 12: Louisiana Tech takes two games from no. 18 Fresno

Was Emily Villere there again? All I can find from KNOE is a 3+ minute advertisement for ULM athletics with footage of a sold out Malone Stadium full of Grambling fans, ULM's proposed video board, and Bobby Staub claiming to be "North Louisiana's Team."

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I guess Ethan Conley got the weekend off. TNS just ran our SID release again.

The Shreveport Times hasn't even acknowledged Tech was even playing this weekend, much less that we beat the No. 19 team in the country with several players from Shreveport and the surrounding area. They could have at least run our SID releases like TNS did. Apparently these subjects were more news worthy on Saturday and Sunday:
    - Arena football team that doesn't exist anymore
    - Minor league hockey
    - LSU football
    - Kentucky Derby
    - Wells Fargo golf tournament
    - Northwestern State Track and Field
    - Calvary High School baseball
    - Texas Rangers
    - Houston Astros
    - Nascar
    - Basketball moms
    - Former European golfer's death
    - Evangel High School baseball
    - LSU vs. Alabama baseball
    - High school track meet
    - Grizzlies and Thunder
    - Mavs and Lakers
    - Caddo Magnet High School track and field
    - SEC baseball could get 10 teams in NCAA tournament
    - Northwestern St. vs. UCA baseball
    - Lakeside, Calvary high school track
    - Shoal Creek golf tournament
    - Bulls vs. Hawks
    - Quail Hollow golf tournament
    jimwatson@gannett.com
    sferrell@gannett.com
    jpugh@gannett.com
    rflang@gannett.com
    kmorris4@gannett.com

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Hate to let you know this but the Times has a funny way of giving baseball scores and write-ups. The Times did mention Tech in the paper, they just buried it in the Alabama/LSU article.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...U-evens-series

They love to do this. They did the same thing last week in our series against Nevada. It was buried in a LSU article. They'll put Northwesterns scores in there too. IMO, the Times sports reporters are no better than the NS reporters when it comes to Tech sports articles.
    Last edited by LABulldog; 05-08-2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: grammer :)

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Hate to let you know this but the Times has a funny way of giving baseball scores and write-ups. The Times did mention Tech in the paper, they just buried it in the Alabama/LSU article.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...U-evens-series

They love to do this. They did the same thing last week in our series against Nevada. It was buried in a LSU article. They'll put Northwesterns scores in there too. IMO, the Times sports reporters are no better than the NS reporters when it comes to Tech sports articles.
    I refuse to click on LSU articles.

KNOE was a little slow uploading their video. Here it is.

Emily Villere, KNOE 8: Saturday Night Sportscast: May 7

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I refuse to click on LSU articles.

KNOE was a little slow uploading their video. Here it is.

Emily Villere, KNOE 8: Saturday Night Sportscast: May 7
    Yeah, slow maybe, but she got her butt over to Ruston to cover Tech. She and I were the only ones shooting TECH and FRESNECK. FRESNECK!

I mean, even the dorm apts. along the outfield wall were scarce with people.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Yeah, slow maybe, but she got her butt over to Ruston to cover Tech. She and I were the only ones shooting TECH and FRESNECK. FRESNECK!

I mean, even the dorm apts. along the outfield wall were scarce with people.
    I like Emily much better than my buddy Gene.:icon_wink: Both (along with Hobie) have done a good job covering Tech baseball this year.

+ Reply to Thread