+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

NBA Playoffs

I don't see anyone stopping the Mavericks.

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Re: NBA Playoffs

There is a man known as the king who can. And the Mavs have yet to play a top defensive team. But they will be tough for the best defenses to guard.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    I don't see anyone stopping the Mavericks.
    Really PJ? I can't see the West winning this year. Heat or Bulls will crush anyone.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Really PJ? I can't see the West winning this year. Heat or Bulls will crush anyone.
    I think the east guys have one main advantage over both West teams, they have a true scoring post. Now, I know Dirk can score from anywhere, but he is still more of a perimeter/driving guy than a true post. Chicago with Boozer (though choking) and some other bigs who can score okay on their own or through putbacks and Heat with Bosh do have that advantage.

However, the Mavs have one huge advantage over everyone else in the playoffs, they have 3-4 spot up shooters each night, who will knock down open buckets on kickouts (I say 3-4 because Kidd isnt always on, but Terry, Peja, and Dirk will knock down open J's all night).OKC have Durant and Harden to an extent. Heat have Wade (Miller is off and Lebron has never realy been a knock down guy from perimeter). Bulls have 2-3 each night maybe.

I dont see the Bulls or Heat running away from the Mavs. I could see a team running away from OKC, though, because of erratic play at PG and lack of a scoring presence down low.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I think the east guys have one main advantage over both West teams, they have a true scoring post. Now, I know Dirk can score from anywhere, but he is still more of a perimeter/driving guy than a true post. Chicago with Boozer (though choking) and some other bigs who can score okay on their own or through putbacks and Heat with Bosh do have that advantage.

However, the Mavs have one huge advantage over everyone else in the playoffs, they have 3-4 spot up shooters each night, who will knock down open buckets on kickouts (I say 3-4 because Kidd isnt always on, but Terry, Peja, and Dirk will knock down open J's all night).OKC have Durant and Harden to an extent. Heat have Wade (Miller is off and Lebron has never realy been a knock down guy from perimeter). Bulls have 2-3 each night maybe.

I dont see the Bulls or Heat running away from the Mavs. I could see a team running away from OKC, though, because of erratic play at PG and lack of a scoring presence down low.
    You must not watch the Heat that much. Wade isn't a perimeter guy. Miller has been hot and cold this year but James Jones, Mike Bibby, and Mario Chalmers are also capable of putting up huge numbers. And LeBron is a much better perimeter guy that Wade.

Also I don't think the Bulls have much on the perimeter either. They have Korver who is streaky like Miller. Deng can have a good night as can Rose but none of those guys are playing to shoot 3s. Both eastern teams can hit 3s but they don't rely on it to fuel their offense. Guys like Dirk and Durant will have fits trying to consistently score on either of these defenses.

The finals will be won on defense. Mavs shoot 53% against a bad OKC D. Heat shoot 47% against the best D in the NBA. The physical play in the east is just too much for any team in the west not named the Spurs or Lakers.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Don't see the Bulls crushing OKC much less the Mavs and the Heat were swept by the Mavs this year. It will be a difficult Finals for all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Don't see the Bulls crushing OKC much less the Mavs and the Heat were swept by the Mavs this year. It will be a difficult Finals for all involved.
    Playoffs are different than regular season. I'm calling a 5 (maximum of 6) game series for whoever meets in the Finals with the East winning.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

You must not watch the Heat that much. Wade isn't a perimeter guy. Miller has been hot and cold this year but James Jones, Mike Bibby, and Mario Chalmers are also capable of putting up huge numbers. And LeBron is a much better perimeter guy that Wade.

Also I don't think the Bulls have much on the perimeter either. They have Korver who is streaky like Miller. Deng can have a good night as can Rose but none of those guys are playing to shoot 3s. Both eastern teams can hit 3s but they don't rely on it to fuel their offense. Guys like Dirk and Durant will have fits trying to consistently score on either of these defenses.

The finals will be won on defense. Mavs shoot 53% against a bad OKC D. Heat shoot 47% against the best D in the NBA. The physical play in the east is just too much for any team in the west not named the Spurs or Lakers.
    If you think Bibby is still capable of putting up huge numbers maybe YOU haven't watched the Heat this year. He sucks. This is Miami in 2011 not Sacramento in 2004.

Comparing the spot up shooters/bench of the Mavs and Heat is an enormous reach.

And the Heat and Bulls both don't have anyone who can guard Dirk. This isn't the Dirk from 2006. He got pissed and totally remade his game. He can now score down low in the post or out on the perimeter. If he can torch the Lakers D I am incredibly confident he can do the same to Miami or Chicago. I am actually a lot more worried about Chicago because quick PG's like Rose give Kidd a hard time. I think if the Heat played the Mavs they would put Chandler on the soft Chris Bosh and that would be that as far as he is concerned, Marion/Deshawn Stevenson are very good defenders and Dirk and the rest of the Mavs can match the scoring of Lebron and Wade. Remember it won't be Dirk vs. Lebron/Wade. It will be Dirk,Barea,Terry,Marion,Peja vs. Lebron/Wade. Its wishful thinking at best to say that Bibby, Jones, etc.. will have much of an effect on The Finals. Miami is truly a 2 and a half man team. Face it, it's gonna be Wade, Lebron and sometimes Bosh vs. OKC/Dallas. And that's IF they get past Chicago. As a matter of fact if I am not mistaken since the 2006 Finals the Heat have lost something like 14-17 straight games against Dallas including the 2 this year with Lebron/Bosh.

Playoffs are different than regular season. I'm calling a 5 (maximum of 6) game series for whoever meets in the Finals with the East winning.
    Nope. Both Eastern teams have BIG holes. They can win but it won't be dominantly.

I also think you still haven't gotten the 2005-2006 Mavs out of your head.

This is a totally different Mavs team who wins in a completely different way.

Nope. Both Eastern teams have BIG holes. They can win but it won't be dominantly.

I also think you still haven't gotten the 2005-2006 Mavs out of your head.

This is a totally different Mavs team who wins in a completely different way.
    I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a Mavs homer on this. The fact that you are arguing nonsensical stuff like this about the Heat and Bulls prove you can't get past your Dirk love.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Bulls would beat Mavs. Mavs would beat Heat. I hate to say it, but I think Heat or Bulls would beat the Thunder. Thunder lack a inside scoring presence, and Wade/Lebron are better than Durant/Harden/Westbrook.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a Mavs homer on this. The fact that you are arguing nonsensical stuff like this about the Heat and Bulls prove you can't get past your Dirk love.
    Not true. I would put the Heat as favorites. And your Lebron love borders on man-crush.

Nothing I have said in non-sensical. I have watched the Heat play probably 15-20 times during the regular season and every playoff game. My assessment is spot on.

The fact that you say that Bibby can put up huge numbers shows you are out of your league when arguing NBA with me. He would be a 3rd string PG on the Mavs at best. That's a fact.

Not true. I would put the Heat as favorites. And your Lebron love borders on man-crush.

Nothing I have said in non-sensical. I have watched the Heat play probably 15-20 times during the regular season and every playoff game. My assessment is spot on.

The fact that you say that Bibby can put up huge numbers shows you are out of your league when arguing NBA with me. He would be a 3rd string PG on the Mavs at best. That's a fact.
    He shot 44% from 3 this season. I said he can hit the 3 in bunches. What is wrong with that?

He shot 44% from 3 this season. I said he can hit the 3 in bunches. What is wrong with that?
    No you said: "Mike Bibby, and Mario Chalmers are also capable of putting up huge numbers."

But to your point Bibby is shooting 22% over 12 post-season games this year and 25% overall FG shooting. Like you said regular season and playoffs are different. He also only averaging 1 assist per game during the postseason. I realize the offense runs through Wade and Lebron but YOU could average more than 1 assist per game on a team with Lebron, Wade and Bosh. He's been ineffective during the postseason.

It's also funny that you said the physical play in the East would be too much for anyone in the West except the Lakers and Spurs after the Mavs obliterated a Lakers team that was very physical with them.

I'm not being non-sensical. Like I said you are envisioning the Mavericks from 2006 who were mentally weak, didn't play physical and played poor defense. There are only 2 players remaining from that team on the entire roster. And this roster is focused on defense, being more physical, mentally tough and has a much, much higher basketball IQ. I also think Carlisle could coach circles around Spoelstra. The only reason I label them the favorites is they have 2 of the best 3 players in the game and another good player. If Caron Butler wasn't hurt I might say the Mavs would be favorites. That injury likely killed the Mavs chances at winning the Finals.

+ Reply to Thread