+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LHSAA 3A/4A Baseball State Championships

Varsity Bulldog Black is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the rough

Re: LHSAA 3A/4A Baseball State Championships

Now that I know what the call was..who should of batted? The catcher or the guy who pinch ran? But it was nice to see both teams come together and joke around after the game.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Now that I know what the call was..who should of batted? The catcher or the guy who pinch ran? But it was nice to see both teams come together and joke around after the game.
    The guy who ran or his replacement right? Pinch = replace. Bottom line is that one of the replaced players can't go back in.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The guy who ran or his replacement right? Pinch = replace. Bottom line is that one of the replaced players can't go back in.
    The original catcher could have hit or anyone other than the guy that was pinch ran for.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    The original catcher could have hit or anyone other than the guy that was pinch ran for.
    How did the courtesy runner rule play into this situation?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    No, it doesn't make him the catcher. You must establish yourself as the catcher by actually playing that position defensively. That was actually the coaches argument I believe. But it's just not right. You are correct, it was handled with class by both sides.
    Wow, hell of an ending. You would think that the coach knew he was on shaky ground, and he would have clarified before just putting the guy back out there to hit.

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

From what I remember about the rules when I coached H.S. baseball a couple of years ago the guy should have been allowed to return as a hitter (the guy that pinch hit).. you are allowed one re-enter per game if it's how I remember it.. What I imagine happened is the coach for St. Michaels did not report the hitter re-entering the ballgame to the umprie, which caused him to be called out when he got on base.. could be wrong because I wasn't there, but from what I read sounds like that was the case

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguylatech View Post
    From what I remember about the rules when I coached H.S. baseball a couple of years ago the guy should have been allowed to return as a hitter (the guy that pinch hit).. you are allowed one re-enter per game if it's how I remember it..
    Isn't it only the starters that can re-enter?

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Isn't it only the starters that can re-enter?
    I went and tried to do a little research and I think you may be right.. I didn't get in depth in looking and would have to get a nfhs rule book to be sure but I say something on the site where it was showing the difference in baseball and softball rules and it had under the baseball side sub may not re-enter and softball all had a re-enter

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguylatech View Post
    From what I remember about the rules when I coached H.S. baseball a couple of years ago the guy should have been allowed to return as a hitter (the guy that pinch hit).. you are allowed one re-enter per game if it's how I remember it.. What I imagine happened is the coach for St. Michaels did not report the hitter re-entering the ballgame to the umprie, which caused him to be called out when he got on base.. could be wrong because I wasn't there, but from what I read sounds like that was the case
    Only starters may re-enter. He was not a starter, so as soon as he was pinch ran for, he was done.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    How did the courtesy runner rule play into this situation?

You cannot courtesy run for the catcher or pitcher unless they have been on defense in that position. You can't just say "this guy is gonna catch/pitch next inning so I'm courtesy running for him". Doesn't work that way.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

HS baseball could do themselves a huge favor and just go to traditional baseball rules for this crap.
    • No re-entering games.
    • No "courtesy" runner.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    HS baseball could do themselves a huge favor and just go to traditional baseball rules for this crap.
    • No re-entering games.
    • No "courtesy" runner.

Courtesy runner for the catcher is good for speeding the game up. Dixie Youth should do this. Good grief, it never fails that the catcher is either on deck, at bat, or on base at the end of EVERY 1/2 inning.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Sure would be nice to have courtesy free throw shooters.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    • No re-entering games.
    • No "courtesy" runner.
    I don't mind the courtesy runner. I understand its place in the game. I don't like the substitution rules. Starters leave the game, they're burned. It's not that difficult.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread