+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone seen Thor?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Anyone seen Thor?

If so, how was it?

The 7 year old is begging to go see it -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Anyone seen Thor?

He will enjoy it. It is very well done and plays on the comics and Norse mythology very well. Several things to laugh about and enjoy. It's hard to believe, but the "worse" thing about the movie is Anthony Hopkins. Seemed to just b going through the motions. But the rest of the cast was pretty good, even Natalie Portman despite overload.

The after credits scene shows what is likely the plot device for The Avengers movie coming out next year.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    He will enjoy it. It is very well done and plays on the comics and Norse mythology very well. Several things to laugh about and enjoy. It's hard to believe, but the "worse" thing about the movie is Anthony Hopkins. Seemed to just b going through the motions. But the rest of the cast was pretty good, even Natalie Portman despite overload.

The after credits scene shows what is likely the plot device for The Avengers movie coming out next year.
    I heard it was all special effects and no substance.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Sounds perfect for the 7 year old....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

That's one of those movies where I just sat there and had FUN watching it. Kind of like the A-Team last year. I dont' always need substance when you can just have a good time watching the movie. I had to go home and Google the last scene. It's definitely a setup for the Avengers and the actual device is involved with Captain America.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Pretty much. About 70/30 split in my opinion. Was still pretty good though.

In all honesty though, there isn't much substance you can put in a superhero film, especially one where there are aliens (that happen to look and talk just like us) based on Norse mythology.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Took my 8 and 6 yo to see it and they both loved it. I liked the fact that there was no profanity that I can remeber (maybe a hell or two).

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

If you go to see Thor or any Marvel movie, always stay till the very very end of the credits cause they always play a clip that drops info about their next movie. Captain America is gonna be awesome by the way.

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

I actually went and watched it at the Quail Springs IMAX here in OKC, definitely a movie to go watch for a good 3-D entertainment.

+ Reply to Thread