+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Banking/Accounting dawgs!

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Banking/Accounting dawgs!

Hello all!

Some of you may remember my last thread, which illustrated the instability with my then current career situation. If not, I was until recently the Assistant Administrator for a nursing home in West Monroe, and also spent some time in Natchitoches overseeing their remodel project under the umbrella of the same parent company.

Since that previous thread, the company and I have decided to part ways. The company's plan 2 years ago when they hired me was to wait until I was fully licensed, then find one of their nursing homes to run. Only problem is, someone else would either have to change jobs, change companies, or get fired for a position to open up. Fast forward 2 years to now and that still hasn't happened, and there's no sign that it will anytime soon.

This situation has been evident to me for some time, so I've been doing some true soul-searching to decide what I REALLY want to do for a living. Long story short, I have come to the decision that I want to pursue a career in banking or professional accounting. I also have decided that I'm going to pursue further education, most likely an MBA, and maybe even CPA licensure down the line.

So... All this being said, I once again reach out to my fellow Dawgs in hopes that someone can help or knows someone who could possibly help a guy that fell into a tough situation and now has a clear goal of where his life wants to go. Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

B4S

Edit: I should state that I would ideally like to remain in the Monroe/West Monroe/Ruston region. Wife is a teacher and will be hard to move to say, Caddo/Bossier due to new hire moratoriums and such. Not only that, but I like it here. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Built4Speed; 05-23-2011 at 10:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread