+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    It is painful reading your idiotic posts Juice. You definitely have all the answers.

You say Dirk rebounds like an above average guard, but don't mention that he shoots like the best 2guard in the league. You defend Perkins bc he is a good defender (which is about all he is good for) yet you diss Dirk for not playing like a center. So every player should be the best in every category or is it ok to have role players? Ok to have a role player that scores 30/game and hits all the big shots in nut cutting time, including free throws?
    It is a different comparison between Perkins and Dirk. Dirk is the #1 option on his team being said to be a top 30 player of all time. Perkins is the #4/5 option on his team that probably won't be a hall of famer (and that is easy in basketball). I'm not saying Dirk is a role player. I'm not saying he's bad. I'm saying he's not as good as people act like he is.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

30 greatest players of all time. This is my list and some may disagree. Where would Dirk fall on this list.
    1- Michael Jordan
    2- Wilt Chamberlain
    3- Bill Russell
    4- Magic Johnson
    5- Shaq
    6- Oscar Robinson
    7- Kareem
    8- Jerry West
    9- Larry Bird
    10- Elgin Baylor
    11- Hakeem
    12- DR. J
    13- Moses Malone
    14- Bob Pettit
    15- Karl Malone
    16- John Havlicek
    17- Isiah Thomas
    18- David Robinson
    19- Scottie Pippen
    20- Rick Barry
    21- John Stockton
    22- Charles Barkley
    23- Bob Cousy
    24- Kevin McHale
    25- Elvin Hayes
    26- Willis Reed
    27- Pete Maravich
    28- Wes Unseld
    29- Clyde Drexler
    30- George Mikan

Can someone ask Magic where Dirk falls on that list? I'm not even including guys like Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Kevin Garnett, etc that are currently playing (besides Shaq) who will be top 50 players if not top 30 players when they retire.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    30 greatest players of all time. This is my list and some may disagree. Where would Dirk fall on this list.
    1- Michael Jordan
    2- Wilt Chamberlain
    3- Bill Russell
    4- Magic Johnson
    5- Shaq
    6- Oscar Robinson
    7- Kareem
    8- Jerry West
    9- Larry Bird
    10- Elgin Baylor
    11- Hakeem
    12- DR. J
    13- Moses Malone
    14- Bob Pettit
    15- Karl Malone
    16- John Havlicek
    17- Isiah Thomas
    18- David Robinson
    19- Scottie Pippen
    20- Rick Barry
    21- John Stockton
    22- Charles Barkley
    23- Bob Cousy
    24- Kevin McHale
    25- Elvin Hayes
    26- Willis Reed
    27- Pete Maravich
    28- Wes Unseld
    29- Clyde Drexler
    30- George Mikan

Can someone ask Magic where Dirk falls on that list? I'm not even including guys like Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Kevin Garnett, etc that are currently playing (besides Shaq) who will be top 50 players if not top 30 players when they retire.
    Keep going. You said he is not top-50.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Keep going. You said he is not top-50.
    Right now I'm arguing how Magic said he's top 30. Top 50 is easy. Here is the list provided by the NBA.

http://www.nba.com/history/50greatest.html

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

It isn't just about points and rebounds. Why did Dallas lose the series? There comes a point where you have to just throw stats out. If Dirk goes another year without a ring then you have to do it for him. He puts up insane numbers on offense. Well why isn't that translating? Maybe it is because the value he adds on offense doesn't justify the hole from his defense.

And fine lets put it this way. Even if he is an above average defender, that is not anywhere near the effort his team needs from him. The superstar is supposed to bring a level of intensity on both sides of the ball in the playoffs. Look what LeBron did last game. He took the impossible task of guarding Rose. I'm not saying Dirk needs to guard LeBron in the Finals. But his intensity level on D is currently a 3 and he needs to turn it up to a 10.
    Man your pride prevents you from seeing the obvious. Dirk was with an entire team that didn't play defense. He had centers like Shawn Bradley and Reaf Lafrentz most of his career. I think every expert you would talk to would say they don't have a ring because of the players around Dirk that were on the Mavs not Dirk yet you make an idiotic statement like this??? Take a step back from the arguement for a second and read what you are writing.

And now you are saying that there comes a time where you have to throw stats out!!! You know why?? Because the stats, in black and white prove you are wrong. And now that they have done that you want to throw them out.

You argue like a 3rd grader. And like a 3rd grader you have been taken to school.

Right now I'm arguing how Magic said he's top 30. Top 50 is easy. Here is the list provided by the NBA.

http://www.nba.com/history/50greatest.html
    Ok right off the bat Dave Debuescher. Dirk is better.

I read that entire list last night.

Man your pride prevents you from seeing the obvious. Dirk was with an entire team that didn't play defense. He had centers like Shawn Bradley and Reaf Lafrentz most of his career. I think every expert you would talk to would say they don't have a ring because of the players around Dirk that were on the Mavs not Dirk yet you make an idiotic statement like this??? Take a step back from the arguement for a second and read what you are writing.

And now you are saying that there comes a time where you have to throw stats out!!! You know why?? Because the stats, in black and white prove you are wrong. And now that they have done that you want to throw them out.

You argue like a 3rd grader. And like a 3rd grader you have been taken to school.
    Have I been name calling? I've been trying to be respectful while disagreeing with your bias about Dirk. I don't know if I've let an "idiot" or "stupid" slip in on my posts but I'm going to try and refrain from that.

Dirk has had 5 postseasons where he played in single digit game totals. And another 2 where he has played in 10 games. You can blame it on other players all you want. But top 50 superstars don't let that keep them down. They bring a new level of intensity into the playoffs that offsets any missing talent from their team. Great players don't go home in the 1st round multiple times regardless of how bad their team around them is.

Ok right off the bat Dave Debuescher. Dirk is better.

I read that entire list last night.
    Is Dirk better than Tim Duncan? Dwayne Wade? Kevin Garnett? This has nothing to do with the list. I just want your honest opinion on those guys.

Have I been name calling? I've been trying to be respectful while disagreeing with your bias about Dirk. I don't know if I've let an "idiot" or "stupid" slip in on my posts but I'm going to try and refrain from that.

Dirk has had 5 postseasons where he played in single digit game totals. And another 2 where he has played in 10 games. You can blame it on other players all you want. But top 50 superstars don't let that keep them down. They bring a new level of intensity into the playoffs that offsets any missing talent from their team. Great players don't go home in the 1st round multiple times regardless of how bad their team around them is.

When denying the obvious, despite tons of facts and stats that prove you wrong then yes, I'm sorry but you are behaving like a complete idiot.

I have showed you where Dirk did take it to another level and they were still eliminated.

I find it ironic that your favorite player was unable to take it to another level and get a ring. Was Karl Malone unable to take it to another level. Dan Marino??

Also define great? How many great players are in the NBA right now. Is Granger from Indiana a good player?

Is Dirk better than Tim Duncan? Dwayne Wade? Kevin Garnett? This has nothing to do with the list. I just want your honest opinion on those guys.
    Not Wade. Dirk can't even enter that conversation.

He is better than Duncan and Garnett now but over their entire careers I would take Duncan and Garnett over him but it is much closer than you think.

By the way did Garnett win a ring by taking to another level or by having Rajon Rondo, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen by his side???

How come Pierce couldn't win a ring before Allen, Rondo and Garnett arrived on the scene? Was he just unable to take it to another level??

OK after looking at the stats I take it back. Dirks individual career has been every bit as impressive as Duncans. And he has done it with every team fixated on stopping just him while Duncan has had multiple stars by his side. (an idea you have a hard time grasping) Sticking with Garnett being better though. BUT Garnett looks to be fading fast while Dirk looks better than ever this year. You can argue about when Dirk will decline all you want but the truth is we just don't know.

Bear in mind that everyone has their pet peeves. I think while defense is important I don't think it is as big a deal as you think. While I probably place FT shooting higher than you do. As you can't understand how Dirk can't take it to another level on defense I find it amazing that Shaq couldn't find a way to hit more than 52% during his career and that he had 8 or 9 season below 50%. That is just work. Being fat is inexcusable. Having your teammates publically call you out to the media for being fat is inexcusable.

The point being, everyone has their own criteria and you have to acknowledge that and view things from a wider lense than you do.
    Last edited by Bigdog13; 05-26-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

1- Michael Jordan
    2- Wilt Chamberlain
    3- Bill Russell
    4- Magic Johnson
    5- Shaq
    6- Oscar Robinson
    7- Kareem
    8- Jerry West
    9- Larry Bird
    10- Elgin Baylor
    11- Hakeem
    12- DR. J
    13- Moses Malone
    14- Bob Pettit
    15- Karl Malone
    16- John Havlicek
    17- Isiah Thomas
    18- David Robinson
    19- Scottie Pippen
    20- Rick Barry
    21- John Stockton
    22- Charles Barkley
    23- Bob Cousy
    24- Kevin McHale
    25- Elvin Hayes
    26- Willis Reed
    27- Pete Maravich
    28- Wes Unseld
    29- Clyde Drexler
    30- George Mikan

16-better scorer than any of the others beneath him, much better scorer than some. Good defensive rebounder. At lowest, 22 because I definitely have him in front of the "Round Mound of Rebound" and McHale. Overall, 16 sounds like a good spot for him.

That list is faulty anyways. Any list that has Shaq above Dream is just wrong. I mean we did watch the 95 finals where Hakeem handed the man his jock, didnt we? And dont give me the Shaq was young argument, two of Shaq's top 3 years were 93-94 and 94-95.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    16-better scorer than any of the others beneath him, much better scorer than some. Good defensive rebounder. At lowest, 22 because I definitely have him in front of the "Round Mound of Rebound" and McHale. Overall, 16 sounds like a good spot for him.

That list is faulty anyways. Any list that has Shaq above Dream is just wrong. I mean we did watch the 95 finals where Hakeem handed the man his jock, didnt we? And dont give me the Shaq was young argument, two of Shaq's top 3 years were 93-94 and 94-95.
    Yeah Hakeem really took Shaq to school.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post

For the record I'm the one being made fun of here. I'm done with this conversation. Can't argue bias or ignorance.

For the record I'm the one being made fun of here. I'm done with this conversation. Can't argue bias or ignorance.
    You are the one ignoring stats and facts and going almost totally off of bias, opinion and ignorance. That is what is so frustrating.

+ Reply to Thread