+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spoiled?

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Spoiled?

Logical counter arguements were given for why it's not a bad idea for the lsu chancellor to speak and that he's not a born and raised lsu person and will be talking about how Tech & lsu need to partner.

So now the debate has devolved into "I paid good money to go to Tech and don't like my commencement speaker", which to me comes off as spoiled brat/naive child.

WAKE UP, this is the real world you didn't pay good money for 4 years and put in hard work to hear somebody speak at your graduation, you paid for that piece of paper and the quality education behind it! And whether you like it or not this ceremony isn't all about the graduates, it's also a chance for Tech to show-off and luckily we have a President that's savvy enough to take advantage of that.

I have no idea who my commencment speaker was, I think I ended up with Kathleen Blanco (talk about bad!), and it didn't make a difference one bit to how I felt about Tech, my degree, and actually made me proud because here's a pretty high up political figure that had to get informed on what Tech does before giving a speech so they can reach their audience.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Re: Spoiled?

I think the commencement speaker last spring was the founder of Good Housekeeping or something. The LSU chancellor should be more interesting than she was, at least.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

If Les Miles was the speaker I'd go myself. I would love to see a fake punt in the middle of a speech!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    I think the commencement speaker last spring was the founder of Good Housekeeping or something. The LSU chancellor should be more interesting than she was, at least.
    Are you referring to the Editor-in-Chief Rosemary Ellis? She is a very distinguised Tech alumni!

+ Reply to Thread